You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucy Letby guilty !

Captain Willard

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The absolute fucking state of this superficial gobshite.

And this isn't just some daft, vapid, look-at-me teenage vlogger; this is an actual BBC journalist, acting surprised because the prosecution stuck to the relevant facts, rather than indulging in tawdry speculation and gossip.

That's ridiculous reporting. I thought Phrenology died out in the 19th century.

To be fair, and I'm not saying i agree with these people by the way, but if you were going to set up an international organ harvesting operation for billionaires, why wouldnt you choose to harvest them all in the one hospital in Chester and why wouldnt you make the payments through the trust's own bank account. Everyone knows hiding in plain site is the best thing you can do.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I see Sunak is calling her cowardly for refusing to attend her sentencing.

While he obviously has a point here, it hasn’t escaped my notice that this is coming from someone who avoids any kind of difficult scrutiny whenever/wherever he can. 

You know what?  I don't think that not wanting to face sentencing is the worst thing she's done.  It's sort of understandable and doesn't diminish my opinion of her.

Sunak's predecessor ran away and hid in a fridge rather than face a breakfast TV interview.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah this talk about forced attendance at sentencing just doesn't quite sit right with me. If someone is facing a life imprisonment then threatening them with contempt of court for failure to attend isn't really going to sway them - but the alternative is to drag them forcibly into court, which is just performative bollocks; red meat to toss to the baying masses.

Sunak and other tories sounding off on legislation to force perpetrators to attend sentencing (presumably Hannibal Lecter-style?) just reeks of populist shite that sounds tough but ultimately farts around the edge, not improving things for anyone but the tories themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Obviously the woman should be in court but are the police going to physically carry convicts into the dock for sentencing that refuse to go voluntarily.That would be farcical and distressing for the victims but that’s where this could wind up if we get a knee jerk change to the law . Given she will probably get 40 years or more threatening her with contempt probably won’t wash 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

One of the main protagonists of Nicola Bulley Isn’t Real has now moved on and is applying her forensic intellect to Letby’s innocence and an organ harvesting gang operating out of the Countess of Chester Hospital…

image.jpeg

If I hadn't seen the image of this woman I'd have been able to draw it accurately.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Agreed. Should attend but ultimately makes no difference in something like this. Little is gained from watching someone being sent down. It wouldnt even derive the slightest of satisfaction

That said, Sunak is a cunt.

Imagine how shit the opening 10 minutes of Superman 1 & 2 would have been if General Zod hadn't turned up for sentencing? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yeah this talk about forced attendance at sentencing just doesn't quite sit right with me. If someone is facing a life imprisonment then threatening them with contempt of court for failure to attend isn't really going to sway them - but the alternative is to drag them forcibly into court, which is just performative bollocks; red meat to toss to the baying masses.

Sunak and other tories sounding off on legislation to force perpetrators to attend sentencing (presumably Hannibal Lecter-style?) just reeks of populist shite that sounds tough but ultimately farts around the edge, not improving things for anyone but the tories themselves.

Agree. 

What would happen if she was in court anyway? She’d cry and people would say serves you right and question her sincerity, or she wouldn’t cry and people would call her “remorseless”. 

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

One of the main protagonists of Nicola Bulley Isn’t Real has now moved on and is applying her forensic intellect to Letby’s innocence and an organ harvesting gang operating out of the Countess of Chester Hospital…

image.jpeg

It’s a similar mentality to holocaust denial, or other forms of conspiracy theory, some people can’t comprehend real every day evil when they see it so they have to come up with a more comforting explanation that can be solved. You csn stop government conspiracies, you can’t stop an ordinary nurse killing babies. Same with the 7/7 or Manchester arena deniers, you can’t stop mad students with back packs full of explosives killing people so it’s more comforting to say they didn’t exist. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s a similar mentality to holocaust denial, or other forms of conspiracy theory, some people can’t comprehend real every day evil when they see it so they have to come up with a more comforting explanation that can be solved. You csn stop government conspiracies, you can’t stop an ordinary nurse killing babies. Same with the 7/7 or Manchester arena deniers, you can’t stop mad students with back packs full of explosives killing people so it’s more comforting to say they didn’t exist. 

Nah I think they're just attention seeking dickheads. Have said on other threads but we're far too tolerant of "alternative" opinions these days. In the 80s we knew how to deal with this shit. If you'd come to school saying you weren't allowed to have your BCG because Bill Gates was going to track you, we'd have thrown you head first in a wheelie bin and pushed you down Camp Hill in Woolton. That'd be the last time you'd ever chat shit in public again.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 4