You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

We are after Jobe too.

I’d heard that from a lad who sits next to us in the ground, he had heard we were signing both of them in January, it was the tried and tested “from a friend who’s a friend of the Bellinghams” scenario, but the lad does come from Brum and he’s not the hysterical fanny type.

Would be very interesting if that happened!

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I actually saw him play live when he was at Leganes. It was a cup game against a third tier side.

He looked shite.

Simon Kuper’s book on Barcelona is excellent. Goes from Cruyff’s arrival right up to this year. The financial ruination that that Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann deals wreaked is brilliantly set out, hence subsequent signings like Braithwaite. I’d highly recommend it anyway - great writer, great subject.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I’d heard that from a lad who sits next to us in the ground, he had heard we were signing both of them in January, it was the tried and tested “from a friend who’s a friend of the Bellinghams” scenario, but the lad does come from Brum and he’s not the hysterical fanny type.

It's a done deal then.

3 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Best set of brothers since we had Rush and Aldridge together.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Simon Kuper’s book on Barcelona is excellent. Goes from Cruyff’s arrival right up to this year. The financial ruination that that Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann deals wreaked is brilliantly set out, hence subsequent signings like Braithwaite. I’d highly recommend it anyway - great writer, great subject.

Yeah, Why England Lose and Football Against the Enemy were ace. He's good, Kuper.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Best set of brothers since we had Rush and Aldridge together.

Or Gerrard and Neil Mellor.*

* According to Mrs VI anyway.

I actually played Sunday League footy with Neil Mellor's brother and he was better than Neil,IMO. But two cruciate operations decided for him that a semi pro career was all he was going to have.

21 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Bellinghams younger brother, Jobe, is allegedly a better prospect than Jude.

Maybe we’ve been looking at the wrong one.

Does that come from Birmingham City themselves, trying to flog his brother for big money like his brother?

I havent heard too much about Jobe, so i have no idea, however, Jude was dominating youth games and was well known from a young age. Jobe seems to be known more for being his brother at this stage

Just now, John102 said:

Does that come from Birmingham City themselves, trying to flog his brother for big money like his brother?

I havent heard too much about Jobe, so i have no idea, however, Jude was dominating youth games and was well known from a young age. Jobe seems to be known more for being his brother at this stage

The lad who sits next to me in the ground, who supplied the info in the first place, was who said Jobe is rated a better prospect than his brother by people at Birmingham.

Don’t know myself to be honest, there’s a bit about him if you search Google, but then, there’s likely a bit about anyone in Google if you put a search in.

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

All of his football writing is excellent. He was brought up over here in Leiden.

12 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

If this comes off the tribute should be for Shooter, never doubted him for a minute.

If it doesn't can we all drag him out of wherever he'll be hiding and parade him through the streets?

[refusing to believe we'll sign him until after his first game for us]

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Or Gerrard and Neil Mellor.*

* According to Mrs VI anyway.

I actually played Sunday League footy with Neil Mellor's brother and he was better than Neil,IMO. But two cruciate operations decided for him that a semi pro career was all he was going to have.

Which league did you play in? Was it the Liverpool Sunday League ?