You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC vs Chelsea - it's started

m0e

We will thrash them by at least 2 goals and as the famous Norweigan commentator says Jose your boys are gonna take one hell of a beating.

Were gonna leave our mark on them for next seasons, Scars from which they will never recover.

No disputed goal this time just one hell of a beating

On what evidence fom our past meetings do you base this confidence on?

How anyone can think we'll beat them comfortably is beyond me. I hate the classless pricks as much as the next man, but they are incredibly well disciplined and organised defensively, and thus very hard to score against.

It will be another tense, tight game I think, decided by a piece of brilliance or a mistake. It's pretty much always the way. We just have to hope that when we create something, we put it away.

Makalele is the key for me, stop him playing and we can gain the upper advantage.

How anyone can think we'll beat them comfortably is beyond me. I hate the classless pricks as much as the next man, but they are incredibly well disciplined and organised defensively, and thus very hard to score against.

It will be another tense, tight game I think, decided by a piece of brilliance or a mistake. It's pretty much always the way. We just have to hope that when we create something, we put it away.

Makalele is the key for me, stop him playing and we can gain the upper advantage.

That would probably have to be Garcia detailed to cut off that option from the defence though Ian and I can't see him having the discipline to do a good job of it.

Did you see how well organised the front six were as a defensive unti against Blackburn though; fucking awesome. You can see why the Valencia side were called "The crushing machine" the way that the man on the ball in instantly pressured if he's even ten yards inside our half and he is forced to go backwards. Never seen defence v attack look so comfortable and so devoid of any build up of pressure from the attack.

That would probably have to be Garcia detailed to cut off that option from the defence though Ian and I can't see him having the discipline to do a good job of it.

Did you see how well organised the front six were as a defensive unti against Blackburn though; fucking awesome. You can see why the Valencia side were called "The crushing machine" the way that the man on the ball in instantly pressured if he's even ten yards inside our half and he is forced to go backwards. Never seen defence v attack look so comfortable and so devoid of any build up of pressure from the attack.

Thats if Garcia plays up front mate, if he decides to play Gerrard there then he could do it pretty well, although as I said that would affect us offensively.

I think it's a real problem to be honest. I don't want Garcia to play because he loses possession too much and we can't afford to do that against them. It's the same with Morientes though, so we'll probably go for Gerrard, but then that affects the right hand side.

On what evidence fom our past meetings do you base this confidence on?

Im basing it on us going for the jugular like we did against utd and obviously getting an early goal, also we'll be fitter and stronger with key players rested for the game.

I can see us playing Gerrard as a second striker to sit on top of makele when we dont have the ball, if thats the case it will be very interesting who plays RM.

My only fear is our Zonal marking system from set pieces as thats the only way i can see them scoring

Im basing it on us going for the jugular like we did against utd and obviously getting an early goal, also we'll be fitter and stronger with key players rested for the game.

I can see us playing Gerrard as a second striker to sit on top of makele when we dont have the ball, if thats the case it will be very interesting who plays RM.

My only fear is our Zonal marking system from set pieces as thats the only way i can see them scoring

When we scored one goal?!

We've won our last two games 1-0, so I don't see where the optimism is coming from.

Fair enough but I am very confident and think that a crouch/Garcia combination will do the business and Id still be confident with a Gerrard/Crouch combo

We beat them last year through resting key players and we'll do it again this year

IMO

Mark my words we will win and leave our mark on them for next season

Don't think we will play any other way than 4-5-1. Crouch up front alone but who is in the hole will be interesting. Obviously Momo will start which is harsh on Didi because when big games come round he is the man. Think we'll line up:

Reina

Finna

Carra

Sami

JAR

Stevie

Xabi

Momo

Luis

Harry

Crouch.

Wouldn't mind seeing Stevie in the hole though with Luis wide right.

We've won our last two games 1-0, so I don't see where the optimism is coming from.

For me, Rafa and the team he's building just breeds confidence, and I think we have a good a chance as we ever have of beating them. We're not the best quality, granted, but I think we have the best manager in the country. I'm looking forward to games now, like the way we're playing and expecting to win 99% of matches!

I just think we will win on Saturday - they have never looked infinitely superior against us, especially in cup competitions.

The other thing to bear in mind is the only time theyve really stuffed us was when Sami had flu and Drogba gave him the runaround, so sami must have been really ill that day,

We had the better of the other two games and I think we now have more of a cutting edge than we did in the previous two games

We've played them 4 times this season, 2 draws, 2 losses. I think we're due especially when you look at how we performed in those games and the fact Old Trafford will be bouncing. I think we'll sneak it. Probably won't be convincing though