You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All New 'Best Video Game Ever' Thread

wiiksie

Great graphics, sh!te game - no where near Super Mario World

i loved that game thought it was great maybe the graphics made me think it was better than what it was but you got to ride the rhino, ostrich and shark it was fun :thumbsup:

I used to love Double Dragon

Was okay, although Renegade, and Target: Renegade were possibly better (although Renegade III, the Time-travelling jobby was a bit weak).

Honourable mentions must also go to Strider, Splatterhouse and Shinobi when we have the whole side-scrolling thing going on.

Remembering the old Xbox, Hunter: The Reckoning was pretty addictive, too.

Crappus, I forgot driving stuff, too - Hard Drivin' on the 8-bits was awesome at the time, as was Chase HQ ... "Let's go, Mister Driver..."

Most of them have been covered but heres mine anyway, in no particular order:

Super Metroid- SNES

Zelda OOT- N64

Command and Conquer series- PS1

Street Fighter 2 Turbo-SNES

NBA Jam -SNES

Super Star Wars/ROJ/ESB-SNES

Super Mario Kart-SNES

Kevin Keegan Player Manager- SNES

Shenmui-Dreamcast

Super tennis- SNES.

I was a bit of Snes Fiend back in the day, had no time for Sega, and i cant be arsed putting newish games xbox etc so its a bit biase but anyway.

Most of them have been covered but heres mine anyway, in no particular order:

Super Metroid- SNES

Zelda OOT- N64

Command and Conquer series- PS1

Street Fighter 2 Turbo-SNES

NBA Jam -SNES

Super Star Wars/ROJ/ESB-SNES

Super Mario Kart-SNES

Kevin Keegan Player Manager- SNES

Shenmui-Dreamcast

Super tennis- SNES.

I was a bit of Snes Fiend back in the day, had no time for Sega, and i cant be arsed putting newish games xbox etc so its a bit biase but anyway.

Nintendo > Sega

It's that simple

3D Monster Maze and Mazogs - ZX81 :thumbup:

Sensi Soccer/Speedball 2 (ICE CREAM!)/Champ Manager/Syndicate/Lotus 1/F1 Grand Prix + shitloads more on the Amiga...

Pc games, Call of Duty/Medal of Honour/Battlefield 1942 rock my socks still.

304px-3D-monster-maze-T-rex-2-steps-away.png

Ahh! a scary 3d T-Rex!!! Monster Maze was ace.

Speedball 2 was great on the Mega Drive too. ONe of my claim to fames is that I played Sensible Soccer before it was released. The developers stayed at the hotel I was on work experience at and we got leathered and played it on a HUGE projector telly (this was in the days before every fucker had huge tellys at home)

I only play games on the PC. It's the best gaming platform anyway, so I'm not missing out on anything :whistle:

My all-time top games on the PC:

Anachronox - wonderful, epic space role-playing game created by Tom Hall (a legendary figure in the gaming world who helped create Doom and Duke Nukem 3D) that I can't recommend highly enough.

Thief - The Dark Project - Like sneaking around in the shadows? This is the game for you. The Metal Gear series invented stealth; this turned it into an artform. The inspiration behind Splinter Cell.

Half-Life 2 - The best First-Person Shooter in history, with a realistic-looking world that makes Halo look like the blocky piece of shit that it is. And tell me that the gravity gun isn't the greatest weapon ever created.

Championship/Football Manager series - The ultimate football management series that gets better with every incarnation. Only reason I haven't bought FM2007 yet is cos I'm still playing FM2006, and at 35-seasons in with Notts County, I'm loathe to abandon it ;)

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - The best GTA yet. More than a video game, this is also a glorious satire of the gangsta lifestyle with more depth to its cultural references than you can shake a shitty stick at.

Deus Ex - The shoot-em-up for conspiracy theorists. Labyrinthine plot that never fails to engross.

TIE Fighter - My favourite Star Wars game ever. Dead old now, but back then, this was the ultimate space combat title.

Grim Fandango - If you only ever play one point-and-click adventure, make it this one. Makes its more famous brother Monkey Island look like it was produced by amateurs.

SWAT 3 - Superb tactical shooter that effortlessly creates the tension of combatting a terrorist threat at close quarters.

Morrowind - Oblivion is a lot of fun, but I think this earlier version just edges it. Even thinking back to it, I can't put my finger on anything that makes it great, but I stuck with it for hundreds of hours. A flawed gem.

Way of the Exploding Fist on the Spectrum. Based around my own personal fighting style.

Also loved the Tomb Raider games (tricky puzzles are ace) and most platform games from Jet Set Willy onwards. The Doom series was great, too.

• Upvote 1

Way of the Exploding Fist on the Spectrum. Based around my own personal fighting style.

You would have loved it even more on the C64 ;)

C64 classics:-

Paradroid

Boulderdash

Elite

International Soccer

Bruce Lee

Ghostbusters

Way of the Exploding Fist

Mercenary

Monty on the run

Manic Miner

Jet Set Willy