You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

5 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Im a bit lost here.

You keep banging on about the squad being too small but at the same time moan about the medical staff.

If the medical staff were amazing and we had a massive squad, as you want, how would we keep everyone happy and why would we need such a large amount of players.

If you want a massive squad, you must accept that injury crisis happens and is normal so why would you blame the medical staff?

I’m really confused

@BeefStroganoff come on, you tit.

Why?

2 hours ago, No2 said:

The intensity in the second half was brilliant, to do that without 90% of the leadership group was superb. Macca and Endo really stepped it up and Bradley looked like Steven Gerrard for 15 minutes, we didn't let them breathe for half an hour, great stuff.

The guy that worked with Bradley as a kid reckons his best position is mf. Said he could be another Gerrard.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

“We just made them angry, didn’t we?” reflected the Luton manager. “The first half was a really good performance but in the second we saw the force of Anfield and Liverpool with their full-throttle football. Their counter-pressing was amazing. In the end it was great learning for us to see what the best looks like.”

Very fair summary that.

He seems a great bloke, I’d love them to stay up.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The wanderer said:

The guy that worked with Bradley as a kid reckons his best position is mf. Said he could be another Gerrard.

I was very impressed with his second half midfield cameo. He really looked comfortable there. Obviously against a bigger team it would be different but he looked the part.

5 hours ago, The wanderer said:

There's a picture going around of an old man city scouting report on him. And it says he can play pretty much anywhere. Chuffed we got in first... 

I know it's easy to say it now because he's started so well. But he had that heir of Gerrard about him doesn't he.... Very special player

26 minutes ago, A Red said:

I do sometimes have an issue with the Anfield atmosphere but the crowd were fantastic in the 2nd half, a major contributory factor in the win. 

Spot on. 

Absolutely roared the team to victory last night. 

10 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How old is Townsend I'm sure I had that fucker in my panini sticker book

I noticed that he wears "Townsend Sr" on his shirt.

Is there a Townsend Jr playing anywhere? And why isn't he in our Academy with every other player's kids?

• Haha 2

I couldn’t believe the negativity flying around at half time last night. Yes we’d been wasteful in the first half but we were cutting through them at will, there was no chance they would be able to stop us for 90 minutes.

Conor Bradley is going to be one of the best players in the world.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I noticed that he wears "Townsend Sr" on his shirt.

Is there a Townsend Jr playing anywhere? And why isn't he in our Academy with every other player's kids?

Townshend Jr, is 4 years of age, so unlikely to be confused with his Father.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

There's a picture going around of an old man city scouting report on him. And it says he can play pretty much anywhere. Chuffed we got in first... 

I know it's easy to say it now because he's started so well. But he had that heir of Gerrard about him doesn't he.... Very special player

He’s a cracking player.

@A Red was spot on. The crowd made sure of that last night. The amount of times we’ve been a goal down and it’s like a fucking morgue over the years. Sense of anxiety and “here we go again losing at home to a shite team” think the likes of Wigan etc. Last night no chance it was happening. 

• Upvote 1