You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Athens 23rd of May 2007 - The Cheapest Way to Get there!

dabomba

Already said this in another post, but maybe it is best here.

The cheapest way is to fly to Heraklion (Crete) and to get the ferry across to Athens. Two ferries leave each evening, and arrive Athens early the following morning. The metro from the port in Athens (Piraeus) goes staright to the Stadium (can't remember the station name).

I've seen flight to Heraklion at around £130 return around the dates of the final, and the ferry is about 40 euros return (Heraklion-Athens-Heraklion).

Ask Hicks and Gillett if they would help charter some planes for the fans. Of course you would have to pay for itm but they'll at least provide planes.

If that doesn't give them (more) goodwill I don't know

That would be the most mega thing ever.

My travel agent couldn't find a flight to Heraklion that didn't go via Athens, which kind of fucked that plan up. So I ended up spending £700 on a flight and hotel (but not the first night from Wed to Thu).

I had to think about it and call her back. But I decided to get through the night without an hotel, if that's what it takes. Trip bought and I'm on my way, fucking made up I am.

So everyone else does the work and then posts it on for you too book up? Yeah, jog on soft lad.

That's the spirit. :thumbdown

Some people just haven't got a clue and come to these forums for help from people who do it like it's second nature.

Well me mates thinking of driving there, already been on route planner, 45 hour journey. It'll be stiff legs, fucked up back, no sleep, hangovers galore and any other shit that happens, but who gives a fuck as long as we win it and i'm there!!!

I know some lads who are flying to Sofia then getting a train to Athens. I've also heard people flying to Venice and getting a ferry to Greece and then getting a 4 hour train to Athens.

Looking at Venice myself, hopefully the ferry and train would be easy enough to negotiate.

Well me mates thinking of driving there, already been on route planner, 45 hour journey. It'll be stiff legs, fucked up back, no sleep, hangovers galore and any other shit that happens, but who gives a fuck as long as we win it and i'm there!!!

It doesnt look too bad. I plotted the route to the Italian Port the ferries go from and its 1200 miles. I did Liverpool to Slovenia two years ago which is also 1200 miles and I did it comfortably in two days doing all the driving myself. If you can share the driving and keep going through the night youll piss it.:yes: