You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

What's pissed me off this season, more than in any other I can remember, is the abject surrender to club who I truly despise, and who have spent the whole 90s minutes lobbing shitballs at us. The mancs,  the shite, and now these scab cunts.

Not turning up against shite sides is something I've seen all too often, getting turned over by superior teams, even when we've put a shift in, is something I've also seen plenty of down the years.

But all players at all clubs know the opponents their fans can't bare to lose to. Not giving a fuck, especially when you're better than them, is unforgivable. These lads have gone down massively in my estimations this season.

58 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah Jota being out for so long sucks too. I didn't think he'd been playing great like most of the rest of the team and maybe needed some more time playing and now we're looking at waiting until next year instead. I didn't even know how bad both were until checking earlier on, makes today's result even worse.

Maybe Nunez can help us deal with some of that by settling in more though and getting used to scoring for us. I'm trying to keep some type of optimism, not easy though obviously.

Keep Nunez away from the dreaded “medical department”. 

How the fuck could he be injured today but fine for tomorrow

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What's pissed me off this season, more than in any other I can remember, is the abject surrender to club who I truly despise, and who have spent the whole 90s minutes lobbing shitballs at us. The mancs,  the shite, and now these scab cunts.

Not turning up against shite sides is something I've seen all too often, getting turned over by superior teams, even when we've put a shift in, is something I've also seen plenty of down the years.

But all players at all clubs know the opponents their fans can't bare to lose to. Not giving a fuck, especially when you're better than them, is unforgivable. These lads have gone down massively in my estimations this season.

"Hi There Mr section,

Jurgen here. Listen I've read your recent ballistic posts on the Nottingham Forest away match thread and whilst I would like to assume having won quite a few trophies that I wouldn't need someone to come in and help. However, I'm an honest man and I'd like you to take our team talk on Monday morning before we go through minute by minute today's game. 

Yours,

Jurgen"

Monday Morning:

Axa Training Centre:..

Arbour Ln, Liverpool L33 7ET:

07:48 EST:

HonestDamagedHoatzin-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Now I've calmed down a bit, I'm thinking that van Dijk could have had a hat trick and that we would have won comfortably if any one of Thiago, Diaz, Jota or Nunez had been available.

Alisson made about 2 maybe 3 really good saves too - arguably better ones than any Henderson was called on to make.

Overall we got what we deserved today - and pretty much all our chances came from set pieces, we created nothing really from open play - which against a side as poor as them is just not on.

I agree we probably would have won with the players you named available - but that has been the problem all season hasn't it....key men dropping like flies week after week, game after game - every frigging week our line ups are looked at with trepidation ready for the latest absence/s - and weel after week lo and behold the absences keep coming.

8 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Concerning looking team that. This won’t be pretty,

Saw the team sheet and thought 0-0 immediately. Silly me had already forgotten the Joe Gomez box of tricks that nearly scuppered our West Ham result.

Today he made amends by scuppering our nailed on 0-0 draw.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

1.  We'd have been miles better today with him.  

2.  You don't know what the problem is.  I suspect it's more serious than you're alluding to.

3.  And just to put you straight, he got us to the CL final, and had he been fit we would have won it.  We couldn't have got to the final without him, so your point is irrelevant.

All by himself? No. Need to stop exaggerating his impact on this team, he's been part of plenty of abysmal performances so he's not some magical player that transforms the team whenever he pays

9 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

All by himself? No. Need to stop exaggerating his impact on this team, he's been part of plenty of abysmal performances so he's not some magical player that transforms the team whenever he pays

We win a lot more games with him than without him though.

13 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

go and check the records with him and without him.  It's not some enormous coincidence.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when , on a Forest break to their right. Gomez was much closer to the ball and could have got there first, but was looking the other way so just jogged away from it, and the Forest player got there first. Sorry if it’s already been discussed but I just want clarification I wasn’t imagining it.

5 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ruined weekend? Not anymore for me, the result has gone, the game will be totally for me soon.

I agree. Used to throw shit around the living room, cursing like a mofo. Scaring childrens and wife along the way. Was like that against City last week. For me it`s the commitment I guess. The last few years under Klopp have been magnificent. Getting boiled up and cursing at everyone from our own to especially the bald City cunt. It`s like when the kids see him on the telly they call him things that wouldn`t be kosher out in the world. 

Alot of our players have completely turned it in mentally. Only a few have the stomach to run those extra yards in “normal” games. That`s why I like Elliott and Carvalho, they work their ass  off trying to impress. They are not ready to carry a team wanting to qualify for the CL let alone a team that was from the start of the season supposed to Challenge for the title.

But seing Gomez keep fucking up at CB again and again, gets old really quick. Looking at our so called captain refusing to even pretend to commit to a fifty/fifty at least he used bark,point and even sometimes squaring up to an opponent. Always had a laugh at that, as pomade hair would run in an instant there was achance his hair could get touched. Fabinho looking like he is about 85 and smoking weed all dag considering his motoring skills these days. The list goes on

Just taken a laizzes faire attitude to them. Most of them know that Klopp will not boot them out except if they mess up on teamrules. The old Liverpool way of two in, two out to keep things fresh is way to late for this squad. I guess two in/ two out won`t cover the modern day squad. 3 maybe. Having competion for a spot is good, but when half the team out, and your competion from certain squad players is not there or a walking joke. It`s easy to switch off when a on paper sure win comes along.

Show some heart at least.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when , on a Forest break to their right. Gomez was much closer to the ball and could have got there first, but was looking the other way so just jogged away from it, and the Forest player got there first. Sorry if it’s already been discussed but I just want clarification I wasn’t imagining it.

