You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Carradona said:

Are you happy that a prominent DUP figure is cosying up with Farage and other right wing gobshites from the Reform UK party? 

You asked me to answer this and the reason I asked for further context is that I don't really understand the question, not because I won't answer it. If you insist though, I'll try to answer it  as best I can. 

Am I happy that Ian Paisley has been pictured with Nigel Farage? I don't care about it and I don't have an opinion. If you want to say they're a pair of bellends, I'll not disagree.

Without you providing the context behind the question, I'm assuming (and, honestly, correct me if I'm wrong) you're suggesting that I should in some way condemn it or I'm in some way associated with it? How am I? Like I said, what's it got to do with me? You seem to be implying/assuming (again, correct me if I'm wrong) that I vote DUP or have some political affiliation with Nigel Farage? I've never voted DUP in my life and I voted remain in the Brexit vote. 

7 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I remember when Martin mcguiness died telling my Mrs.

"Who's he?"

" you know, sinn fein and the IRA"

" are they a band?"

"Yes & their concerts were explosive."

33 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

You asked me to answer this and the reason I asked for further context is that I don't really understand the question, not because I won't answer it. If you insist though, I'll try to answer it  as best I can. 

Am I happy that Ian Paisley has been pictured with Nigel Farage? I don't care about it and I don't have an opinion. If you want to say they're a pair of bellends, I'll not disagree.

Without you providing the context behind the question, I'm assuming (and, honestly, correct me if I'm wrong) you're suggesting that I should in some way condemn it or I'm in some way associated with it? How am I? Like I said, what's it got to do with me? You seem to be implying/assuming (again, correct me if I'm wrong) that I vote DUP or have some political affiliation with Nigel Farage? I've never voted DUP in my life and I voted remain in the Brexit vote. 

Thanks for answering, at least you are able to do that. I retract my previous post.

1 hour ago, Carradona said:

No surprise to see the snide rep of this. Two posters who can't answer straight questions put to them. 

Do you ever ask me questions? Seems like you just decide for me what I think, without actually bothering to find out.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

So you are an unionist poppy shagger shagger then?

I missed the second 'shagger' the first time round. I'm losing my touch, clearly spending too much time around Protestants/Brits [delete according to what will outrage the usual suspects the most].

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

Don't be a dick.

He doesn't claim in that news article that it was ethnic cleansing.  In the chapter of his thesis on ethnic cleansing, he doesn't claim it was ethnic cleansing. Presumably you've read the whole of his thesis, so you could point me to the bit where he does make that claim.

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Don't be a dick.

He doesn't claim in that news article that it was ethnic cleansing.  In the chapter of his thesis on ethnic cleansing, he doesn't claim it was ethnic cleansing. Presumably you've read the whole of his thesis, so you could point me to the bit where he does make that claim.

Maybe many of them moved into the houses the catholics were kicked out of in Belfast? During the ethnic cleansing of Catholics. That’s why less Protestants remained in rural areas. Just an idea. 

There was plenty of innocent murders on both sides by the dickheads. It was pretty much tit for tat for a long time. 

16 hours ago, Strontium said:

Do you ever ask me questions? Seems like you just decide for me what I think, without actually bothering to find out.

What are your thoughts on the British Army murdering innocent civilians during the Troubles? Should an Army be given free reign to enter a state and shoot on sight?

I'll start with those two. 

Extremely disappointed to see six pages of squabbling over the phrase Poppy Shaggers on a Liverpool forum. 

Not a single mention of the Liverpool classic - Proddy Dogs. This is what Catholic kids like myself would shout at the annual Orange March to Southport. More because the slow-as-fuck cunts held up traffic.

Nowdays we just call them cunts and wish they’d go and march in Northern Ireland.

3 hours ago, Carradona said:

What are your thoughts on the British Army murdering innocent civilians during the Troubles? Should an Army be given free reign to enter a state and shoot on sight?

I'll start with those two. 

But why are you even asking me those questions in the first place? What maniac thinks it's okay for soldiers to deliberately target civilians? How on this green Earth can you possibly think there is some debate to be had over this? There is an implication in the mere asking that is gratuitous and offensive.