You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

Is eyeing further along the line than monitoring? Does this mean we are currently preparing a bid? Or does it mean we are about to swoop? Is the transfer war chest even available right now or is it safely stowed on John Henry's yacht?

We really need a defined scale to show what stage along the transfer trail we are.

Although at Liverpool we'll need an additional step that branches off which other teams don't have in order to cover if something has been Pearced or not. 

51 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Is eyeing further along the line than monitoring? Does this mean we are currently preparing a bid? Or does it mean we are about to swoop? Is the transfer war chest even available right now or is it safely stowed on John Henry's yacht?

We really need a defined scale to show what stage along the transfer trail we are.

Although at Liverpool we'll need an additional step that branches off which other teams don't have in order to cover if something has been Pearced or not. 

Surely one would eye before one monitors?

You can eye whilst monitoring then you can eye a swoop. Eyeing a swoop doesn't necessarily equate to a bid being made, more contemplating the possibility. So I would say we are in the eyeing a swoop phase, which is definitely beyond the monitoring phase.

The most pertinent question is once eyeing a swoop has been completed, is a bid made immediately or is there another phase. The next phase is most likely where we will be next. Maybe the leaning wall is spoken to, a la Dragon's Den?

Liverpool are inching closer to the sensational signing of Jude Bellingham, with a report outlining how the Borussia Dortmund midfielder could arrive at Anfield much sooner than initially expected.

Jurgen Klopp’s side came close to winning an unprecedented quadruple last time out. Ultimately, however, they were forced to miss out on the two biggest prizes, with both the Premier League and Champions League eluding them. But they proved themselves hungry to go at least one better in 2022/23 by lifting the Community Shield for the first time under Klopp.

That win saw club-record signing Darwin Nunez grabbing the headlines. He scored one and made another as the Reds proved too strong for Pep Guardiola’s side. Now one pundit has outlined exactly how Nunez will transform Liverpool’s fortunes this season.

His £85m signing was soon proceded by a deal for Fulham teenager Fabio Carvalho. Since then, teenage full-back Calvin Ramsay has also been brought in from Aberdeen.

Seen as signings for the present and future, Carvalho and Ramsay are widely reported to be Liverpool’s first and last new arrivals of the window.

However, one position that they have failed to strengthen in is central midfield. The Reds tried to sign Aurelien Tchouameni, only to see Real Madrid beat them to the punch.

As such – and coupled with the capture of Nunez – it seems unlikely Liverpool will strengthen their midfield this summer.

However, Football Insider says otherwise. And they claim a sensational move to bring Bellingham to Anfield is gathering serious pace.

He has been linked with Liverpool for some time, though any deal for Bellingham is widely reported to go through in summer 2023.

However, Football Insider believe a deal for Bellingham is closing in and that Liverpool are confident of soon reaching an agreement.

They state talks are ongoing for the 19-year-old and an pre-agreement is close that will bring him to Anfield in January.

And while they admit that a move in summer 2023 appears more likely, Reds officials want the move done sooner and in the winter window.

Jude Bellingham, Borussia Dortmund midfielder, during UEFA Europe League, Signal Iduna Park, Borussia Dortmund vs Glasgow Rangers

As such, the Merseysiders are working hard behind the scenes to secure an arrangement with Dortmund.

They reckon there is a renewed belief at Anfield that a deal can be struck with more talks scheduled this week.

Liverpool have a history for announcing blockbuster signings a year early.

It was a trick they did with Naby Keita, announcing his signing in August 2017. However, the move for the Guinean did not officially go through until the following July.

Klopp has been linked though with Bellingham for some time. To that end, talks about his potential signing were gathering pace back in June.

The Reds boss, however, has been adamant that they have no need to strengthen their midfield this summer.

Despite James Milner approaching what will surely be his last season, the likes of Jordan Henderson and Thiago are now both the wrong side of 30.

However, Klopp insists midfield is a position Liverpool are very well stocked for.

Speaking earlier this month, he was adamant they won’t be making any additions there.

He said: “I don’t understand. I do not understand.

“People told me about this discussion, but the last thing that would have crossed my mind is that we have to [sign a midfielder]. I know all these things, that we don’t score enough goals from midfield, this and that. But what do we want? This ‘Golden Cow’ that is producing absolutely everything, milk as well!

“We can go through it. Where do you want to start? So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing? One who is offensive, 1.95m and arrives into the box to head balls in? OK, apart from that!”

Meanwhile, Jamie Carragher is also firmly behind suggestions that Liverpool could sign Bellingham. Revealing his admiration for the teenager, Carragher has explained how Jude Bellingham can become the Premier League’s No 1 star were he to sign for the Merseysiders.

Liverpool confident of agreeing Bellingham deal after latest - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

• 4 months later...

Jude Bellingham comically hit back at a journalist after being asked if he's interested in leaving Borussia Dortmund for Liverpool.

Bellingham, 19, is heavily linked with a move to Anfield after a two-and-a-half impressive seasons in the Bundesliga. The teenager's outstanding form at club level saw him earn a spot in Gareth Southgate's England team for the World Cup in Qatar.

The former Birmingham City midfielder has continued to flourish on the biggest international stage of them all. He was superb in England's 3-0 win over Senegal on Sunday night, and those Liverpool rumours will continue to surround him for some time yet.

Bellingham was asked about Liverpool while speaking alongside Reds captain Jordan Henderson in the media's mixed zone. Henderson, who was assisted by Bellingham on Sunday night, was full of praise for the teenager during his encounter with the press.

"I've said it many of times, he's a one-off and we need to let him enjoy playing football," Henderson said of Bellingham. "He's only 19, so let him enjoy playing football. He's been incredible in this tournament, but [also] for a long period of time now at Dortmund.

"He's carried it [his form] into this tournament and hopefully he can just keep going from strength to strength, keep working, keep doing the things he's doing and being a big player for England."

Jude Bellingham has been one of England's star players at the World Cup
Jude Bellingham has been one of England's star players at the World Cup© Getty Images

At that point, a journalist asked Bellingham about joining Liverpool in the future. Henderson laughed before Bellingham smiled and jokingly replied: "You've ruined it for all them [journalists] - you've ruined it man!"

Bellingham's links with Liverpool have grown during the World Cup due to him hanging around with Henderson and fellow Reds star Trent Alexander-Arnold. The bond between Bellingham and Henderson was apparent after the latter's goal on Sunday night.

Bellingham was cornered by a fan at England's team headquarters after the Senegal win and was told he was the best central midfielder in the world. The youngster shook his head in disagreement and pointed at Henderson to say he was instead.

The fan then told Bellingham to join Real Madrid, to which Henderson replied: "No, not Real Madrid." The supporter followed that up by telling Bellingham he would win the Ballon d'Or if he joined Los Blancos, to which the youngster simply replied: "We'll see."

Henderson would love to play alongside Bellingham next season, although Liverpool will find it difficult to win the transfer battle ahead of Real. It's believed Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are also in the hunt for the midfielder's signature.

Bellingham's stock will rise further if England beat France in their World Cup quarter-final on Saturday night. The Three Lions will be the underdogs at Al Bayt Stadium thanks to Kylian Mbappe, who's already scored five goals in the tournament.

On 26/07/2022 at 08:41, Chairman Meow said:

I'll cut to the chase.

2Q==(4).jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t even think it’ll be about the fee. He may well want to play for Liverpool but he’d be stupid to sign for us when he could earn at least double the wages at City or Madrid and guarantee himself medals. 

True but he doesn't strike me as that kind of person. He probably knows it's inevitable he will end up at somewhere like Madrid so might want to learn under Klopp at the home of his childhood hero. I'm clutching I know. 

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

FjSTvVSXgAY_sVa.jpg

I’m sure Neville and his fellow mancs never behaved like that. Ever. 

I’d hardly say we’re being sneaky. I don’t think we could be more blatant.

We seem to be Harry Styles, Bellingham is Olivia Wilde and Dortmund are Jason Sudekis. Let’s just hope are actually Harry Styles to Man City’s Florence Pugh and not the other way round. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Remind me again how the mancs tempted Rooney to join?  

To be fair, to persuade him to leave Everton, would hardly have been a difficult sales pitch. 

“You’ve just finished 17th, you want to come and challenge for every trophy?”.

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d hardly say we’re being sneaky. I don’t think we could be more blatant.

We seem to be Harry Styles, Bellingham is Olivia Wilde and Dortmund are Jason Sudekis. Let’s just hope are actually Harry Styles to Man City’s Florence Pugh and not the other way round. 

You should write for Heat magazine

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He admitted recently that he even tried to convince Gerrard to join United!

Had a look on Bluemoon forum today and somebody is claiming that Bellingham has agreed to join City. 

What a vile forum that place is!