You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucy Letby guilty !

Captain Willard

For every conviction there is an element of doubt. We've seen it happen occasionally e.g. Barry George, Birmingham 6.  

There does seem to be a lot of circumstantial evidence here, from what I've read no one actually saw her do anything she has been accused of. No physical evidence exists.  I don't for a second think there's organ harvesting going on but there does seem to be an element of arse-covering from the trust. 

The note in her house is the biggest red flag obviously and on the balance of probabilities she had something to do with all of the deaths/attempts. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping an open mind but it would be huge if she was innocent. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Nah I think they're just attention seeking dickheads. Have said on other threads but we're far too tolerant of "alternative" opinions these days. In the 80s we knew how to deal with this shit. If you'd come to school saying you weren't allowed to have your BCG because Bill Gates was going to track you, we'd have thrown you head first in a wheelie bin and pushed you down Camp Hill in Woolton. That'd be the last time you'd ever chat shit in public again.

yep twitter is full of mentalists who shouldnt be allowed near sharp objects, but are legitmised by the likes of gb news, who cant tell the difference between climate change and weather.

• Upvote 3

slightly ot, but there there was an ex judge on 5 live before saying, previously there would be support there for the jury who have to sit through horrendous cases like this such as counselling etc.  

In a surprising turn of events the tories have pulled the funding and if you are struggling with it now she recommended ringing the samaritans. 

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Former Old Bailey Judge speaks total sense here. You drag someone up it'll probably turn into a circus where the defendant shouts all sorts of abuse and possibly struggling violently with Officers in the Dock.

Slightly longer interview with same Judge. 

Yeah I don't get this obsession with making someone sit there for the sentence. It's just the Judge's time to shine. "You are calculated and an utter cunt, you shalt be cast into the fires of mount doom." 

It's probably the News channels making a meal of it because they like being able to quote/clip it. It makes no difference to anybody else I don't reckon, she's in jail for life - job done. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Section_31 said:

Yeah I don't get this obsession with making someone sit there for the sentence. It's just the Judge's time to shine. "You are calculated and an utter cunt, you shalt be cast into the fires of mount doom." 

It's probably the News channels making a meal of it because they like being able to quote/clip it. It makes no difference to anybody else I don't reckon, she's in jail for life - job done. 

Agreed, it’s performative nonsense and will create more harm than good, apart from in the Daily Mail comments section where they’re probably asking why she hasn’t be birched on the news yet.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Agreed, it’s performative nonsense and will create more harm than good, apart from in the Daily Mail comments section where they’re probably asking why she hasn’t be birched on the news yet.

It should go in the 'instant cunt identifiers' thread all this stuff. Same with the obsession with 'paedos'. 

You can imagine loads of 'buy/sell' style Facebook groups going bonkers about how they'd like to set Letby on fire and all the rest of it.

Justice isn't about revenge nor is it about big moments on telly, it's about removing a dangerous individual from the Chess board so they can no longer do any harm.

• Upvote 3

It's taken about a fortnight after a man was released after 14 years for a rape he did not commit for our press and politicians to jump on the populist bandwagon of the Scum & Mail hang em high brigade. This drag them up to court nonsense is a dangerous offshoot.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It should go in the 'instant cunt identifiers' thread all this stuff. Same with the obsession with 'paedos'. 

You can imagine loads of 'buy/sell' style Facebook groups going bonkers about how they'd like to set Letby on fire and all the rest of it.

Justice isn't about revenge nor is it about big moments on telly, it's about removing a dangerous individual from the Chess board so they can no longer do any harm.

Are we allowed to discuss the views of the Leader of the opposition on this subject?  He's probably going to be the next PM so his opinions are more important than the people on Facebook.

Here they are. I also posted his reaction in his own thread. 

He's wrong. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don’t even know if it’s as coherent as that; I think it’s another case of knee jerk response (march them to the cash point) without actually thinking through how you make someone do the thing you want them to do, in this case stand while the statements are read out and then somehow that causes them to break down in contrition. If that was going to happen it’s unlikely they would have committed the crime in the first place

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Are we allowed to discuss the views of the Leader of the opposition on this subject? 

