You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Can't wait for him to sign for us and then be injured regularly. 

In all seriousness, if we blow two or three windows worth on one player, that is a huge fucking risk. Especially given our record with midfielders.

2 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Absolutely sick of his relentless positivity, sometimes you have to be realistic.

If Bellingham signed a Keita-style pre-contract deal with us in January, the rest of this season would be watched from behind the collective sofa.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Klopp should just tell them to sign Bellingham… “We’ve had to save over a couple of windows to ensure we could afford him,  we’ve opted for a long term signing rather than a quicker fix of 3/4 players in the £30/40m range and we’ve likely done this at the detriment of the sides performance this season to ensure future success”.

Then he should finish it with a really shitty line of “Maybe if we’d got another couple of partners , like a non-existent crypto betting company sponsor or a state sponsored winter break tour or a state owned airline to invest in us, then maybe I would have gotten less questions”. 

I don't think Klopp will give a toss what the journos think and why should he.

Even then, we could spend £250m and he wouldn't look like a hypocrite, especially if someone invests £300m in the club. 

Our net spend has been what? £27m a year on average for the last 10 years?

The owners knew this day was coming and the big question was always about what they would do when it arrived. Thankfully they are looking for investment. 

It feels more and more like Klopp had the discussions with the club ahead of signing his contract about what their intentions were and it feels the answer was to compete or leave and get someone in that would.

We seem to be going all in for Bellingham and I think there will be at least another midfielder brought in and he will be backed.

I don't see the point of selling a minority or majority stake otherwise. For me, it's looking much more positive than it has for quite a while. The only concerns are selling the club to Saudi/Qatar which I am dead against, replacing Ward and Graham appropriately and whether we can fight off the other clubs for the players we want. 

• Upvote 1

Is there only me who thinks that he doesn't justify the hype?

I like him. 

I like the fact that he is nineteen and yet very mature. He is very versatile. I like that he can play 10; he can play 8; he could probs do a job at 4. 

But he is not outrageously good.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I like him. 

I like the fact that he is nineteen and yet very mature. He is very versatile. I like that he can play 10; he can play 8; he could probs do a job at 4. 

I think he's bang average. 

I won't pretend and say I've seen him play week in, week out due dortmund. 

But I've watched him maybe 4-5 times for England, and I've yet to see him do one thing that made me say, "Holy shit, he's some player". 

I've actually slated declan rice, and in all honesty, from what I've saw from England games only, rice is twice the player bellingham is, yet I wouldnt want us to sign Rice in a month of Sundays 

I've only seen a little of him, so may be well wide of the mark. But... 

I think he looks really good. Especially for his age. But he looks like the best of recent English midfielders - another one who can't control midfield. 

The next Modric is the dream (and the money we're talking suggests something truly special). To me, though, he looks more like the next Lampard or (God forbid) Dele Alli.

10 hours ago, Jennings said:

I like him. 

youve just said that he can play 3 different roles at international level at the age of 19 and also said he’s not outrageously good.

your expectations need realigning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

He’s an excellent player no doubt, but not one to break the bank for in my view. 80 million tops.

I'm not being a smart arse, but what does he do, in your opinion, that warrants that price tag? 

All I can think, is that the talent pool of top midfielders in world football must be at its lowest ebb ever, if 80-100 million buys you jude bellingham. 

Fuck me how much would Gerrard have been worth now a days