You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Khan shown up for the expense-fiddling, shit-spouting lightweight that he is.

Hunt left himself wide open on two issues - bedroom tax and withdrawing benefits from under-25's - and Khan did nothing and said nothing. All we got was Khan dribbling the usual tired rhetoric with a complete absence of any commitment.

Any decent politician would have been all over Hunt because his position was indefensible.

The Libdem woman was a complete joke.

He's just made a defence of the plan to remove benefits for under 25s that makes we wish he was brutally gang raped by gorillas.

A truly odious little cunt of a man.

The sad thing is there was quite a few nodding their heads in agreement at this policy in Salford too.. you can also imagine in a lot of places it would be a vote winner.

I would actually love to see him gang raped by a bunch of silverbacks with Sir David Attenborough doing the commentary in glorious HD.

• Upvote 1

Khan shown up for the expense-fiddling, shit-spouting lightweight that he is.

Hunt left himself wide open on two issues - bedroom tax and withdrawing benefits from under-25's - and Khan did nothing and said nothing. All we got was Khan dribbling the usual tired rhetoric with a complete absence of any commitment.

Any decent politician would have been all over Hunt because his position was indefensible.

The Libdem woman was a complete joke.

Mehdi Hassan and Owen Jones and some of the union leaders like Bob Crow do a far better job of exposing the hypocrisy and brutality of the Tories than any Labour politician I've seen on the show. This government is utterly corrupt, it should be a piece of piss exposing them and their vested interests every week, the Labour MPs should be lining up to stick the boot in. You only have to pick up The Guardian or The Independent to read about the latest contract the corrupt twats have handed out to one of their party donors, not enough is done to expose this to the wider public.
  • Upvote 2

It's an impressive achievement to come across as a smugger, more arrogant cunt than Andrew Lansley, but Hunt is making a decent fist of it.

This government have more cunt ministers than any other I can ever remember.

Blair would have his fair share of cunts but this lot take it even further than Thatcher.

Apart from the obvious two you still have;

Hunt

Gove

IDS

Pickles

Grayling

Hammond

And you've then got the regular 'hateable' tories like Hague, and May.

Plus the libs propping them up.

The real disgrace however is not this government but the absolute farce that is the Labour party that constantly fails to hold them to account.

Mehdi Hassan and Owen Jones and some of the union leaders like Bob Crow do a far better job of exposing the hypocrisy and brutality of the Tories than any Labour politician I've seen on the show. This government is utterly corrupt, it should be a piece of piss exposing them and their vested interests every week, the Labour MPs should be lining up to stick the boot in. You only have to pick up The Guardian or The Independent to read about the latest contract the corrupt twats have handed out to one of their party donors, not enough is done to expose this to the wider public.

I don't disagree but how can someone like Khan who has been done for fiddling expenses on three (?) occasions adopt the moral high ground in any argument? He showed no commitment or conviction in any of the arguments he put forward.

The worrying thing is the number of times Hunt began his response with "I completely agree with Sadiq that.......". There is so little daylight between the parties they must find it hard to find things to argue about.

I think there is some daylight between the parties. I hate the way Labour became, and are, so utterly pro big business and pro the middle classes at the expense of all else, but I do genuinely believe their rank and file want the best for the country in the long term, I think the Tory top brass are just utterly devoted to wealth and power, their own and their friends. The fact they don't get a harder time than they do says all you need to know about the media. Brown never dragged the position of Prime Minister through the mud as much as Cameron has with his constant classless remarks in the Commons, he also never made as many international gaffs (Pakistan a hotbed of terrorism - while speaking in India - and Iran having nuclear weapons, they were just in his first six months).

Gove's utter destruction of the school system is unprecedented, education secretaries are never popular but this guy is universally hated in the education system and is also quite clearly retarded. Free schools will be an utter disaster and are already leading to racial segregation. The NHS is obviously being primed for a sell off, we've been shafted over the Royal Mail selloff. They're dismantling the state, nothing less, it's what they've always longed for, and they'll do it in a way most likely to line their own pockets.

• Upvote 1

I hate the way Labour became, and are, so utterly pro big business and pro the middle classes at the expense of all else, but I do genuinely believe their rank and file want the best for the country in the long term.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I wouldn't argue that Labour are generally in favour of the wrong things for the right reasons.

Seriously who else is there to vote for. I don't want to risk conservatives getting another term. By voting for parties with little media support your essentially letting conservatives win. For me that would be the worst thing in the world. I genuinely believe some of the Tories would of fitted right in with the nazis and even enjoyed sending people to their deaths, namely Iain dunkin shit.

Labour are in on it. They want the shrunken state the money filtered to the top but somewhere in there is the social conscience just somewhere hidden.

We need a genuine party that puts people humanity first. We can't live in a society were work is the only virtue. I don't want sick people to work I don't care if it costs me money I want them to be able to have some kind of quality of life. Why should society be geared to constantly making money for a small few to the detriment of everybody else. I don't want communism I want people to reap the rewards of success but a lot of that success should go back into the society that helped you make it.

Invest in your society fuck the mantra there is no society only the individual it's bullshit, build your society make people proud of it and individuals will look after each other. We are social beings it's why we evolved to the point we have, nothing great has been achieved by an individual alone there's always influence, help or inspiration.

Why the fuck should a working person struggle to afford a home. Funny how those fucking toffs and hereditary land owners say strive like hardwork is always rewarded with great success guess what it fucking isn't the vast majority work hard and have fuck all to show for it yet lazy fucking career politicians have done jack shit and rake in the money. Conservatives should not be allowed to even fucking mention hardwork as their slogan it should be torn from every fucking banner every fucking picture.. For even the chance those words could be associated with that party is criminal.

Look at labour if it had half the sense it's slogan would be people first. It won't though it agrees with most of the tories it delights they are the ones with the task and offer little argument if anything they have more to be ashamed of.

People are turning to ukip which is utter madness they believe in less regulations for banks and less taxes on the rich their disastrous ideas are often hidden amongst popularism what sounds great that plays on people's prejudices and fears.

There's nobody I want to vote for only somebody I want the least. One things for certain the Tories should not get another years free reign to destroy millions of lives just because they can. They look down on everybody and would squash us underfoot if we weren't needed. Orwell said you want a vision of the future picture a boot stamping on a human face forever. The boot fits the Tories better than anybody else, the people are the hands that can rip it off but were too busy scratching our arses watching X factor. Me too it's all a bit shit.

• Upvote 6

Interesting petition doing the rounds...

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-give-scientists-proper-representation-on-question-time

RfofCiliTVbVdaR-556x313-noPad.jpg

Since the last general election, scientists have been less well-represented on BBC Question time than reality TV show contestants. Nigel Farage of UKIP - a party without an MP - has appeared on the show four times more often than all scientists put together. Important debates on climate change have been conducted with denialists such as Melanie Phillips, Nigel Lawson and James Delingpole, without a single climate scientist given an opportunity to contribute. Debates on drug policy have been held between comedians and columnists, without a single medical expert present. 

It's time to end this bias. Please, Question Time producers, demonstrate that you're interested in serious debate and put people with real scientific expertise on your show. 

I think the amount of comedians is also interesting. Some of them have been pretty good, but I think the intention to put them on is always, "Yeah, they spoke some sense, but ultimately they're a comedian". They get given their week in the political spotlight before their credibility is further hammered towards that of a piss soaked tramp.

Basically if anyone is saying anything that vaguely strays from the status quo they'd much prefer it to be from a comedian than, for e.g, a scientist.