You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2024

Just turned this farce on. 

They're talking like Joyce has been great. He's fighting fucking Kash Ali, and he's taken clean shots from him amd is as slow and ponderous as ever. 

Joyce is fucking crap. And to use my Grandads terms, he a bloody great pudding. 

Hadn't even realised that Whyte fought on Sunday night, but had a little sick in my throat reading journalists praising his bravery having come through his 'drugs hell' to be vindicated by ( yet another ) ' contaminated supplement ' ruling. This chump needs fucking off for good.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Destroyed Hatton. It was sad to see 

It was. The Mayweather was worst for me though. Believing in the build up he could do it, especially after how the night with Tzuyu played out as being the underdog, but also the Cortez refereeing shambles and the knockout. Bleak

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Curly said:

It was. The Mayweather was worst for me though. Believing in the build up he could do it, especially after how the night with Tzuyu played out as being the underdog, but also the Cortez refereeing shambles and the knockout. Bleak

Insane atmosphere for that.

Just now, Kevin D said:

Insane atmosphere for that.

Did you go? Fucking hell - amazing I bet. I watched it in a one bedroom flat in harehills in Leeds - not quite the same!

Just now, Curly said:

Did you go? Fucking hell - amazing I bet. I watched it in a one bedroom flat in harehills in Leeds - not quite the same!

No, just on the tele.

Manny Pacquaio’s Philippine support is rabid, but I don’t think anything has ever matched the noise Hatton fights would generate, it was wild.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

No, just on the tele.

Manny Pacquaio’s Philippine support is rabid, but I don’t think anything has ever matched the noise Hatton fights would generate, it was wild.

Went to a couple of Ritson shows when he was in his British title run and that Panera fight - they were boss domestic atmospheres

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Curly said:

Went to a couple of Ritson shows when he was in his British title run and that Panera fight - they were boss domestic atmospheres

Back when he was the Geordie Golovkin and smashing people in three rounds.

Made for some class TV.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Curly said:

Ritson absolutely blasted through the domestic scene, had him down as a potential world champion but as soon as stepped up he was found out.