You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I believe he's going to Man City.

Our only chance is if we get bought out/investment, and soon.  FSG alone would not show the ambition to make this happen.

He doesn't look like a Man City player, he looks like a Jurgen Klopp player. If Pep and Jurgen sat down to design their prototype type players Pep would design  Bernardo Silva and Jurgen would design Bellingham, right down to his personality, all his characteristics are what Klopp dreams of. 

Madrid have Touchemeni, Camavinga and Valverdre, while Bellingham improves them they aren’t desperate for him and I suspect they will save their pennies for another shot at Mbappe.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It was a couple of seasons in The Mid Cheshire Sunday League. Neil,his brother and his family,his Dad Ian was a pro at City,Sheff Wed and Norwich among others,are based in the Manchester area. I knew a lad from Knutsford who ran the team. I was just a 'make up the numbers' player. I was the keeper,mostly.

Decent level that. I played inin the Liverpool Sunday League but just a rag arse in mf , nothing special. I remember Ian Mellor.

8 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

He doesn't look like a Man City player, he looks like a Jurgen Klopp player. If Pep and Jurgen sat down to design their prototype type players Pep would design  Bernardo Silva and Jurgen would design Bellingham, right down to his personality, all his characteristics are what Klopp dreams of. 

Madrid have Touchemeni, Camavinga and Valverdre, while Bellingham improves them they aren’t desperate for him and I suspect they will save their pennies for another shot at Mbappe.

He looks exactly like a Man City player because of what he will cost.

Haaland did not look like a Man City player.  Grealish did not look like a Man City player.  "Pep" didn't care about that.

8 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

(FSG, Pearce et al. 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)

11 hours ago, an tha said:

If it ends up being case Bellingham is the only midfielder we add between now and the start of next season/the end of the summer window, then IMO we won't have done enough and we'll still be in trouble in midfield.

We need more than that quite a bit more too.

It would be difficult enough just to get Bellingham, anything else would probably be a gamble in the Arthur Melo category.

1 hour ago, Bellflower said:

Thought this all along, BUT

Is this an FSG deal sweetener ?

Although unrealistic, I’ve thought how much of the £3/4bn valuation is down to Klopp? 

Surely a decent % of that valuation is down to Klopp. Would we be worth £3bn if we’d still be treading water & scraping for the top 4 every season? 

It would be nice if FSG showed their gratitude to Klopp for increasing the value of their asset by giving him a huge % of the investment to keep us competitive.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although unrealistic, I’ve thought how much of the £3/4bn valuation is down to Klopp? 

Surely a decent % of that valuation is down to Klopp. Would we be worth £3bn if we’d still be treading water & scraping for the top 4 every season? 

It would be nice if FSG showed their gratitude to Klopp for increasing the value of their asset by giving him a huge % of the investment to keep us competitive.

Here's an article on the subject

https://variances.eu/?p=6133#:~:text=Football clubs are generally valued,to 3 times the income.

Or this

https://theathletic.com/3068619/2022/11/22/how-do-you-value-a-football-club/

• Thanks 1