You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, an tha said:

This country really is chocker with fucking morons...

From the article linked below:

Their biggest dismay was with the UK’s politicians. On Rishi Sunak, the prime minister, they were unsparing, questioning how someone “worth a billion dollars” could understand working people’s concerns. Maria, a support worker, explained she had “broken ranks” in 2019 to vote Tory but under Sunak the party weren’t “looking after ordinary working-class folk”.

They were similarly unimpressed by Sunak’s Labour opponent. While the group expected a Labour victory this year, they dismissed Keir Starmer as “more of the same”, a “Red Tory”. Others thought (mistakenly) that he had defended Jimmy Savile and couldn’t vote for him as a result.

Two politicians did get better reviews. While questioning Boris Johnson’s judgment (“how can you trust someone happy to have Cummings as an adviser?” asked Darron), most shared the view of Maria, who felt that although the former prime minister had been “extremely naughty” she still had a soft spot for him. Lee, a builder, said he was refreshing and that he’d want him “any day” over Sunak.

The other politician to meet the focus group’s approval was Nigel Farage. Jordan felt he was “down to earth” and Emily found it hard to disagree with lots he said. Even Maria, who was disappointed she hadn’t seen the Brexit £350m, said she’d forgive Farage and give him another chance.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2024/jan/12/done-with-labour-and-tories-reform-uk-angry-voters

Refreshing

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Where I am, Kwasi Kwarteng has an 18k majority over the 2nd place Labour candidate. Even though I reckon this will be reduced at the next election, the dopey little Englanders round here will still vote for him. I'll still be voting Labour. You never know.

Words fail me

22 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I can't imagine living somewhere that people want Kwasi Kwarteng to represent them. 

It's weird. Alot of the locals are proper racist, anti-immigrant Daily Mail reading twats, but will still vote for a black MP. It's the old cliché about the blue rosette on a donkey. They'll also grumble about their mortgages and how their nan had to wait in a&e but it'll still be the fault of the foreigners and not the cunts in charge. Thick as shit.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It's weird. Alot of the locals are proper racist, anti-immigrant Daily Mail reading twats, but will still vote for a black MP. It's the old cliché about the blue rosette on a donkey. They'll also grumble about their mortgages and how their nan had to wait in a&e but it'll still be the fault of the foreigners and not the cunts in charge. Thick as shit.

I'm still trying to get my head around people here voting for Geert Wilders. 

46 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

People really are cunts

7 hours ago, cloggypop said:

How bad is it over there, Clog?

I was in Amsterdam recently and spoke to a taxi driver.  He was Muslim and Dutch born and bred.  He was very passionate in telling us about how awful his life is and how racist the Netherlands is.  He said Wilders will just make it even worse for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, razor said:

I was in Amsterdam recently and spoke to a taxi driver.  He was Muslim and Dutch born and bred.  He was very passionate in telling us about how awful his life is and how racist the Netherlands is.  He said Wilders will just make it even worse for him.

Cloggy will let you know when he gets back from the Skrewdriver Revival gig.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, razor said:

I had a similar conversation with one about 10 years ago.

He was Iranian and without a hint of irony said: "I fucking hate the Dutch man they're all racist". Then he tried to run one over.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, razor said:

I hope you never tipped the miserable, buzzkill fucker. 

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

You'll find a few articles from a couple of years ago where that nefarious prick Steve Bannon did a tour of Europe to teach the right wing how to buy an election. 

It's all coming to fruition now. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/06/steve-bannon-far-right-radicalise-europe-trump

• Upvote 1

I am starting to think lab shouldn't win this election as what they will inherit is just an impossible situation.

They'll follow this 'advice' (below) and then be accused at every turn of not making things better and the vermin will return to power in 5 years.

Might as much as it pains me to say be better if the vernin stay in power - the whole shitshow they have created collapses and then they become unelectable for a generation.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/13/watch-out-rachel-reeves-the-old-guard-is-ganging-up-on-your-borrowing-ambitions

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

I am starting to think lab shouldn't win this election as what they will inherit is just an impossible situation.

They'll follow this 'advice' (below) and then be accused at every turn of not making things better and the vermin will return to power in 5 years.

Might as much as it pains me to say be better if the vernin stay in power - the whole shitshow they have created collapses and then they become unelectable for a generation.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/13/watch-out-rachel-reeves-the-old-guard-is-ganging-up-on-your-borrowing-ambitions

Fuck that. If they win another term, we can kiss goodbye to the nhs and say hello to a neolib wet dream - starting with a bonfire of all workers rights and protections.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Fuck that. If they win another term, we can kiss goodbye to the nhs and say hello to a neolib wet dream - starting with a bonfire of all workers rights and protections.

I'm with you but i just can't see how lab can win (post election) inheriting such a turd and then having the vermin use their machine to make it all labs fault - 'lab have fucked it all up, it has got worse' blah blah blah.

And the ignorant cunts that this country is chocker with will buy it all and return them to power in 5 years anyway for another 15 minimum.

Maybe, just maybe the long game is better for us all and let these cunts have 5 more years and let even the cunts see they are useless as things get even worse and they become umelectable again for a generation and Lab can come in and be given proper time to clean up the mess and improve things.

Sounds horrible i know but i am just thinking out loud...

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I'm with you but i just can't see how lab can win (post election) inheriting such a turd and then having the vermin use their machine to make it all labs fault - 'lab have fucked it all up, it has got worse' blah blah blah.

And the ignorant cunts that this country is chocker with will buy it all and return them to power in 5 years anyway for another 15 minimum.

Maybe, just maybe the long game is better for us all and let these cunts have 5 more years and let even the cunts see they are useless as things get even worse and they become umelectable again for a generation and Lab can come in and be given proper time to clean up the mess and improve things.

Sounds horrible i know but i am just thinking out loud...

e099a374-e053-426c-8ee0-0dcf8d991360_tex

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I had a similar conversation with one about 10 years ago.

He was Iranian and without a hint of irony said: "I fucking hate the Dutch man they're all racist". Then he tried to run one over.

Fuck you Section. Having to explain to her why I'm pissing myself knowing full well she wouldn't see the humour is a chore I can't be arsed with on a Saturday evening. 

19 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I'm still trying to get my head around people who aren't landed gentry voting Conservative 

• Upvote 1