You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea

Rashid

Yet the only way we'll compete is by throwing money at it.

You really are a fucking twat.

absolute fucking simpleton.

In fairness, we need to improve in certain areas such as a striker and right winger. I'd rather we spend big on proven quality, than take a risk at this stage. We're fucking close. We can't fuck about. We need to bring in the best available. If it costs a lot, then fair enough. Risks are sometimes needed. We've been conservative on enough occasions recently. Let's fucking go for it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I alone in honestly not being worried by Chelseaa's millions? I really do not think it is a barrier to us winning the league, and for two main reasons: firstly, we've got Rafa who has a track record of beating bigger sides before he came to us, and is dramatically improving our team and squad all the time; secondly, there will be some fall out at Chelsea related to both shut-out players (SWP and his like) and the complacency of winning. Three titles on the bounce has only ever been done twice before for good reason. Teams start to think, "Fuck it" and really have a go, plus your rivals raise their games in order to compete. Fuck Chelsea; the title's ours next season.

Guest Pablo-B
Yet the only way we'll compete is by throwing money at it.

You really are a fucking twat.

absolute fucking simpleton.

Kin'ell...surprised one of the long term plebs haven't been on yet to complain how the site is going downhill...blah, blah, blah.

:whistle:

Kin'ell...surprised one of the long term plebs haven't been on yet to complain how the site is going downhill...blah, blah, blah.

:whistle:

Don't you get it mate? It's OK to hurl abuse at me, that ain't ruining the forum. In fact it's quite cool for their own credibitility on here to do so. Anyway this is one for the Chelsea lovers....

romjose9yv.jpg

I think they'll still beat Barcelona in the Champions League. In addition to us needing a striker and winger next season, we need no injuries to key players. That's the main difference between the teams. Today was just a blip for them and satisfying though it is, they could lose the next three games in the same fashion and still have enough to win the league.

Injuries are often overlooked, despite the fact they play a key factor in deciding the title. This season has treated us kindly, let's hope for more of the same in the future.

I don't think Chelsea can take more injuries to key players than we can, it's just that they have fewer key players due to their massive squad. We are slowly building that squad ourselves. Both Agger and Kromkamp were vital in that respect, as we had no cover at cb or rb. That is now solved.

Chelsea aren't actually shit, but it's all relative. When you take into account how much they've spent, they actually are pretty shit for what they should be.

I'm convinced that if we had just a decent portion of their transfer kitty, we would be playing far better football than they do - hell we are anyway!

If I was a Chelsea fan obviously i'd be pleased about how results are going but i'd have a nagging feeling in my gut that the club aren't going about things in the right manner. I always had that feeling during the GH era - we won games but we were horrible to watch etc.

Despite Chelsea's millions, I firmly believe that if we make the right purchases in the summer then we'll win the league next season.

Chelsea aren't actually shit, but it's all relative. When you take into account how much they've spent, they actually are pretty shit for what they should be.

Probably the two best league seasons in English football history!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should they be, winning every match?

Probably the two best league seasons in English football history!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should they be, winning every match?

Playing expansive football, in the Barca mould. It's not just about results when you have spent triple what any other club has in my opinion.

If you'd read the post you'd have seen I wasn't belittling the results, just the manner in which they are achieved.

Guest Pablo-B

That's not quite true. Why should Moronio change his whole philosophy on how the game should be played just because he has more money to spend?

I think he's right to stick to his guns, even though I can't stand Chelsea. It's not about entertainment, it's about results. Or at least it was before Sky took over.

That's not quite true. Why should Moronio change his whole philosophy on how the game should be played just because he has more money to spend?

I agree with him, even though I can't stand Chelsea. It's not about entertainment, it's about results.

Well not for me i'm afraid. I enjoy watching us infinitely more now than I do a few years ago. Results are similar but i'd take watching us now anyday.

No one was complaining so much when GH won us the treble playing far more negative football in 2001.

