You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

For the signing to still be possible, the only scenario that makes sense in the timeline that has run since last week:

Bellingham only wants to come here. We bid approx £80m and were told we'd need to improve the offer to £130m as they feel they can get that in an auction. We said no, we were out, sending the message to journalists immediately. We informed Bellingham's team that we couldn't match Dortmund's valuation. He has told his club that he will stay for another year rather than join anyone else, run his contract down to it's final year, resulting in the price reducing by up to 30%. Dortmund probably had plans for this summer's transfers which are now on hold, so the ball is in their court if they want to reduce the asking price. 

We could have told Bellingham we have £150m for this deal, that's the number he's known about all along and we will save it for next year if needs be, Dortmund want £130m, the agent wants £20m, either play for free or go and get them to make the numbers work. That's not us reneging on a promise to him or even lying to Dortmund, we're officially out of any deal unless the player can get the other 2 to come to arrangement or we revisit next season.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Moo said:

Why would Bellingham want to come here in Summer 24 if we've fucked him off now? He'll move this summer, it'll be for £120m+ to a Manchester team.  Meanwhile we won't spend close to what Bellingham goes for which will demonstrate that it was never on the cards.

I’ve always assumed the reason were in the running is that he wants to play for LFC, as a fan or due to his dads influence (who is a fan), the Gerard connection etc point to this. If he didn’t have that affinity, I think he’d be off to Madrid or Citeh already, for the money, CLs or prem titles. The papers often make it seem like the player has no say on their destination, but of course they do.

So if the above is true, if, then I’m sure we briefed him and had his blessing/support on the ‘we’re out of the running’ messaging, wether as a ploy to reduce his price this year or to get him next season when he’s only a year left on his contract.

Dortmund have no reason to sell and he’s happy there, so not the worst outcome. It’s fingers crossed for me. 

If he stays at Dortmund fuck the bullshit of keeping our powder dry so we can get Bellingham next year. The club has to do serious business this window and in my opinion it needs a marquee signing  it needs a boost, it needs to stop acting like fucking paupers in a rich man's world. Though I like Mount no way on earth is he a star signing he is Robin to someone else's Batman.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If he stays at Dortmund fuck the bullshit of keeping our powder dry so we can get Bellingham next year. The club has to do serious business this window and in my opinion it needs a marquee signing  it needs a boost, it needs to stop acting like fucking paupers in a rich man's world. Though I like Mount no way on earth is he a star signing he is Robin to someone else's Batman.

Milner is Alfred.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

The only thing im surprised about is how publicly stupid the club have made themselves look. 

They've always been utterly stupid cunts but this is a new low for FSG. 

One thing FSG definitely are not is stupid.