You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm gonna try and blag a job in the club's PR department, I reckon it'd be a cracking laugh. 

Monday morning, make a brew, sit down.

"Anfield insiders are staying tight-lipped on claims Liverpool's lack of spending this summer is to help fuel an 11th hour bid for Jude Bellingham NEXT summer after his price has dropped. 

"The club had reined in its spending in the last three transfer windows in order to fund a pursuit of Bellingham this summer. But after conceding defeat, had been expected to use that cash to pursue multiple transfer targets as part of a radical squad overhaul.

"But it is believed that plan has now been abandoned after it was revealed Bellingham is staying at Dortmund for another 12 months which will see his price drop again, making him potentially affordable. 

"In the meantime, new contracts will be offered to James Milner and Curtis Jones, with Dr Richard Steadman, Miles Dyson from Cyberdyne Systems and a Native American Shaman being flown in for a consultation with Thiago early in the New Year."

"Claims that Liverpool still won't go for Bellingham next year even after his price drops have been rejected out of hand as 'scaremongering'."  

"In an unrelated note, the official club shop has announced a fresh stock of magic beans alongside Oyvind Leonhardsen ankle straps."

I remember that summer, all the talk was how we needed to build a midfield;- Getting Leonhardsen and Ince seemed good business. Whilst Arsenal were signing Overmars....

14 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Or, we sign some Chelsea players and they actually turn into the new wijnaldum and Henderson, get us back into the top 4 and bellingham fancies coming here again? 

Him not fancying coming here is not the issue. 

27 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They got £72 for Sancho in the same position.

You are right, my post was based on the assumption that the player wants to come to us. 

If he is willing to go to the Mancs of course they will pay more. They paid £90m for McGuire and £85m for Antony. Plus £70m for a 31 year old Casemiro.

I think Klopp held fire last summer as the team had just come off a challenge for the quadruple and he probably had faith we would still be right up there, especially after bringing in the much hyped Nunez. 

Wait for Bellingham- we still have a great side, he will be the icing on the cake to keep us in the mix.

What he couldn't have forseen is how several of our players seemed to age 10 years and the whole ethos suddenly implode.

He's clearly lost faith in some players that he would have backed to the hilt last summer- leading to an enforced change of approach- several players needed- risky strategy bedding in 3or4 players that you need to hit the ground running.

As pointed out, if the money is there, get Bellingham and maybe a bargain somewhere and start the re-build there from solid foundation. A player like Bellingham can transform players around him who lift their own game after shaking off a bit of complacency.

I think Klopp is favouring the other route of wholesale changes- some of this has got to stem from a loss of faith in what we have- some of which he clearly wants shifted, and maybe not just from a playing perspective, but dissenting voices in the dressing room he wants gone    

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I think Klopp held fire last summer as the team had just come off a challenge for the quadruple and he probably had faith we would still be right up there, especially after bringing in the much hyped Nunez. 

Wait for Bellingham- we still have a great side, he will be the icing on the cake to keep us in the mix.

What he couldn't have forseen is how several of our players seemed to age 10 years and the whole ethos suddenly implode.

He's clearly lost faith in some players that he would have backed to the hilt last summer- leading to an enforced change of approach- several players needed- risky strategy bedding in 3or4 players that you need to hit the ground running.

As pointed out, if the money is there, get Bellingham and maybe a bargain somewhere and start the re-build there from solid foundation. A player like Bellingham can transform players around him who lift their own game after shaking off a bit of complacency.

I think Klopp is favouring the other route of wholesale changes- some of this has got to stem from a loss of faith in what we have- some of which he clearly wants shifted, and maybe not just from a playing perspective, but dissenting voices in the dressing room he wants gone    

I just don't think we have enough reliable or proven players in midfield to only add Bellingham and a cheap punt in midfield and that is before get onto any needs for elsewhere in squad like Centre Half and maybe Right Back.

So some ITKs say we bid, then all the pack journos say he'll cost too much and we've moved on, now it sounds like his camp are leaking he's happy to stay put for another year.

Can't help but feel this saga will roll on and on, with everyone talking our of both sides of their mouths. At least he's not releasing videos like that knobhead Griezmann.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

The sooner this transfer (likely to Man City, possibly Man Utd) happens the better.  The whole thing has been bullshit so would rather it didn't drag on for 4 months never mind 14.

I don’t think it’s bullshit, I think we were after him so if he does end up at the latter and they pull away from us and are challenging for titles, I’ll think we’ve fucked up and I’ll see my arse.

Gravenberch I am not convinced about. He actually reminds of Naby and Gapko. He's not particularly aggressive in his press or vertical progression. 

He was definitely a promising midfielder but we wouldn't be going near him if he wasn't cut price. Which is a sad indictment on our current state of affairs.

Still have a bunch of broke cunts as owners. Still getting away with it year after year.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Deserves a pod. I'm sure you'll touch it on the Leeds match review.

Deffo a separate one. I can't be arsed to listen to an hour of chat about our pathetic 1-1 draw with a side who should be in the Championship.

Oh and get new guests on. 

15 hours ago, dave u said:

It's been a few days now and I'm still not feeling any better about this whole shitshow.

I'm about 15 pages behind on this thread.... But for what it's worth a buddy of mine (not a red but hears stuff,.I've mentioned him before), says bellinghams family still believe he'll end up here. Can't see it myself, but this lad is usually spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm about 15 pages behind on this thread.... But for what it's worth a buddy of mine (not a red but hears stuff,.I've mentioned him before), says bellinghams family still believe he'll end up here. Can't see it myself, but this lad is usually spot on. 

I can believe it. The outlets reporting he'd rather stay put than be pushed to a side that wasn't right reeked of someone putting it out there for a reason. Call me naive, but I think we're still in the race, but it could end up being next summer.

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I can believe it. The outlets reporting he'd rather stay put than be pushed to a side that wasn't right reeked of someone putting it out there for a reason. Call me naive, but I think we're still in the race, but it could end up being next summer.

Yes, if he stays at Dortmund another year, there's a chance he could end up here next summer when he will only have a year left on his contract and presumably therefore would be cheaper, especially if, as my gut instinct has always been, this is his preferred destination. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. The thing that bothers me a bit about that is that, if it were the case, we'd essentially be deferring a major signing for another year, which presumably would impact on who we buy this summer, again meaning we're "waiting" for another player when we arguably don't have the luxury of waiting.