You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sun 5th May 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wondered about that, was just brushed over with a brief comment about the crowd asking for the handball decision on Sky.

That would not result in any punishment for the keeper,unless it stopped a goalscoring opportunity. Otherwise a yellow at best. It's a strange law when it comes to keepers handling the ball.

3 hours ago, Code said:

To me it looked like the body was outside but his arms might be on the line. 

The Twitter link I posted earlier in the Nunez thread kind of back it up, but it was very low quality so it was all a little blurred. 

IMG_0788.jpeg

Hard to see the ball there! The keeper is clearly on the line there though, which is in the box. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Genuine question, do the refs on that forum share in the low opinion that we have for PGMOL on here?

I'd say as most of us are recreational and semi pro the answer is yes,a fair few. And VAR is not popular at this level either,as fans too of course.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

So if he stopped a goalbound shot without anybody else there to stop it,  by handling outside his area , it wouldn't be anything other than a free kick? 

The referee would do everything they could to not send him off. The spate of sending offs of GKs a while back seemed to die out as it was yet another 'directive' that didn't last long. Other than a blatant foul as the last man my bet would be a yellow for the GK. Would you think an outfield player would be punished with a red card if deliberately handling outside the box as that's how a keeper would be treated. If a keeper oversteps his area with the ball a free kick is given but no sanction to the GK.