You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aurelio

Naz17

In the games he's played left back, I've noticed he can be defensively naive. On the ball he's sound, but the goals we've conceded in the premiership have been, to a certain extent, due to his defensive frailties. A few of the chances yesterday also ocurred from our left side where his positioning was at fault. Anybody else noticed this? I don't have any worries as I'm sure Rafa would have noticed this and will improve as Fabio plays more within our back line.

I have noticed he does like to get forward and makes good runs into the centre while Gonzalez makes headway down the wing. It's gonna take a little bit of time for him to get used to the way the back four play together. It will come in time.

I think it was Bowyer's chance that he lappsed, Pepe went of his nut at him.

Likewise for the westham goal. he got sucked in field to the ball and when the pass bypassed him he was to far out of position to get back at zamora. He does like a tackle though and given a bit more time to get used to the leauge he will be a good buy me thinks.

I have noticed he does like to get forward and makes good runs into the centre while Gonzalez makes headway down the wing. It's gonna take a little bit of time for him to get used to the way the back four play together. It will come in time.

I think it was Bowyer's chance that he lappsed, Pepe went of his nut at him.

its obviouse raffa wants us to play wider across the pitch including over lapping fullbacks, the simple remedy to avoid too big a gap down the vacated flank is for the opposite flank player along with the centre halfs to move across the back line. It only breaks down when the full back dosnt get back quick enough to fill the gap again.A bit of a change in tactics copared to last season were we sat deep and played counter attacking football, expect us to ship a few more chances and goals until the defence is drilled to cover the space, Hyppia will possible give way to Agger when Carragher is fit because of his pace and composure in the new system.

Defo agree that he was bought as left mid cover rather than left back. He's done okayish but I'm a bit scared about going to the pit and S Bridge with a left back that slow to get back.

He didn't seem happy with the line of the defence. In the first half he was constantly having a go at Agger and motioning for him to play higher up the pitch.

Guest Gazmo25

I think we were stronger though when Gonzalez came on because Fabio was getting no support whatsoever from Garcia and there were two instances within the space of a couple of minutes in the second half where Fabio was up against two players because Luis wasn't back helping out.

I think he is looking looking slightly rusty but this will come with time, he is still adjusting to our formation. Think it is very harsh to blame him for Zamora's goal coming down his side as well, it was a fluke, simple as that.

Defo agree that he was bought as left mid cover rather than left back. He's done okayish but I'm a bit scared about going to the pit and S Bridge with a left back that slow to get back.

He didn't seem happy with the line of the defence. In the first half he was constantly having a go at Agger and motioning for him to play higher up the pitch.

I'm sure Rafa's tactical instructions will be different for those away games than they were for West Ham at Anfield. He's played more than Agger in Rafa's back four so perhaps it was Aurelio who was right?

I agree with the sentiment that Aurelio doesn't look rock solid. It's early days though.