You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

Who is this Biscao dick puller? Everytime I read his shite I instantly think 'Codes twin Brother who got even less of the family charm and brains'.

Stop embarassing yourself. This is how the civil war started, some cunts couldn't get their heads around their beliefs being wrong and started a mud slinging contest because they refused to listen to common sense. The proponents of slavery and Rafa have a lot in common.

Unlike Rafa Houllier left us in a better shape than we were when he arrived.

Unlike Houllier Rafa had to maintain a squad with a packet of crisps and penny for the guy donations for two years. You want people to listen to 'common sense' but then start peddling fabrications and misstatements devoid of context or truth.

That is why this turns into a mud slinging match - because for so long people (especially on here) talk absolute bollocks (and i'm sorry, but it is that) about Rafa instead of being fair.

Anyway, who gives a shit. Lets get behind our current man.

Anti-Rafa... Pro-Rafa... All fucking cunts.

Unlike Houllier Rafa had to maintain a squad with a packet of crisps and penny for the guy donations for two years. You want people to listen to 'common sense' but then start peddling fabrications and misstatements devoid of context or truth.

That is why this turns into a mud slinging match - because for so long people (especially on here) talk absolute bollocks (and i'm sorry, but it is that) about Rafa instead of being fair.

Anyway, who gives a shit. Lets get behind our current man.

Sums all this shit up perfectly.

As ever, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Rafa has been managing at a level above Liverpool ever since he left, a fact that seems lost on some retards in here.

I have a feeling Abramovich would really like to give him a longer term deal, players are blossoming under him and considering the flak flying his way, has done well.

The fans who are "Anti Rafa" and i think we all know who they are on here dish it out because Benitez threads like this are at the top of the page. Thats only because we ALL want the club to strive to be the very best it can be, attract the best managers aggressively pursue the best players.

Rafa made us the No1 ranked team in Europe, now we are not even the No1 ranked team on Merseyside.

Big season next year for Rodgers, sink or swim time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The slide has not been because Benitez left, as you imply here.

Since he has left, though, we've spent the best part of £190m on transfers, without players like Cole's wages as a factor. I'd sooner have put the £200m in Rafa's hands and see where we went with it. He made very few big money (15m+) signings. It's not directly because Rafa left, but it does have a lot to do with us not adequately replacing him.

That may be so but matters haven't improved either, which is what was widely predicted by those who wanted rid. Those who argued he should have been retained predicted we would be in for a prolonged period of mediocrity and that's exactly what is happening now.

It was an awful decision to let Rafa go, the worst by-product of which is that the manager's position at LFC is no longer special or sacred. Patience has evaporated. The good managers out there will know that they won't have long if they don't make an instant impression. Rodgers is only getting additional leeway from the fans because he's young, inexperienced and his teams play attractive football.

If a manager with a proven track record had produced the season we've just had he would be under massive pressure. As it is Rodgers will be afforded more patience but it will not last forever.

So now we're trapped in a circle of mediocrity until either Rodgers lifts us out of it or someone else does, and it could take a very long time.

To be honest your right, its not just because Rafa left and im certainly not pinning it on Rodgers.

But ever since FSG have come in bad decisions have been made one after another.

Its only my opinion, but if you want the best- you employ the best. Look at the manager selection process since Rafa was appointed. Have we actively gone after the top managers in the game. The emphatic answer to that is no.

And then people argue that no one wants the job, and Van Gaal comes out and says it was one of the only Managers job he could see himself applying for.

Managing expectations is all ive heard from the day Roy Hodgson was appointed, thats not LFC.

I am losing faith with Rodgers as you well know, mostly for the lowering of the bar, " The journey of the group", the " Uefa cup qualifying nonsense" of which it looks like someone has had a word.

I want a manager who in his first season, when our captain said we cant win the champions league, told him to keep believing and "maybe we will have a surprise for the supporters", i dont want my expectations managed they are fucking low enough as it is.

Its time we started raising our expectations before we say goodbye to our 2 only world class players.

Rafa has been managing at a level above Liverpool ever since he left, a fact that seems lost on some retards in here.

I have a feeling Abramovich would really like to give him a longer term deal, players are blossoming under him and considering the flak flying his way, has done well.

The fans who are "Anti Rafa" and i think we all know who they are on here dish it out because Benitez threads like this are at the top of the page. Thats only because we ALL want the club to strive to be the very best it can be, attract the best managers aggressively pursue the best players.

Rafa made us the No1 ranked team in Europe, now we are not even the No1 ranked team on Merseyside.

Big season next year for Rodgers, sink or swim time.

This. I think Abramovich was banking Rafa eventually winning the Chelsea fans over. Not to be though. He should have given him an 18 month deal. The role 'interim coach' was a bad idea in hindsight.

That may be so but matters haven't improved either, which is what was widely predicted by those who wanted rid. Those who argued he should have been retained predicted we would be in for a prolonged period of mediocrity and that's exactly what is happening now.

Sure. But off-field matters have seen to that. As they did in the poor league performance under Rafa latterly.

So now we're trapped in a circle of mediocrity until either Rodgers lifts us out of it or someone else does, and it could take a very long time.

I see it as the football club lifting us out of mediocrity. Everyone. The owners, players, manager, the lot. They are all culpable - to a greater or lesser extent - as there is only so much a manager can do. But it will take a long time in my view. No matter who's at the helm.

Sure. But off-field matters have seen to that. As they did in the poor league performance under Rafa latterly.

Was it poor or was it normal under the circumstances? If it was poor what does that make this season? The state of the club off-field is exactly why we should have kept hold of our best asset.

Was it poor or was it normal under the circumstances? If it was poor what does that make this season? The state of the club off-field is exactly why we should have kept hold of our best asset.

Whether Benitez was our best asset or not is very much up for debate! And a debate done to death!

But, yeah, his last season was poor. This season is poor. There are mitigating circumstances for both.