You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2024

As for the Joshua fight, does anybody think it's actually meaningful or just an exercise in money making?

I have to say  I don;t like Joshua, for me his idea of his own self worth far exceeds his actual achievements, he wins..? Grand, beat Fury or Usyk then.

He loses, off you pop down the ladder and good riddance to nothing that will be missed.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Anyone got a semi reliable stream?

Try hesgoal.com mate 

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

As for the Joshua fight, does anybody think it's actually meaningful or just an exercise in money making?

I have to say  I don;t like Joshua, for me his idea of his own self worth far exceeds his actual achievements, he wins..? Grand, beat Fury or Usyk then.

He loses, off you pop down the ladder and good riddance to nothing that will be missed.

It’s a dangerous fight and he’s silly for taking it. Wins and nobody gives a fuck, loses and he’s done. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Try hesgoal.com mate 

It’s a dangerous fight and he’s silly for taking it. Wins and nobody gives a fuck, loses and he’s done. 

Indeed it is. 

My instincts tell me it will be dancing at distance for a few rounds, as soon as Joshua gets hit he will hold and spoil and there will be fans feeling short changed after Joshua wins a points decision.

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Indeed it is. 

My instincts tell me it will be dancing at distance for a few rounds, as soon as Joshua gets hit he will hold and spiil and there will be fas feeling short changed after Joshua wiins a points decision.

Yep. Joshua gets tagged and he loses 50% of his desire right away. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Joshua gets tagged and he loses 50% of his desire right away. 

And people will pay, what is it? 50 quid? for the privilege of watching a poor mans Gary Mason take on a fella who's having his 2nd actual fight under Boxing rules.

I'd laugh my bollocks off if Joshua got knocked spark out.

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And people will pay, what is it? 50 quid? for the privilege of watching a poor mans Gary Mason take on a fella who's having his 2nd actual fight under Boxing rules.

£20 it is.

I reckon there’s a real chance Joshua gets chinned tonight.

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

No chance id be paying for it. Maybe for Ball actually but thankfully (hello officer) im a rebel 

Ball needs to change his tactics here 

They should reroute some of the money they’re jizzing up the wall on fight purses to flying thousands of pissed-up boxing fans in from overseas.

Going to be a total waste of any decent fights they put on otherwise, the atmosphere isn’t some optional extra.

• Upvote 1

Just now, John102 said:

I dont get it with Ball. Fit and explosive but looks very limited every time i see him (Whilst also winning)

Ditto. Game but lacks the finesse to be anything special.

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

They should reroute some of the money they’re jizzing up the wall on fight purses to flying thousands of pissed-up boxing fans in from overseas.

Going to be a total waste of any decent fights they put on otherwise, the atmosphere isn’t some optimal extra.

IMG_2047.jpeg

It's still my fervent hope that Usyk unifies the titles and knocks that tinker Fury on his arse so at least this generation of Boxing fans has a Heavyweight champion that they can look up to and admire, the same as many generations before who saw Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Ali, Frazier etc.

You look at this crop of Fury, Wilder, Joshua and others (excluding Usyk who's a proper fighter) and you'd  ask which one of these wouldn't a peak Holyfield beat, never mind a peak Lewis.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

I like Ball but he’s out of his depth here. Reminds me of scrappy doo.

He's far too small for this division. Like a snooker player playing with half a cue.