You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Race for Walcott hots up

Rashid

Im not hoping, this is classic LFC. Find out if a player is intersted, then once they say they want us, negotiate behind the scenes. Walcott has all the aces here, and he can go wherever he likes. He'll be signed for us by the end of Jan. Would you like a wager Rash for teh HJC * third time Ive asked him*

i'll take a wager, but for personal gain rather than HJC, I am broke and really dont think this lad will end up anywhere outside of London.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He cannot sign ANY contract until he turns 17, the fact that clubs are dealing with Southampton and vast amounts are being suggested is simply because Walcott must have already stated to Southampton that he will not stich them up. His first professional contract will be with Southampton, then he will be allowed to move on.. probably in the summer. The bidding that is going on at the moment is to be "that" club that he moves to in the summer. The kids does actually turn 17 until 16th March 2006 and until then cannot sign any professional contract with ANY club.. only when he turns 17 can he sign, until then he is free to move wherever he wants... but clearly that isn't what he intends to do.

Personally I don't think we will sign him as comments made by Rafa earlier in the week about homegrown talent being too expensive.. hope I'm wrong though..

He's definately a Liverpool fan... check out Ian Rush's column in the Echo...

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/z0100ianrush/tm_objectid=16594381%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=walcott%2dwould%2dlove%2dto%2dsign%2dfor%2dbeloved%2dreds-name_page.html

He cannot sign ANY contract until he turns 17, the fact that clubs are dealing with Southampton and vast amounts are being suggested is simply because Walcott must have already stated to Southampton that he will not stich them up. His first professional contract will be with Southampton, then he will be allowed to move on.. probably in the summer. The bidding that is going on at the moment is to be "that" club that he moves to in the summer. The kids does actually turn 17 until 16th March 2006 and until then cannot sign any professional contract with ANY club.. only when he turns 17 can he sign, until then he is free to move wherever he wants... but clearly that isn't what he intends to do.

Personally I don't think we will sign him as comments made by Rafa earlier in the week about homegrown talent being too expensive.. hope I'm wrong though..

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/z0100ianrush/tm_objectid=16594381%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=walcott%2dwould%2dlove%2dto%2dsign%2dfor%2dbeloved%2dreds-name_page.html

We already know all that.

No offence to you or anyone but the problem with this thread now is that not many people can be arsed reading through 25 pages and the same info and articles keep getting posted again and again

Its like groundhog day without Bill Murry and the groundhog..................In fact its nothing like the film, but you get my point.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...-name_page.html

No offence to you or anyone but the problem with this thread now is that not many people can be arsed reading through 25 pages and the same info and articles keep getting posted again and again

Its like groundhog day without Bill Murry and the groundhog..................In fact its nothing like the film, but you get my point.

Your making me angry........ you wont like it when I'm angry

bp2.jpg

He won't be able to play in the champions league as he will not be able to sign a professional contract until he's 17 which will be after the cut off date - not sure when that is but I would assume that it's the end of Jan when the window closes...

you can play young players (U21 I think, but not sure), who are not registered in your squad of 25.