You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's football

Newport

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not disputing that. I’m fucking shite. 

Semi-pro football in this country isn’t though, and that’s leagues above. 

It’s basic science, Pete. You can’t argue with science. 

Get them on the horse paste.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Worst possible thing they could bring into the PL. It's bad enough us getting fucked by Taylor and Tierney, but if I had to listen to them talking to us with their manc accents while they fucked us then that's too much. I'd probably run onto the pitch.

Well certainly a brisk walk. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I ain’t no dinosaur but can we get real for a minute. It’s almost a different sport. 

There’s no shame in biology. They’re growing the game, which is sound, but all the comparisons to men’s footy should stop really. 

100% this. The media need to stop marketing it as the same standard (they won't, especially the BBC whoppers) and the same game as the men's. Same reason I get pissed off when people slag it off whilst comparing it next to premier league football. The two sports are a million miles apart. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I ain’t no dinosaur but can we get real for a minute. It’s almost a different sport. 

There’s no shame in biology. They’re growing the game, which is sound, but all the comparisons to men’s footy should stop really. 

100% this. The media need to stop marketing it as the same standard (they won't, especially the BBC whoppers) and the same game as the men's. Same reason I get pissed off when people slag it off whilst comparing it next to premier league football. The two sports are a million miles apart. 

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm just pleased England Women's recent success has shown the world what a shameless fraud Phil Neville is for pretending to be a manager.

Ooh look at me mummy, I can wear a waistcoat just like Gareth. I'm a manager now!

Was quite pleasing to me, personally, to see him get shitcanned in Miami about 2 weeks before Messi rocked up. 

• Upvote 1

Can't say I'm on board with the mandatory enjoyment of it all. Some of the outrage before the game about there being other football on on the same day was ridiculous.

"Erm, it's a weekend in late August, mate and the men aren't playing interna..."

"YOU WILL WATCH AND ENJOY AND RESPECT THE WOMEN'S GAME."

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Maybe I’m a bad sexist but what if they reduce the size of the pitch and the goal will make it a better spectacle surely and can make up physical difference with the mens game 

100%, said it years ago and it should have happened then.  But the horse has bolted now, no going back. Despite increased popularity and participation I think there's a ceiling to the standard because of the dimensions being designed for men.

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

What they need to do now is lose the manic hype, get focused and push on. They've raised awareness, but unless they cut out the ridiculous amount of exaggerated praise the game will decline rather than progress. I've seen games where a player will beat one player, move forward and then pass straight to an opponent, and the loss of possession will be ignored in favour of loudly saying what 'a great piece of play' preceded it (the same goes for shots sailing over the goal and what are still, alas, some truly awful flatfooted goalkeeping displays below international level).

They've got loads of ex-teammates, most of whom only recently stopped playing, as pundits, lauding their chums, and they've got some hyper-ambitious female commentators and presenters eager to be ultra-positive. It's really not helping.

They need now to set some standards to aspire to, get real in their coverage and get real on the coaching and tactical side as well - fitter players, technically and tactically better, too.

Oh yes, and they can also stop using the men's game to advertise the women's game. If the women's game can do without male pundits, the men's game shouldn't need the female ones. Respect is earned, not forced. Keep the games separate, let them push to improve or maintain their own levels, and stop meddling with a development that ought to be organic.

Top. top post that especially the bolded bit..

Does anybody else hate that England goalkeeper?

Strutting round like she's the over-confident daughter of John Wayne and Megan Thee Stallion.

She saved a penalty and it should have been retaken as she was well off her line.  She's very difficult to like.

It's a tick for feminism as I hate both of the pumped up psychos who occupy the goalposts of both the England men's and women's teams.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Isn't it more to do with with the cost and practicality of changing all pitch sizes and goal sizes for different sexes across the whole sport from junior level to professional, in schools in parks. Just need more lanky biyatches to take up goalkeeping in the sport.

In kids football there are different pitch dimensions for under 8s and under,under 10s down to under 8s and under 11s. These age groups make up a fair amount of the kids who play. The pitches can be marked with cones if necessary too. Any problems come down to not having the green spaces or the staff to look after them. This is the same for both sexes therefore it's a 'we don't give a shit' problem over all else.

1 hour ago, razor said:

Does anybody else hate that England goalkeeper?

Strutting round like she's the over-confident daughter of John Wayne and Megan Thee Stallion.

She saved a penalty and it should have been retaken as she was well off her line.  She's very difficult to like.

It's a tick for feminism as I hate both of the pumped up psychos who occupy the goalposts of both the England men's and women's teams.

Doesn't she play for the red mancs?

14 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm just pleased England Women's recent success has shown the world what a shameless fraud Phil Neville is for pretending to be a manager.

Ooh look at me mummy, I can wear a waistcoat just like Gareth. I'm a manager now!

Everton legend him.  When Dyche gets the push, they should consider it.

• Upvote 1