You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The parents of missing Madeleine

Elmyn Noos

OK, back to the McCanns.

So, you are the mother of 3 kids all aged under 4 who you leave every night while you go on the piss with your mates at a bar down the road. One night you pop home to check them and the eldest child is not there. You immediately conclude that a stranger has gone into the apartment (you have left the door unlocked for some strange reason) and taken said child. The other 2 babies (twins under the age of two) are still in their cots fast asleep.

Having lost one kid, do you :

(a) Scream the fucking place down until someone appears on the scene or

b Go to the patio where the bar can be seen and scream the fucking place down until someone appears on the scene or

c Pick the twins up and dash to the nearest safe place while screaming the fucking place down or

(d) Leave the babes where you found them in the room where the other child was abducted and the captor could still be around while you nip down the road to the bar where all your mates are and shout "they've taken her, we let her down"

Answers to Crimewatch and Scotland Yard

• Upvote 5

OK, back to the McCanns.So, you are the mother of 3 kids all aged under 4 who you leave every night while you go on the piss with your mates at a bar down the road. One night you pop home to check them and the eldest child is not there. You immediately conclude that a stranger has gone into the apartment (you have left the door unlocked for some strange reason) and taken said child. The other 2 babies (twins under the age of two) are still in their cots fast asleep.Having lost one kid, do you :(a) Scream the fucking place down until someone appears on the scene orb Go to the patio where the bar can be seen and scream the fucking place down until someone appears on the scene orc Pick the twins up and dash to the nearest safe place while screaming the fucking place down or(d) Leave the babes where you found them in the room where the other child was abducted and the captor could still be around while you nip down the road to the bar where all your mates are and shout "they've taken her, we let her down"Answers to Crimewatch and Scotland Yard

I know what you're saying but why would you 'immediately conclude' that a stranger has gone into the room and taken your child? Surely, your first thought would be that she'd woken up and gone looking for her parents...through the unlocked door and so you'd go out and start looking and then go back to the other adults to look for help in finding her

Even after the video earlier in the thread I'm still not convinced about them having involvement in her actual disappearance, I am however convinced they were all fucking ballooned off the ale and that's probably why they talked so much shite in statements, this coupled with the fact they've thought they'd be lambasted for being the shitehawk unfit parents they are.

If they didn't have two other kids I'd say they should be jailed alongside the abductor.

Even after the video earlier in the thread I'm still not convinced about them having involvement in her actual disappearance, I am however convinced they were all fucking ballooned off the ale and that's probably why they talked so much shite in statements, this coupled with the fact they've thought they'd be lambasted for being the shitehawk unfit parents they are.

If they didn't have two other kids I'd say they should be jailed alongside the abductor.

I dont know if there was a child protection investigation re their actions that night and apparently in the preceding nights but there certainly should have been as those same actions were equally relevant in their care of their younger children. Different standards, eh?

Did you want me to pray for you as well? The hurt is pouring out of you. Please confront your demons.

Ha ha! This new site is ace. I can neg you again without having to spread the mustard. Sweet.

I embraced my demons a long time ago. We're very happy together. Pray away to whichever god you believe in. Your god can't touch me. I'm too powerful.

From the beeb:

Madeleine McCann case: Portuguese police reopen inquiry

Portuguese police have reopened their inquiry into the disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann, the public prosecutor's office has said.

Madeleine, from Leicestershire, was three when she disappeared from Praia da Luz in the Algarve in May 2007.

A statement from the office of Portugal's attorney-general said "new elements of evidence" justified the "continuation of the investigation".

The Portuguese authorities shelved their investigation in 2008.

Scotland Yard began a review of the case in May 2011 - codenamed Operation Grange - and opened a formal investigation in July this year.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said the Portuguese decision followed the "discovery of new lines of inquiry as a result of an internal review of the original investigation by the Portuguese Policia Judiciaria".

The Met said the Portuguese investigation would run in parallel with its own operation.

Scotland Yard said Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley and Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood attended a meeting with senior Portuguese officers on 17 October in Lisbon for a briefing on the new lines of enquiry which they say "are separate" to the lines of inquiry being followed by the Met.

At the end of the meeting the group were joined by Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, who were also briefed on the plans to apply to reopen the investigation.

Madeleine went missing from her family's holiday apartment on 3 May 2007, as her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends at a nearby tapas bar.

The three-year-old and her brother and sister were left in the apartment at 20:30, with their father checking on them at 21:05.

Mrs McCann raised the alarm at 22:00 when she realised Madeleine was gone.

Since then there has been much speculation about what happened to the youngster.

A Met Police appeal launched on BBC Crimewatch last week prompted 2,400 responses.

Met detectives also released two e-fits of a man seen carrying a child in Praia da Luz at 22:00 on the night Madeleine went missing and it was revealed that they now suspected Madeleine could have been taken later than previously thought - just before her mother returned to the apartment to check on her.

I didn't see that coming! Interesting.

good points deejay, erm, avatar? what the fuck?

It's Meredith Kercher, the British girl murdered in France, who is largely forgotten because of the circus surrounding one of her alleged killers, Amanda "Foxy" Knox.

Beautiful girl, highly intelligent and extremely popular with her other flatmates but all you ever hear about is Knox and her innocence, helped by her rich parents, the US media and a legion of expensive lawyers.

• Upvote 2

It's Meredith Kercher, the British girl murdered in France, who is largely forgotten because of the circus surrounding one of her alleged killers, Amanda "Foxy" Knox.Beautiful girl, highly intelligent and extremely popular with her other flatmates but all you ever hear about is Knox and her innocence, helped by her rich parents, the US media and a legion of expensive lawyers.

She was a beauty. Must be in the genes as her sister's lovely looking as well.

Changed the rest of that post, came across really badly.

• Upvote 1