You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Vs Villa

hamstrung

Fulham are a far better side than sunderland mate. And hodgson is a better manager than sbrigia.

Not doubting that. All I am saying that Fulham were not expected to win against a strong United side and Villa were expected to get something off a half reserve United team.

Have faith young padawan. This is what happens when you are in a title race. Look at the remaining fixtures with a shed of optimism.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll draw at home with Hull, Stoke, West Ham, Fulham, City and Everton.

Torres will miss half the season.

Rafa will be picking fights just like he did the year before.

Keane will flop and Dossena won't be much better.

Oh, but you'll be fighting tooth and nail for the title in mid-April.

Tell people that in August and they'd have thought you were cracked.

Stop making predictions about this season, it has been too weird already.

Some very good advice that. Anything can happen.

Anything can happen. Now its got 'real' both ourselves and the Scum will be feeling extra weight. Those down the bottom simply have to give it everything they've got. There's no point in them trying to nick a point etc against us and Man Utd they have to go out and try to win. That could well help us and possibly lead to them being further exposed. Maybe just maybe eh.

Hell even Newcastle won't be a roll over.

Why ?

The Mancs have failed to win 7 of their 15 away games already , and some to very ordinary teams & they will be threading these games around CL & FA Cup games as well. Also , Wenger , for all of his faults , will never spread 'em for Ferguson don't you worry.

And on a more surreal note , if you are looking for omens I just flicked the TV over and happened upon Liam Neeson kicking the shit out of James Nesbitt.

Fingers crossed then!

And on a more surreal note , if you are looking for omens I just flicked the TV over and happened upon Liam Neeson kicking the shit out of James Nesbitt.

If, perchance, we don't win the league I think Leeson will happily supply us with Nesbitt's home address so we can all have a go.

If we didn't win the league this season... how would you feel? What has this season taught you?

That we are going to win it sooner rather than later.

Nobody comes from fourth to win any top flight league with no title winning experience in the squad, and yet here we are in with a chance, scrapping it out to the last few games. We will push on from this. We will play better next season. And this squad has a title in them.

At the end of the day at the start of the season all I wanted was a major challenge lasting into the last 10 games. We have achieved this and some more. The fact that we were top for so long makes it more dissapointing if and when it's decided that we won't win it this year. If we don't atleast we have shown we have what it takes meaning it will be much sooner rather than later we will win it. However I still have very very high hopes for this season.

I didnt even watch the game and only heard it was 2-2 after a call but I refused to go and watch because I knew they would win.

However there is a very big positive from this weekend in that both teams won when they could have drawn and if both teams had drawn it could have been seen as another missed opportunity. At least we didnt fuck up and if we dont fuckup till the end of the season we will finsih within 4 points of the champions which I think most of us would have settled for at the start of the season if not in November.

I didnt even watch the game and only heard it was 2-2 after a call but I refused to go and watch because I knew they would win.

However there is a very big positive from this weekend in that both teams won when they could have drawn and if both teams had drawn it could have been seen as another missed opportunity. At least we didnt fuck up and if we dont fuckup till the end of the season we will finsih within 4 points of the champions which I think most of us would have settled for at the start of the season if not in November.

You're an idiot and not even a Red.

Please fuck off.

Regards.

My biggest fear is that every season we keep saying with a couple of additions we will win it next year. But it's doesn't happen. I am keeping everything crossed that we can win it this year but I just can't see it not after today.

My biggest fear is that every season we keep saying with a couple of additions we will win it next year. But it's doesn't happen. I am keeping everything crossed that we can win it this year but I just can't see it not after today.

But what do they think on RTE?

I really hope Fergie stays in the job for a while yet, I want to knock the shitty arsed cunt right off his fucking perch.

I never thought we "would" win the league this season. It's possible but I never thought at the start of the season that we were going to win it. Benitez, most seasons, has reduced the points deficit between ourselves and the top side. Next season is the one where I think we could win the league. It's unusual to go from 4th to champions. Most teams lose the league before they win it. That said, I still think we have a chance of winning the league. This isn't a point directly to you but I wish people would sit tight and see what happens, rather than getting carried away on the back of a win, a defeat, or another team winning. People's opinions are swinging wildly on the back of a result or two and it's, well, quite soft. We might win. We might not. If we keep this up, I will finish the season a proud red with high hopes for next season.

I agree dirk. The point you made about teams losing the league before they win it is intersting. If we don't win it this season the players will know how bad of a feeling it is to lose the league and will try their upmost not to lose it again. The expireience will spur them on.

I agree dirk. The point you made about teams losing the league before they win it is intersting. If we don't win it this season the players will know how bad of a feeling it is to lose the league and will try their upmost not to lose it again. The expireience will spur them on.

Interesting point of vew

However as a tiler will tell you if you dont have the tools you cant do the job, we have lots of tools (too many of one type) and sometimes you need that special tool to cut special corners (ie the type of player we could have bought this season but we didnt) and if you dont have that tool you cant finish the job off.

Unless those problems are readdressed in the summer I dont see us winning it next season either.

Next season we should spend all our money on one player ie Ribbery and let the squad any youngeters be enough to see us through. However I am pretty sure that wont happen but i might be pleasantly surprised

I never thought we "would" win the league this season. It's possible but I never thought at the start of the season that we were going to win it. Benitez, most seasons, has reduced the points deficit between ourselves and the top side. Next season is the one where I think we could win the league. It's unusual to go from 4th to champions. Most teams lose the league before they win it. That said, I still think we have a chance of winning the league. This isn't a point directly to you but I wish people would sit tight and see what happens, rather than getting carried away on the back of a win, a defeat, or another team winning. People's opinions are swinging wildly on the back of a result or two and it's, well, quite soft. We might win. We might not. If we keep this up, I will finish the season a proud red with high hopes for next season.

Agreed. People have sat up and taken notice of us this season. We're no longer the "side most likely to drop out of the top 4" - we're genuine title fodder.

I feel so gutted like that was it right there, if they lost or got a a draw it would of been so close but now it seems so far away. I'll probably feel this way until the weekend when we beat Blackburn and play the waiting game again.

Villa and Everton normally roll over and die for Utd most seasons so I wouldn't be too disheartened mate. Utd weren't going to lose all their games from now till the end of the season. What these last couple of weeks has shown is that they are shit at the back which will encourage teams to have a go rather than just sit back and hope they can defend for 90 mins (which is almost impossible).

Looking at the remaining fixtures, most of our games are played before the Mancs so we just need to make sure we do our job and keep the pressure on.

Villa and Everton normally roll over and die for Utd most seasons so I wouldn't be too disheartened mate. Utd weren't going to lose all their games from now till the end of the season. What these last couple of weeks has shown is that they are shit at the back which will encourage teams to have a go rather than just sit back and hope they can defend for 90 mins (which is almost impossible).

Looking at the remaining fixtures, most of our games are played before the Mancs so we just need to make sure we do our job and keep the pressure on.

I doubt everton will roll over manu this time, not with them chasing forth, not unless they hate us more than they want what's best for their own team.

Guest davelfc
I doubt everton will roll over manu this time, not with them chasing forth, not unless they hate us more than they want what's best for their own team.

I thought that was one of the definitions of being an evertonian?