You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard again...

cochcaer

Rest assured, this is no wind up. I really mean what I say. You might find it just tosh, but it is still what JustTosh thinks. I'm sorry if I upset you. Your'e right I'm new here, and I didn't know you discussed this last week. I'll have one more go, then I'll rest my case.

In my world Steven has made a sacrifice to stay with us. I think it’s sad and disgraceful he’s not given any credit for that. I may stand alone, but I love him for it, no matter how clumsy he reached his decision.

Let’s say Alonso got an offer from Real Madrid this summer that would double his pay-cheque. Do you really think he would reject? Do you even think he would have any doubts? No? Well, Riise then? No? Baros? Give me one name, except maybe Carra, that would actually turn down an offer like the one Steven got. Please!

If you can’t bare the thought of singing songs to honour our captain, no wonder there’s silence on the stands theses days.

By the way, you acuusing me of being a blue-shite, actually hurts.

Still, cheers to you all 8)

The thing is mate, none of those names you mention are local lads who grew up supporting the team and know exactly what it means to play for LFC.......even though Carra was blue, he knows and Steven should have known too, ESPECIALLY as he is club Captain.

Rest assured, this is no wind up. I really mean what I say. You might find it just tosh, but it is still what JustTosh thinks. I'm sorry if I upset you. Your'e right I'm new here, and I didn't know you discussed this last week. I'll have one more go, then I'll rest my case.

In my world Steven has made a sacrifice to stay with us. I think it’s sad and disgraceful he’s not given any credit for that. I may stand alone, but I love him for it, no matter how clumsy he reached his decision.

Let’s say Alonso got an offer from Real Madrid this summer that would double his pay-cheque. Do you really think he would reject? Do you even think he would have any doubts? No? Well, Riise then? No? Baros? Give me one name, except maybe Carra, that would actually turn down an offer like the one Steven got. Please!

If you can’t bare the thought of singing songs to honour our captain, no wonder there’s silence on the stands theses days.

By the way, you acuusing me of being a blue-shite, actually hurts.

Still, cheers to you all 8)

Whatever.

Welcome to the forum!

All topics and all new posters are welcome, except those kissing "Stevie's" arrogant arse. ;-)

Haje, mate, is there anyway we can get that Clash song, "Should I Stay or Should I GO' whenever a SG thread appears as you scroll through it.

I think, for what it is worth, that if JustTosh feels that way it is admirable, although it may be somewhat naive given the goings-on of the summer. His name should be sung at Anfield.

I think abuse should be saved for those who take, on the pitch, the fans for a ride- ie- Kewell, Heskey, Diuoff. As far as I recollect (Basel withstanding) he's never taken us for a ride on the pitch. Off-pitch dealings, there is a compelling argument. Football and loyalty has changed since the days of Crazy Horse alas, and there will never be a generation of his ilk again. You could say it started with KK in 77.

You demand too much. He turned Chelsea down where 99 of 100 would not, still that's not good enough for you. We've had other locals, Owen, McManaman. Thank god he's not like them.

You are wrong, how many truly world class players would have gone to Chelsea last summer?

Henry? no, Ronaldo? no, Zidane? no, Raul? no, Viera? no.......no World Class player who puts ambition ahead of his bank balance would sign for Chelsea, we found out in the summer that Steven Gerrard is somewhere in the middle....

My old grandfather used to say may as well be hung for sheep as a lamb.

TLW have evolved that saying into may as well be hung BEFORE you've been a sheep or a lamb!!

He tainted his good name in the summer. Big whooopss. He's still ours and is without doubt the best midfielder in the Premier league and I for one am glad.

Yes we'll still be talking about this in the January transfer window and in May and till the end of time (or IF he leaves before then). And why? Because you lot are behaving like a cuckolded husband and can't shut up about the fact that he flirted with Chelsea in the summer.

You know what I hope he does go because then maybe - just maybe - we can SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT STEVEN GERRARD.

I've read a lot about how we didn't appreciate Michael when he played for us and I think there was some truth in that argument. Surely the same can equally applied now to Stevie G. If he reads the forums and I fucking hope he doesn't could you blame him for now saying screw that I'm off to Chelsea to double my money. I wouldn't.

FFS when did we become so bitter.

Honestly, you need to go and read last weeks thread because we're not going over this again.

Is right. My brain's hurting at the prospect of a repeat.

JustTosh, sorry for mistaking you for a blue; but as for the "abuse" you mentioned, steaming in and telling everyone who doesn't agree with you that they're on drugs isn't the best way to introduce yourself.

Like Stu said, go read the thread.

steaming in and telling everyone who doesn't agree with you that they're on drugs isn't the best way to introduce yourself.

As I found on my first day Paul.

Talk about burning bridges. Having your boss asking you what a "smackhead" is meant to look like and enquiring if you understand what a probation period is...not the best start.

ah well, live by the sword, get sacked.

As I found on my first day Paul.

Talk about burning bridges. Having your boss asking you what a "smackhead" is meant to look like and enquiring if you understand what a probation period is...not the best start.

ah well, live by the sword, get sacked.

Intriguing. Tell me more. Did you walk in like you owned the gaff? You've been reading too much of Tom's nonsense on here.

Nah was only joking.

Got lame jokes all day from the retards I work with today because i've read the Bridget Jones books. The fact that i've read hundreds of books and they were recomended to me so I read it (an they are actually pretty good) seemed as irrelevant as an FA cup win to them.

"ha.. but it's a girls book" from a girl!!

"I can't stand anything with Hugh Grant in it so it must be shite" from an idiot who see's casting as an alien concept.

And many other comments. My Brain was constantly repeating "don't stand up and say they are jealous cos they can't read - don't stand up and say they are jealous cos they can't read - don't stand up and say they are jealous cos they can't read -"

"LOOK MATINDRA DON'T BE ALL BITTER JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ OR WRITE!"

"shit"

Is right. My brain's hurting at the prospect of a repeat.

JustTosh, sorry for mistaking you for a blue; but as for the "abuse" you mentioned, steaming in and telling everyone who doesn't agree with you that they're on drugs isn't the best way to introduce yourself.

Like Stu said, go read the thread.

Apology taken. I learned my English listening to Liverpool matches on the radio as a kid. My blood's been red since before I can remember. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry if I did. By the way that drugs thing was a matter of speech, thinking you lot expect a loyalty from our players I wouldn't even dear to dream about.

Maybe it wasn't the best way to introduce myself, didn't know there were so many angry bees in here to sting me. Anyway, I'm just happy you lot liked my song so much. Thanks!

Cheers! :smile: