You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say you respect someones opinion then say your talking out of your arse. That has to be one of the most patronising statements I have seen on this forum for oh, about ten minutes now. Made me laugh though I'll give you that.

Bit like someone having a go at people for personal insults and then starting a thread calling everyone, 'pussies' eh?

Bit like someone having a go at people for personal insults and then starting a thread calling everyone, 'pussies' eh?

Dont even think about it Brownie I did not feel patronised, thats probably a feeling I have never had, I can take it and I really dont bother how people address me.

But when someone like this "The Dude Abides" guy who have contacted me through PM on a lot of occasions on another site to get my backing tries to be funny on my expense then that goes against my principles so much that I just wont sit back and take it on the chin.

The hypocrisy get a bit too appaling for my liking.

As I see it there's been some games where Keane has been in the Gerrard role, at least for parts of the game. Boro at home springs to mind, although he also spent part of that game looking as though he was up top in a 442. It's interchangeable, and changes during games sometimes so it's difficult to pin it down in the way Brownie and Code are trying to, as essentially I think they are both right.

The other night against Everton Keane was in a 442, but there was a spell in the second half when Keane dropped off for a spell and I wondered if we'd changed it again. I don't think we did though in this case, I think Keane just tried dropping deeper to see if he could get involved.

Dont even think about it Brownie I did not feel patronised, thats probably a feeling I have never had, I can take it and I really dont bother how people address me.

But when someone like this "The Dude Abides" guy who have contacted me through PM on a lot of occasions on another site tries to be funny on my expense then that goes against my principles sso much that I just wont sit back and take it on the chin.

There you go again. Other sites? What in gods name are you referring to? You self-righteous git.

But when someone like this "The Dude Abides" guy who have contacted me through PM on a lot of occasions on another site to get my backing tries to be funny on my expense then that goes against my principles so much that I just wont sit back and take it on the chin.

I didn't think you'd take it personally because you're someone who can have a debate and get on with it unlike some other, erm, 'pussies'.

I take your point about the formation as well but for me it's a simple case of 442 for those games I mentioned. It's always been known as 442 even if one of the strikers drops off the main one. Gerrard is a midfielder, so when you have two forwards on the pitch it's 442.

There you go again. Other sites? What in gods name are you referring to? You self-righteous git.

Are you telling me there are two different Liverpool fans out there who frequent different Liverpool forums who would choose that name?

Sorry mate, I just dont buy it.

I have nothing against you as you should know, just stop acting petty, it does not suit you.

I didn't think you'd take it personally because you're someone who can have a debate and get on with it unlike some other, erm, 'pussies'.

I take your point about the formation as well but for me it's a simple case of 442 for those games I mentioned. It's always been known as 442 even if one of the strikers drops off the main one. Gerrard is a midfielder, so when you have two forwards on the pitch it's 442.

Fair enough, like I said earlier and like Dave said above I think its just different variations of the same set up, thats why I said Questionable and not No when I looked through the different games you listed as well.

Fair enough, like I said earlier and like Dave said above I think its just different variations of the same set up, thats why I said Questionable and not No when I looked through the different games you listed as well.

It's an interesting thing to talk about though because people seem so convinced and entrenched with this view that 442 doesn't work and 4231 is a magical solution.

If you look through the results from this season and the relative performances in each game, you couldn't say that either formation is statistically better than the other. That's why I think our issues stem from problems with general approach/tactics and mentality as opposed to specific formations.

I'm fucking wankered ofd Leffe so i don't give a shit.

All Inknowis that ribery is the dogsbollsocls and we'd be the bst tewm ever with him . give us the title noe w

That's some tasty shit.

Had some Marston's Pedigree before after work, not usually into bitter like but it was ace.

Are you telling me there are two different Liverpool fans out there who frequent different Liverpool forums who would choose that name?

Sorry mate, I just dont buy it.

I have nothing against you as you should know, just stop acting petty, it does not suit you.

You've never seen The Big Lebowski then?

Not got the foggiest what your on about tbh, i do post on other Liverpool forums, but with a different username. I know you do too, but you've been banned from most places.

Had Leffe Brune not long ago from ASDA, that was ace too. 6.5% that bitch was.

Loving the international lager vibe. Might have to indulge in some of said tomfoolery this weekend! It would be sweet to beat the blues on Sunday and then devour several bottles of Tusker in celebration.

Pennant said: 'I am looking forward to Tony Adams speaking English. I don't know if it is the English mentality he dislikes but there are not a lot of English players at Liverpool.

Jermaine Pennant

'I have mentioned that before when I was at Arsenal so I guess I have not had much luck with foreign managers.

Perhaps they both just thought you were a bit toss Jermaine? Perhaps they were right?

You've never seen The Big Lebowski then?

Not got the foggiest what your on about tbh, i do post on other Liverpool forums, but with a different username. I know you do too, but you've been banned from most places.

And he has found his home here.

Edited by Woo

With Torres back 4-2-3-1 is an appealing option.

Maybe play Babel at home against the teams who come to defend and Kuyt against the more ambitious teams. Riera on the other side. Keane as first sub to change the game if we need a different approach.