Here they are. I also posted his reaction in his own thread. 

I hate this cunt. Almost as much as Blair.

Couldn't even get served in my local, the fucking loser... 

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

I hate this cunt. Almost as much as Blair.

Couldn't even get served in my local, the fucking loser... 

People get upset when he's criticised. He's dangerously wrong in his comments on this case. 

45 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

People get upset when he's criticised. He's dangerously wrong in his comments on this case. 

They don't, they're just sick of you spamming the forum with your personal hatred for him using whatever story of the day/tweet serves your view.

On a day like today, who the fuck thinks "I wonder what Starmer's got to say about this?"

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They don't, they're just sick of you spamming the forum with your personal hatred for him using whatever story of the day/tweet serves your view.

On a day like today, who the fuck thinks "I wonder what Starmer's got to say about this?"

Starmer has come out and given an interview on the case for fucks sake. As he should. You were saying people on Facebook etc should be called out for expressing the exact veiws he did in his interview. I put Starmers thoughts on the actual Starmer thread. Of course we should "give a fuck" about what a future Prime Minister thinks.

The Labour Party have made a statement asking for people to sign a fucking petition!!  

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Starmer has come out and given an interview on the case for fucks sake. As he should. You were saying people on Facebook etc should be called out for expressing the exact veiws he did in his interview. I put Starmers thoughts on the actual Starmer thread. Of course we should "give a fuck" about what a future Prime Minister thinks.

The Labour Party have made a statement asking for people to sign a fucking petition!!  

Listen to Sec for fucks sake.

You're 100% correct in your criticism of Starmer on this subject, and as a former DPP it's even more fucking embarrassing to watch him come out with this bollocks. 

BUT...it's your total fucking spamming of any thread you can, posting the same fucking twitter screenshots constantly in the same thread, arguing with yourself and deliberately destroying threads so they're no longer possible to participate in that pisses so many people off. 

Give it a rest, stop spamming every fucking thread and you'd find the vast majority of posters replying to you in this thread saying; "yeah, he's made a total cunt of himself there". 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Listen to Sec for fucks sake.

You're 100% correct in your criticism of Starmer on this subject, and as a former DPP it's even more fucking embarrassing to watch him come out with this bollocks. 

BUT...it's your total fucking spamming of any thread you can, posting the same fucking twitter screenshots constantly in the same thread, arguing with yourself and deliberately destroying threads so they're no longer possible to participate in that pisses so many people off. 

Give it a rest, stop spamming every fucking thread and you'd find the vast majority of posters replying to you in this thread saying; "yeah, he's made a total cunt of himself there". 

OK fair enough, I'll take your advice and leave it there. I did originally put if on the correct thread and was bizarrely criticised for that.

Anyway I will take yours and Secs advice and leave it there.

The Secret Barrister has written a very good article on the issue of forcing defendants into court for sentencing. While, ideally, you’d like them there, forcing them will do more harm than good. I’ve seen victims and families more upset when defendants have come to court from prison and smirked their way through the sentence.

This is performative, point scoring politics from Starmer and Sunak on a day which should be about the victims, not Letby’s absence. And don’t get me started on the dickhead from the Times trying to open a debate on the death penalty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

It was obvious what the sentence was gonna be once she was found guilty anyway. The judge could have sentenced her there and then. 

Thr judge wanted to be seen to reflect on the case and come to the decision. He’s trying to make his involvement in the case as appeal proof as possible.

Just now, Anubis said:

Thr judge wanted to be seen to reflect on the case and come to the decision. He’s trying to make his involvement in the case as appeal proof as possible.

Yeah, I get that and I understand why it has to be done but a serial baby killer in a case with such attention on it was never gonna be anything other than a whole life term. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I wonder what Kier Starmer has to say about the whole thing? 

He’d probably say “I hope I don’t have to explain this to that beef burger Stig”