No, that did happen and I was flabbergasted by that and how he arrived at that decision. But then again Joe does have several brain farts in him.

• Upvote 1

Don't know where to start with that game. On another day we could have had three or four, yet we were awful with little or no cohesion and being honest and it kills me to say this, but our spirit looks shot to shit right now.

Big players in Virgil and Fabinbo (especially Fab) who look like a fifth of the players they were. Whether Mo is getting shit service or not, he looks a shadow of the player he was. Yeah he looked class against City, but too often he hasn't delivered this season. There are many others. I want to give them the benefit that they can turn it around because those lads deserve that belief from us, but I can't help but think we need a serious overhaul rather than a gradual one and with our shrewd owners that concerns the shit out of us. FSG do some things very well, but giving us the 200 million we need to get us back to being brilliant is very unlikely to happen. Two years ago, you felt that we would be okay the following season when we got everyone back. Now, I just think thank God we have Jurgen.

In an ideal world, we sign Caicedo in January and get lads back in the coming months. The world cup is a blessing for us, as all the others will have players going far in the tournament and we will have fuck all. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Freddo said:

We need to accept a season of inconsistent performances. 

That is until we get the players we need to play klopps way which is relentless. Younger legs are desperately needed and the quality needed will cost tens of millions. 

One day we'll look top notch, see city at home, then forest away shows us up for the dross we can be. Such a shame given where we were. 

Howie is right, those players he names are on shit loads of money and shells of what they were. And they won't be shifted either. We need to get ruthless. 

I hope your right- I get the feeling Klopp is signing off

Uh ho. Hope this is just sensationalism by White and not fact at all.

Jurgen Klopp appeared to call out his star centre back Virgil van Dijk for blame as his side slumped to another defeat on the road.

A goal by the former Liverpool trainee Taiwo Awoniyi against his old club was enough to secure the three points which took Nottingham Forest off the bottom of the Premier League and means Liverpool are still without an away win.

Klopp seemed initially bemused as to what had happened but said Liverpool had been the authors of their own misfortune. Not least in failing to take multiple chances to score from set pieces.

Some were kept out by spectacular goalkeeping from Forest’s Dean Henderson but Klopp suggested Virgil Van Dijk’s poorly directed header when played clear by James Milner was the kind of self-inflicted wound that resulted in defeat.  

"I never seen a game where one team has four or five no brainers from a set-piece where we have to finish it off,” Klopp told BT Sport. "Bobby [Firmino] first-half, Virgil two times, three times, you have to put the game to bed because the goal from us is a big mistake."

Virgil van Dijk
Virgil van Dijk had several chances to score for Liverpool Credit: Reuters

Klopp, who revealed that his midfield lynchpin Thiago Alcantara had been obliged to stand down at the last moment after suffering an ear infection, added: “We knew it would be a difficult situation for us, away in Nottingham, Nottingham not in a great situation. 

"It was a super-intense week for us, with super-intense games and we had to change [the team] late. So it was clear that we had to be ready to put a fight in, and the boys did. But how we cannot not score from the set pieces I have no idea. The performance I can explain, the result not really.

"It is intense, eh? Six days, three games, a limited squad where we cannot exactly do a massive change in the centre of the park. The boys really wanted it, we made a fight of it. We cannot come here and just expect to create 20 chances against Nottingham, the way they defended. 

"But we had seven, eight or nine, mostly from set pieces. The biggest chance second half was probably Trent’s header, when we were again completely. It was not that they defended world class and we couldn’t get through. There were moments, but we didn’t use them. It was just us to blame.”

His opposite number Steve Cooper, was more sanguine, reckoning this was a victory for his team of huge symbolic significance. 

“Given the history between the two clubs, you can bet the first fixture the fans were looking for was Liverpool, and to beat them makes a real statement,” Cooper said “But we are nowhere near where we need to be and this will mean nothing if we don’t move on from here. Not just saying things, but doing them. The hard work starts here.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/10/22/jurgen-klopp-slams-virgil-van-dijk-missed-chances-forest-loss/

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

1.  We'd have been miles better today with him.  

2.  You don't know what the problem is.  I suspect it's more serious than you're alluding to.

3.  And just to put you straight, he got us to the CL final, and had he been fit we would have won it.  We couldn't have got to the final without him, so your point is irrelevant.

And his point his irrelevant if he gets us to finals that we then lose with his extraordinary ability to pull out of games at the last minute

If Klopp wants to discuss 'self inflicted wounds' he'd be better off discussing how Gomez failed to control a simple pass with us passing the ball around with zero purpose and them camped in their own half and then after that decidin to execute a shit rugby tackle on a player to give away a free kick that gave them the chance to pump ball into our box....

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

While my point about Forest fans stands, on calmer reflection I’d like to apologise to Red Phoenix for going off on one and calling him a soft cunt. Still seething about the Forest fans though.

No probs, we'd just lost to the side bottom of the league and I was saying I'd have felt sorry for them if they lost 2 points right at the end, partly my own fault anyway. I guess it was my own way of describing how bad we were but I should've realised it might not have been the best time or place to say it, especially with some of the shit some of their fans were singing.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

If Klopp genuinely can't see what is wrong with our midfield then we are in more trouble than we think we are.

Of course he can.  The quote if from July when he was still pretending he could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

The best manager in the world can't see where the problems lie? Behave.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Glad you mentioned that as I thought I was seeing things. I didn't mention it on the pod in case I'd got it wrong, but now I know my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.