You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Striker situation

El Rojo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Villa would be willing to track back. He's a hard working forward, but if you have to spend £30m to get him then you want to have him as close to the goal as possible.

We need more creativity in the team. Riera has def helped on the left...keeps defenders guessings. A bit more of that on the right and we would be in business.

With a bit of luck the money recouped from Keane will be gathering large amounts of interest over the coming months, will then be added to and given to Rafa to do as he sees fit!

This way - he can have no-more excuses about transfers and I have a feeling we will bring in some quality signings.

If we look at the squad:

1. Keepers - sorted.

2. Right back - Arbeloa, Darby - could be improved, but I suspect most people are happy with what we have.

3. Centra backs - sorted.

4. Left backs - possible room for improvement, but Aurelio and Insua (assuming Dossena leaves) are both decent.

5. Right Mid/Attacking Right Sided player - room for improvement.

6. Defensive Mids - sorted

7. Left Mid/Attacking Left - room for improvement

8. Centre mid/Attacking mid - we have Gerrard, another option/cover might be useful - someone better and faster than Keane!

9. Striker - well we can't rely on Torres, seeing how we cope till the end of the season will be interesting.

So what we need is a striker/attacking midfield player x 2. With a view to a new full back.

I personally don't think the squad needs strenghtening assuming we keep the players we have, we need first choice players.

I guess the question is will we have £30 million to buy those two players?

1. Keepers - sorted.

2. Right back - Arbeloa, Darby - could be improved, but I suspect most people are happy with what we have.

4. Left backs - possible room for improvement, but Aurelio and Insua (assuming Dossena leaves) are both decent.

5. Right Mid/Attacking Right Sided player - room for improvement.

6. Defensive Mids - sorted

8. Centre mid/Attacking mid - we have Gerrard, another option/cover might be useful - someone better and faster than Keane!

9. Striker - well we can't rely on Torres, seeing how we cope till the end of the season will be interesting.

So what we need is a striker/attacking midfield player x 2. With a view to a new full back.

I personally don't think the squad needs strenghtening assuming we keep the players we have, we need first choice players.

Agreed Red-Ed. Badly badly need someone on the right. Need some players who can change a game. If only Garcia had been a hardworking consistent player...

With a bit of luck the money recouped from Keane will be gathering large amounts of interest over the coming months, will then be added to and given to Rafa to do as he sees fit!

This way - he can have no-more excuses about transfers and I have a feeling we will bring in some quality signings.

If we look at the squad:

1. Keepers - sorted.

5. Right Mid/Attacking Right Sided player - room for improvement.6. Defensive Mids - sorted

Room for improvement? The only right sided midfielder we had was Pennant. Kuyt has never and WILL never be a right midfielder no matter how ofter Rafa plays him there. The right sided midfield is letting the team down mate - its not an area for improvement.

Good evaluation tho laa

What fantastic world beating right sided midfielders have we had in the past when dominating the league - the headless chicken that was Craig Johnstone, the long range passing of Ray Houghton, the dominating aerial presence of Sammy Lee, Terry Macs dribbling skills, the international experience of Jimmy Case..............

Kuyt is exactly what is needed on the right - he gets up and down just like everyone of the above, he covers the right back going forward, he covers the centre when the left sided player bombs on, he gets into the box , he is a team player not a world beater - the fact he's not rated by many just shows how much the Sky generation is fucked up not every player has to be Pele - they need to contribute to making the team better than its parts - Kuyt makes good players better and poor players able to cope.

Pennant was a one trick poney, who could run down the right and cross - he wasted ball after ball , couldn't or wouldn't defend - he was an option in games we dominated but nothing else -

Spearing should be being groomed for right midfield and Gerrard is the best right midfield in the league.