You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Special or what. What a performance today the first goal was splendid great interchange with Alves

He is the next superstar footballer after the Zidane's,Diego's,Dalglish's of this world.

Hopefully he has a injury free career its scary to think how he will be at his peak. I have a feeling he will be finished physically by 26 anyways but here is to hoping he goes far beyond that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special or what. What a performance today the first goal was splendid great interchange with Alves

He is the next superstar footballer after the Zidane's,Diego's,Dalglish's of this world.

Hopefully he has a injury free career its scary to think how he will be at his peak. I have a feeling he will be finished physically by 26 anyways but here is to hoping he goes far beyond that.

Ha ha your funny.

What do you mean "The Next Superstar Footballer"? He's already the best player in the world.

He's the first "new Maradona" who might actually be anywhere near as good as the real thing.

Riquelme was a great player.

hes been playing like this for 2-3years now, the same week in week out, check out his goal v getafe from last season,even better than maradonas goal v england.

Don't be ridiculous. A goal against some bottom half side in a domestic cup doesn't rank anywhere near to the pressure of a World Cup semi final with a team you've dragged with your hands *cough* through to this stage, only to go on to score probably the greatest individual goal we've yet to see.

Messi is nowhere near Maradona at the moment. Messi is great, but Maradona was on a completely different level from anyone else I've ever seen. He destroyed teams and was a strong little fucker as well, unlike Messi.

I don't know. Other teams try to counter Messi by kicking the fuck out of him, but he just gets on with it. I don't really see how he can get better besides bulking up.

Maradona will always be the best in many people's books simply by the fact that he shone in relatively mediocre Napoli and Argentina teams. Messi will probably end up being marked down because he's not played in any teams mediocre enough to need him to carry them.

Messi has Maradona-esque ability and a more professional attitude as well. He's at one of the biggest and best clubs in the world, so there's no reason why he can't press on and become as good as Diego. He's not miles short of the ability level.