You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

Have no leaders or politicians since they just power hoarders, power needs to be in the peoples hands. As long as you look to a leader you are just displaying the backwards type thinking enjoyed by most religions and acting like a baby crying for mummy or daddy to come feed cloth and shelter and save the world like jesus and them.

We just need to decide WHAT we want and stop tryna find a WHO.

Smashing.

Until large groups of people want different things, which are mutually exclusive.  Do you sort that shit out the Harry Hill way?  Or do you decide that WHAT we want is, in fact, some sort of system of government - but, preferably, one in which people get a proper say.

• 7 months later...

A lot of people tried to downplay the significance of the Black Spider Memos https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_spider_memos by pretending that Charles Windsor was just an ordinary concerned citizen, writing to his MP or to members of the Government, as is a right we all share.

Which would be fine if we also all got copies of confidential cabinet papers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35108362

The sooner we get rid of the whole anti-democratic absurdity the better.

https://republic.org.uk/get-involved/join-republic

• 4 months later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/9583920/1m-from-those-who-die-without-wills-passes-to-Prince-Charless-estate.html

More than £1 million has passed to the Prince of Wales’s Duchy of Cornwall estate in the last six years from people who died without making a will or having an heir, latest accounts show.

Under powers dating back to medieval times, the Duchy is entitled to all unclaimed property and estates left when someone dies in Cornwall, in an arrangement known as bona vacantia.

In the last financial year alone, £552,000 passed to the Duchy under the ancient law, which was put in place when the Duchy was created by Edward III in 1337 for his son and heir, Edward, the Black Prince.

The Prince of Wales does not, however, keep any of the money; instead it is distributed in charitable donations through the Duke of Cornwall’s Benevolent Fund, with a small amount kept in reserve for any future claims on unclaimed estates.

In most of Britain, the estates of people who die without making a will, and who have no obvious heirs, go to the Government.

But because Cornwall is owned by the Prince of Wales, unclaimed estates go to the Duchy, which has been the personal possession of the eldest son of the sovereign since the Charter of Edward III.

• 1 month later...

More money being spunked on a massive pretend-birthday party for the parasitic old cunt.

At least the nice weather has stopped, so the flag-waving herd will get wet

The ironic thing is that I've never seen a human being look more bored with life, the only time she smiles is when she's feeding a sugar cube to a horse. That's the kind of thing Ronnie Kray would have enjoyed in his final days, or Michael Jackson. 

The ironic thing is that I've never seen a human being look more bored with life, the only time she smiles is when she's feeding a sugar cube to a horse. That's the kind of thing Ronnie Kray would have enjoyed in his final days, or Michael Jackson.

Maybe her lifeless ennui is a symptom of privilege. You know the way there's no pint like a well earned pint - when you've done a proper day's graft, that first one goes down like a dream. Now imagine a life without that feeling.

No wonder the sour faced bag always looks so miserable.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Kate Middleton should be put in charge and given some dragons. 

I'd love to see her dragon. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck the bitch and all those sad fuckers that lap up Monarchy without receiving fuck all in return. 

I used to be a vehement anti royal, Up against the wall with the lot of them and the soft fuckers that lap it all up. These days I cant be arsed most of the time ,There are more pressing issues than worrying about loons that keep a bunch of congenital idiots in positions of privilege. The Queen i largely exempt from most of the vitriol,  We need a head of state ; by large she does the job and hasn't taken the piss like most of her family .

I daresay when Charlie boy finally gets his turn I'll re-discover my loathing of the whole fucking institution . 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I used to be a vehement anti royal, Up against the wall with the lot of them and the soft fuckers that lap it all up. These days I cant be arsed most of the time ,There are more pressing issues than worrying about loons that keep a bunch of congenital idiots in positions of privilege. The Queen i largely exempt from most of the vitriol,  We need a head of state ; by large she does the job and hasn't taken the piss like most of her family .

I daresay when Charlie boy finally gets his turn I'll re-discover my loathing of the whole fucking institution . 

I find it easier just to despise the lot of them mate. I have to laugh how they brainwash kids into loving the Royals by giving them some cake and a party. They rally are just a parasite leeching on society. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Oh, some get something in return.

She's been doling out the gewgaws to the craven and easily-impressed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36492850

The lick arses love being honoured mate, it makes them feel special. What most people don't realise is that the majority being honoured have made it a lifetime ambition where they get others to donate and they reap the benefits. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Tim Peake a Knight, I didn't see that one coming. No Siree. Penolpe whats her fucking name getting a Dame because of that utter fucking shite Downtown abbey...well I never. 

Then there are those who refused the Queen's "honours".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/30/new-years-honours-celebrities-rejected_n_8895194.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-204471/Top-people-refused-honours-named.html

Stephen Hawking, Aldous Huxley, David Bowie, John Cleese, Paul Weller, Jon Snow, CS Lewis, Philip Larkin, LS Lowry (refused honours 5 times, the massive piss-taking Manc ledge!) Alistair Sim, etc...

A reasonably impressive list, but how many of them have the talent to guffaw like ninnies while someone who was once in Big Brother tries to eat a kangaroo anus?