I understand what people are saying and i agree to a certain extent, but Mourinho has his own style and it's successful so why would he change it?

I was, I absolutely hated the football under Houllier, he made me into a wreck. I went to Barcelona away when we played 10-0-0 and got a 0-0 - it was a good result but an absolute disgrace to our club and I can tell you most fans at the ground were pissed off.

Ugly football disgusts me, we all grew up liking football because of it is such a beautiful game.

No one was complaining so much when GH won us the treble playing far more negative football in 2001.

I understand what people are saying and i agree to a certain extent, but Mourinho has his own style and it's successful so why would he change it?

Because he's spent so much money.

This is something that no-one is going to agree on because it's a totally subjective point. There are two camps:

1) results only.

2) results with good football.

Although I was happy with the results under GH, I had a horribly nagging feeling that we weren't doing things in the way i'd have liked to see us do it.

I was, I absolutely hated the football under Houllier, he made me into a wreck. I went to Barcelona away when we played 10-0-0 and got a 0-0 - it was a good result but an absolute disgrace to our club and I can tell you most fans at the ground were pissed off.

Ugly football disgusts me, we all grew up liking football because of it is such a beautiful game.

Fair enough if you had a go at the time about GH (not the last 18 months, but when we we're successful) and you have a point, but Chelse aren't as negative and boring as people make out. They should play better football perhaps, but they still score a shit load, have players like Duff, Cole, Robben and Crespo in the side who are all exciting and personally, i don't think Rafa would change his policy if he got £300m to spend. He'd sort out the defence, be solid, play as a unit like at Valencia. It would probably be a bit more easy on the eye than Chelsea, but Valencia we're no Barcelona and it's quite hard to expect any team to play in the same way as them right now. No team in the world has a front 5 that is more skillful and pleasent to watch than Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco and Guily.

Guest Pablo-B

I must say I hated us under Houllier...or at least after the treble season when he became ultra defensive.

Some of the football played in his first few seasons was excellent.

But I don't think Moronio is as defensive as Houllier. Chelsea soak up pressure, but they are always looking to break with good pace with a pair of top quality wingers. I think Houllier was just glad to soak up pressure. And that mentality was something Rafa had dificulty trying to get rid of last season.

I really can't wait to see what we'll be like when we have all the players in that Rafa wants.

The Arenal side of two years ago we're extremely counter-attacking as we're the United of the 90's. Sure they'd pummel teams into submission at home with great football, and so do Chelsea a lot of the time, but how many goals did those 2 great sides score on the break and from set pieces (talking about United there). Fuck me i forget how many goals United scabbed against us in the last minute or off a corner.

The Arenal side of two years ago we're extremely counter-attacking as we're the United of the 90's. Sure they'd pummel teams into submission at home with great football, and so do Chelsea a lot of the time, but how many goals did those 2 great sides score on the break and from set pieces (talking about United there). Fuck me i forget how many goals United scabbed against us in the last minute or off a corner.

But they didn't invite teams onto them, they tried to keep possession of the football unlike Chelsea and Liverpool under GH who are happy to defend the whole game and sneak a win.

It's a hell of an ask for Rafa to finish above Chelsea, there's never been a team who could match their consistency over the last two seasons (though we often took our foot off the gas after we had the title sown up in the past). They're heading for another record points haul to beat the one they set last year. Doesn't mean that we give up hope though, we just need to be realistic about what we're asking Rafa and the club to do. Overhauling the Mancs looks distinctly possible with a couple of shrewd signings, Chelsea are a different proposition, coupled in with where they currently stand and their well of resources.

That's totally inaccurate i'm afraid - Arsenal and Utd over the years have had style and verve. They have scored goals on the break sure, but their game hasn't been based on that strategy to begin with. Therein lies the critical difference - Chelsea are set up to play on the counter whereas Utd and Arsenal were teams who could do that if needed, but more often than not they just passed teams off the park.