You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

57 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Unless it is performed for medical reasons it definitely mutilation.

Definitely? Or in your opinion. Because the dictionary disagrees. Removal of a tiny piece of skin that leaves nothing damaged, disfigured, or in any way changes it’s operation, is not mutilation. 

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Definitely? Or in your opinion. Because the dictionary disagrees. Removal of a tiny piece of skin that leaves nothing damaged, disfigured, or in any way changes it’s operation, is not mutilation. 

Actually it does frequently result in permanent disability or even death. I would ban it tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Actually it does frequently result in permanent disability or even death.

Frequently? I’d be interested in the death frequency from circumcision per million, and why (infection, malpractice, etc). 

Do you consider it mutilation? I’m not saying it’s necessary or even wise, but it isn’t mutilation. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Frequently? 

Statistics are hard to find. The complication rate in Canada, for instance, is 1.5%. Babies die or have their penis amputated every year. For a non-necessary procedure that is mainly done to discourage masturbation. I would say even one death or permanent disability is too frequent.

42 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Statistics are hard to find. The complication rate in Canada, for instance, is 1.5%. Babies die or have their penis amputated every year. For a non-necessary procedure that is mainly done to discourage masturbation. I would say even one death or permanent disability is too frequent.

And that’s a perfectly valid opinion. Now, had we been discussing the frequency of operations going wrong, it would be completely relevant, but it isn’t. It’s about whether the act of circumcision is mutilation. 

I dont think the stats are that that hard to come by. There are sites dedicated to it. The only ones I’m interested in at the moment is whether it not it is mutilation. 

13 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the religious reason for circumcision anyway. There was a story a few weeks ago about some dirty fucker not washing his dick his entire life. I reckon it stems from a time of people not washing and stinking the goddamn place out. 

Hygiene init?

Loads of Americans are circumcised, even though they aren’t Jewish due to some not entirely scientific hygiene drive.

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Technically I suppose I would. But I don't think it's helpful to get bogged down in definitions.

Thanks for getting back to me, I find that interesting. I personally disagree that it meets the ‘to injure severely or disfigure’ requirement for it to be classed as mutilation. 

It leads to the logical conclusion that that most Americans and almost all jews mutilate their children. Which is, to me, a daft assertion for circumcision. Female ‘circumcision’, yes. Foreskin... c’mon.

Obviously I accept the overall point that it’s not necessary. But I was objecting to Hades’ characterisation of Jews as baby mutilators. 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, magicrat said:

A swift painless and very timely one would be just fine by me.

I'd rather have her lose a libellous court case, have her BUPA membership lapse and have to do it slowly on the NHS as she starts to love and appreciation the foreign workers caring for her. Who all hate the poisonous bitch in the staff room. 

Read that there were 3 Tory councillors and 2 Tory activists all asking questions last week. Can't understand why anybody would still watch this biased piece of shit, particularly when it is now fronted by the type of woman who spends her week putting Mail & Express front pages on Facebook.