You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) Premier League - 14/1/23 - 15:00

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Didn't know that, ta.

Fucks sake, only 23 mins as well.  Is he fucking stupid?  We wanted minutes in his legs, surely he understood that simple instruction? 

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/calvin-ramsay-sent-off-in-24-minutes-for-liverpool-under-21s-as-first-teamer-features-3978542

Reports I read said Ramsay was chasing the guy and he tripped over his own feet but the ref was behind play and sent him off for a deliberate trip and he was the last man.

• Upvote 1

After the match yesterday, waiting for the queue for the trains to abate, we discussed if there is anything going on in the background affecting on field performance. We have lost a number of high profile back room and management staff, the manager doesn’t appear happy in interviews, the club is up for sale and the effort of players as measured by running stats is poor. 

Buying a shiny new player isn’t gonna fix that; there is something more fundamental afoot. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

After the match yesterday, waiting for the queue for the trains to abate, we discussed if there is anything going on in the background affecting on field performance. We have lost a number of high profile back room and management staff, the manager doesn’t appear happy in interviews, the club is up for sale and the effort of players as measured by running stats is poor. 

Buying a shiny new player isn’t gonna fix that; there is something more fundamental afoot. 

Yes FSG are the big fuck off cunts in the background 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

You’re not wrong. 

On top of all that Jurgen has stated that the pre- season was ‘in place’ even before the previous season was over, and if he had his way, it would have been different. In other words, they needed a bigger holiday, which they were never going to get. As a result, injuries happened before the season got going.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Yes FSG are the big fuck off cunts in the background 

Are players annoyed by that?  The people who pay their wages on time, who funded the purchase of most of them, and the shiny new training ground, they're the bad guys in the players' eyes?  Nah. 

I agree there seems to be something in the background.  Perhaps the Qatar sale is close and Klopp has privately said he won't manage under them, or perhaps a couple of players have intimated they won't play for them. 

This game was never going to be easy, even City would struggle with Nunez, Firmino, Diaz, Jota and Van Dijk out of the team with injuries.

Its one of the worst performance’s I can remember though, apart from Ox comical attempt to head the ball, I can’t remember a good scoring opportunity at all, just dreadful stuff all around. 

0C1575A9-77E9-4DB5-A2E2-5E4F837C7534.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I only watched the first 30 minutes and it seemed that we pressed by pushing everyone up, defending from the halfway line. Then as that exposed us everyone legged it back to defend and when we had the ball in defence there was only Salah up top to hit the ball to and he was outnumbered and lost the ball and back it came. Happened 3 or 4 times in that half an hour. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Still freaks my nut out why we’ve abandoned everything that made us great these last 5 years and have reverted to doing everything that made us look fucking stupid for the previous 25.

We only had one Coutinho to cash in on.

There's other players since that we could have sold to equal effect, but we likely wouldn't have won the CL and PL.

24 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

A reminder of our next 8 games.  This isn't rock bottom yet. 

Wolves

Chelsea

Wolves

Everton

Newcastle 

Real Madrid

Palace

Man Utd

I think any combination of top flight fixtures would look daunting for us at the moment. There isn’t a team wouldn’t fancy their chances against us.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

We only had one Coutinho to cash in on.

There's other players since that we could have sold to equal effect, but we likely wouldn't have won the CL and PL.

Yeah but we’ve spent £250 mill on left sided forwards and brought in Arthur on a loan for the midfield. 

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Still freaks my nut out why we’ve abandoned everything that made us great these last 5 years and have reverted to doing everything that made us look fucking stupid for the previous 25.

Get Edwards back and Ardja whilst we're at it.  It's no coincidence things have gone tits up since Ardja was chased off the forum.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Red74 said:

On our budget and what needed addressing. Nunez & Gakpo

You didn't think we needed to replace Mane? I think you're probably in a minority there.

I've been saying for at least 3 years about the midfield so I'm under no illusions there but would never suggest that we didn't need a replacement for Mane.