You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Vs Villa

hamstrung

Guest The Chimp
I'll say what i've said fo ages, that United team is not all that great. Regardless of who is in their backline, if you have a go at them you have a chance. 8 goals conceeded in 3 games. Massive boost for them today obviously, but we just have to keep the pressure on and hope one or two teams can manage an upset. It isn't over and 3 weeks ago if you offered any of us a 1 point difference with them having just 1 game in hand we'd have taken it.

Bring on Chelsea.

One of my fave posters on here, and that above reminds me why. A good last post to read, before bed.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just goes to show, attack United and they are shit. Sit back and they will bum you.... easier as that.

The crazy thing is we're exactly the opposite, sit back against us and we struggle badly, attack us, and we'll bury you six goals deep.

Was a good goal by the lad to be fair, nothing surprises me when it comes to this lot and extra time these days though, I've seen it all before.

Oh and I move that anyone who types the word 'United' when referring to this lot should be negged from now on, they are to be referred to as mancs or scum at all times.

Apart from having to endure the tiresome tones of certain people who jumped on to the LFC bandwagon because of John Barnes, and have then spent the past couple of decades whining because various managers and fans have not agreed about 'making a case' for some Arsenal hopeful, the outlook is still pretty good. But we do just need to keep cool. Every win will be for naught if we then go on and trip up, or they just keep on winning, so this internet-era manic response to every individual game will do no one any good. We won, they won, move on.

Didn't expect Villa to get anything out of this but the manner in which they went about losing is heartbreaking.

Would of much preferred them to roll over and die then give me false hope.

spot on. and it seems the mancs have another greasy twat now, mac chedda or what ever the fuck his name was the fucking bell end. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.

Martin O'Neil you shit house.

You attacked a United defence that was weak and you fucking bummed them, then you decided to just sit back, hold tight and hope for the best. You got what you deserved.

This was the fucking problem - and is fucking correct. Villa were well in charge until Ronaldo spawned that second one into the corner (which Brad should really have tipped round the post, by rights, although it did go through someone's legs). From that point on, they fell to pieces like a bunch of panicky claret'n'blue fannies, essentially dropping keck and spreading cheek.

Apart from having to endure the tiresome tones of certain people who jumped on to the LFC bandwagon because of John Barnes, and have then spent the past couple of decades whining because various managers and fans have not agreed about 'making a case' for some Arsenal hopeful, the outlook is still pretty good. But we do just need to keep cool. Every win will be for naught if we then go on and trip up, or they just keep on winning, so this internet-era manic response to every individual game will do no one any good. We won, they won, move on.

I totally agree.

And when we won under similar circumstances vs Porstmouth, we then went and fucked it up at Middlesborough.

Their form is patchy, and this last minute winner doesn't mean they're suddenly going to become this invincible machine that just batters everyone out of sight.

There are games that we both play where points could be lost. Let's see what happens next weekend.

On to the blueshite (south).

Gutted at that but let's keep some perspective. Thump Fat Sam's men and the pressure's right back on them against a Sunderland side fighting for their lives. We essentially need two weekends where we gain on them and five where we hold steady. This particular weekend was always likely to fall into the latter category.

I don't get all this Villa hate, nobody expected them to win today and they nearly got a draw but for a superb goal. We need to concentrate on ourselves, we can still win it.

Rashid, how can you not 'get' the 'Villa hate'? I don't hate Villa in general, but I found their capitulation today, after Winker's second spawny goal squirmed in, disgusting, and a masterclass in how NOT to play against Manchester United.

Inviting those cunts onto you in the last ten minutes is a signing of your own death warrant. If they'd kept attacking United, they'd have stopped the scum setting up shop around their area like that – in the way we've seen so often, when they pump the ball into the area again, and again, and again, until something goes in – and would have kept them stretched and given them other things to think about.