You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubris (/hjuːbrɪs/) or hybris (/'haɪbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις), is a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, superciliousness, or arrogance, often resulting in fatal retribution. In ancient Greece, hubris referred to actions which, intentionally or not, shamed and humiliated the victim, and frequently the perpetrator as well. It was most evident in the public and private actions of the powerful and rich. The word was also used to describe actions of those who challenged the gods or their laws, especially in Greek tragedy, resulting in the protagonist's downfall.

In future they may as well just put: 'See Newcastle United'. Laughable club.

Mascher got sent off against them cunts last season for ten times less than what Ronaldo did today. They should have been down to fucking 8 men.

Yes. I honestly think he should have been sent off several times this season for his fake dives, imaginary card gestures and hassling the refs. The little creep gets away with so much it's a joke.

I see the tourette's medication is wearing off - Tim Howard is looking more twitchy every week! I wouldn't be surprised if he bites a referee before the season ends.
Nar its just the double Wembley nerves getting to him.

Didn't you hear the bitters singing "tell me mar me mar to put the champagne on ice were going to Wembley twice"

First time I've seen Arshavin play for them, and I'm jealous. I don't think he'll have any problems being a great player in the PL, and still think he'd have been brilliant for us. Also, that Taylor for Newcastle that got injured, isn't he their best defender and quite a good player? If so and he's been keeping their losses down like Given, they looked properly on their way down unless he returns quickly.

First time I've seen Arshavin play for them, and I'm jealous. I don't think he'll have any problems being a great player in the PL, and still think he'd have been brilliant for us. Also, that Taylor for Newcastle that got injured, isn't he their best defender and quite a good player? If so and he's been keeping their losses down like Given, they looked properly on their way down unless he returns quickly.

He's fucking terrible.

Van Persie, Nasri and Arshavin cost about the same as Babel, Kuyt and Riera. We need to get it right this summer even if it means paying over the odds for the right player. We need players to support Torres and Gerrard.