You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Wed 16th Mar 2022 (8:15pm)

Trumo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reds are coming up the hill, boys. They all laugh at us, they all mock at us, they all say our days are numbered. You what?

I dont care Sadio was pants all the 2nd half and Jota will be pissed off at getting subbed after he scored. Except he wont be because the team spirit is fucking fantastic.

I dont care that Trent looked shit scared of Martinelli who had him in his pocket virtually all game.

I dont care that Mo sat on the bench until after the 2nd half started. I dont care because we fucking won and 'that's what Champions do!' thank you very much!

The first half arsenal battled well and didnt let us have any time or space on the ball. Despite that, they didnt lay a glove on us and their best chance came in the 2nd half when Thiago played a lazy arsed ball back to Alli without looking. Only Lacazette ran onto the ball and in the melee, Alli got his arm in the way to push the ball over the bar.

In truth, we didnt create anything in the first half either. Sadio clearly pissed off the ref throwing himself to the ground needlessly on one too many occasions making the ref ignore the times he was actually fouled waving play on. Sort it out Sadio. It does no one any good.

The 2nd half was a lot different. Sadio ran onto a ball to put it in the net within a couple of minutes of the restart. Unfortunately he'd just strayed offside and the goal was chalked off. And that was just about Sadio's night done in my view as he didnt do anything after that.

It seemed Jurgen had seen enough of the stalemate and Mo and Bobby got stripped off to come on. Before they could, Jota had slammed the ball into the net from a sharp angle to give us the lead. Whether he wellied it as hard as he could because he knew he was coming off or he was just putting his laces through it anyway, I dont know but he certainly finished it off.

arsenal must be pissed off with him scoring against them though. Hopefully, this is Jota returning to form having been out of sorts from his ankle injury, just in time for the run in!

The tv crew said my mate Ramsden, Ramsdale should have saved it because he got a hand to it. Obviously these two havent seen some of the Mighty Emlyn's thunderbolts that keepers got their hand to but couldnt keep it out.

Yeah, if Jota had placed it without power and Ramsdale had got a hand to it but not kept it out, they'd have a point but when the ball is hit that hard, no keeper is turning it.

Jota only had time to finish celebrating the goal and he was replaced along with Diaz by Mo and Bobby. And what a substitution it was! arsenal tried to clear the ball in the box but too many yellow shirts closed them down. The next time the ball came across the box Bobby darted in front of Ramsdale to angle the ball into the net. 2-0.

Bobby loved that one and celebrated with the fans. I hope the guy who had hold of Bobby had brushed his teeth and hadnt eaten any garlic because he was right in Bobby's face!

Since when has going to celebrate a goal with the fans been a bookable offence? Supposedly booked for 'going into the crowd'? The fuck? Marriner just loves carding our boys, doesnt he?

All that was missing by the final whistle was a 3rd goal for us. Although Martinelli took Trent to the cleaners, they never threatened us after that 2nd goal.

That game might not have been the prettiest to watch from start to finish but arsenal were hard done to lose to city recently yet didnt get the better of us. The 2nd half was much, much better.

We're on a magnificent run and if that city cunt would rather be in city's position even now, then good luck to him.

MoTM is hard. Neville gave it to Joel and it's hard to argue against it even though Virgil, Fab and Hendo played as good a game. All in all, I think Fab just shades it but it's very, very close.

The reds are coming up the hill, boys!

• Upvote 3

Kudos to Matip as well. Making him MOTM wasn't going to make Joel turn up for something as childishly trivial as a post-match interview. 'You're MOTM, Joel'. 'Oh. How very amusing. I will be sending out Thiago and the Scottish fellow as my representatives. Now please go'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Martinelli obsession is always bizarre. He's talented, but it's pretty much always all fart no poo. 5 goals this season. Incredible. And it's not like we'll ever buy him.

Haha. You’re just fishing now. You know as well as I do that his stats would spiral with us. If we had a major departure, we’d definitely be interested.

Just like Inter, that was the best Arsenal could offer, and we handled it with ease. That back 4, with Fabinho in front and Ali behind is the best in the world.

The front 3 that started produced the worst performance of any front 3 we've had in years.

Mane was awful. As was Jota, while Diaz was anonymous.

And we won it comfortably, against the most in-form team,  bar us.

In their back yard.

When the pressure was on us to close the gap.

This was a proper big boys performance.

As for the Arsenal love in. Context, people. They get a full week's rest before each game, with no injuries, no European travel, and no pressure to achieve.

Let's see what happens to them next season when they're in Europe, and there's a bit nore expectation on them.

• Upvote 11

46 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

You're not going to let it go. That's clear. But you're just ignoring my point. Even though it's a foul, most refs won't give it when a player goes over like that. You can ignore that fact for ever if you like but it's not going to change reality. And what follows from that is that it's pretty much open season for clattering into Mane for the rest of the game. It happens in so many games these days it's ridiculous. So fixate on what we don't actually disagree on for as long as you like. Why does Mane get such crap treatment from refs? My answer's clearer than yours, whether you like it or not.

Cool story, bro.

In which chapter do you shut the fuck up?

I never watch on Sky, especially when the twat twins are on commentary, but immediately switched over afterwards, and they replayed the goal action, and for Bobby's goal, that "and it's two" delivered so dead and emotionless, and with pain coursing through his veins, was as good as another goal to me.

Firstly, that save from Ali was incredible, just making himself as big as possible, with a very small percentage chance of keeping it out. But he did, and Carra's point of it being looked back upon as a key moment if we win the league, is spot on (as much as I dislike giving him credit for all the crap he spouts on Sky)

Thiago quickly transformed from almost zero to hero with a magnificent threaded ball to Jota for the first. The man just loves scoring against Arsenal. I have to admit I thought it had gone behind, and it took me a second or two to realise it had gone in, because I didn't think there was any way he could beat the keeper on his near post from there, but fair play to Ramsdale for his positioning and jelly hands

Robbo deserves all the plaudits for keeping chasing that ball against the odds and then his pass into Bobby was perfect, knowing how nimble Bobby is with backheels and side flicks, etc.

What a killer it must have been for Arteta and the Arsenal fans as a whole, to see see Jota score and then be subbed to bring on Salah, and Firmino for Diaz. He maybe had his least effective game so far, but there was one moment around the 20 minute mark, in his own half, where he danced around four of theirs, keeping possession as if tied to his boot. He has had and will have more productive games than tonight, but he's well in credit so far.

Another massive result against an in-form and improving opponent in a cauldron of pressure, but they've come through it again, as they keep doing. Heroes, all.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haha. You’re just fishing now. You know as well as I do that his stats would spiral with us. If we had a major departure, we’d definitely be interested.

I'm not fishing. I'm annoyed that Klopp name drops him every time we play them. It's cringe worthy and a bit disrespectful to Arsenal. There's also a negative percent chance they'd ever sell to us and frankly, with the amount people fawn over him, he's becoming overrated.

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Final thought. It’s not working out for Sadio at the moment, but fuck me he works hard.

It was almost something personal with him and Marriner. Gave him sweet fuck all. 

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Great run by Sadio to leave the space for Diogo's goal.

He didn't have his best game, but that little run to get White out of position was key.

Robertson the MOTM for me. Brilliant at both ends of the pitch, relentless attacking and defending. But always in control.

Matip looking like an adult playing in a kids game--shepherding the ball and the opposition around with ease. 

• Upvote 3