You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Navy is having a recruitment crisis apparently, as someone who was told by a Navy careers officer at the age of 16 'don't bother trying to join as an officer, you'll struggle with your scouse accent', I say 'fuck you!' 

Yeah happy for you to man the AA guns but you pronounced a word differently so you’ll never get your head round the finer points of naval command. 

23 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think cowardly is a little harsh. I know from the Greens point of view a lot of it's down to cost.

It's not a little harsh, it's Funnneee being his usual cunt self and posting outright lies.

He thinks votes for Lib Dems and Greens are votes stolen from Labour. He is not an objective person here. The Lib Dems have literally taken legal action against BBC and ITV for excluding them from TV coverage, and I'm sure the Greens are no more enthused about being ignored by mainstream media than we are.

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It's not a little harsh, it's Funnneee being his usual cunt self and posting outright lies.

He thinks votes for Lib Dems and Greens are votes stolen from Labour. He is not an objective person here. The Lib Dems have literally taken legal action against BBC and ITV for excluding them from TV coverage, and I'm sure the Greens are no more enthused about being ignored by mainstream media than we are.

I'll be fair mate I didn't take it that way.

I suppose it could be a stolen vote in a marginal, but I'm not in a marginal so I can vote my conscience.

Didn't know about the LD legal action over the lack of coverage, and I do find it laughable that the UKIP/ Reform bellends are on the likes of QT regularly, whereas you barely see a green.

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

spot on.

Its kind of ironic they paint the "left" as thin skinned snowflakes,yet hardly an hour goes by when the daily mail,gb news are not outraged by something.

What's even more mental is they make things up for even more outrage. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I suppose it could be a stolen vote in a marginal, but I'm not in a marginal so I can vote my conscience.

Didn't know about the LD legal action over the lack of coverage, and I do find it laughable that the UKIP/ Reform bellends are on the likes of QT regularly, whereas you barely see a green.

Think tanks too.

"Jesabel Cunt from the institute for economic cuntery" 26-year- old Middle class bum who couldn't get a proper job, so is paid by non dom billionaire psychopaths to peddle their agenda with her accentless prattle.

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

how many times was frog face on QT again?

'Going through the YouGov MRP data to add some tactical squeezing. If just one third of Lab-LD-Grn voters in England and Wales vote tactically for the strongest party, the result changes to:

Con 69 (-100 on MRP)
Lab 463 (+78)
LD 70 (+22)
Nat 28
Grn 1

If you increase the tactical voting rate to 50% of progressive voters - probably a bit high - then we really are talking Canada 93-level stuff.

Con 24 (-145 on MRP)
Lab 502 (+117)
LD 76 (+28)
Nat 28
Grn 1

For those interested, the 24 remaining Con seats are: Beaconsfield, Boston, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Christchurch, Clacton, Exmouth, Gainsborough, Kingswinford, Louth, Maldon, NE Cambs, NW Essex, Rayleigh, Richmond (Yorks), South Holland, S Shropshire, Weald of Kent, Wetherby, Berwickshire, Aberdeenshire N, Dumfriesshire, and Gordon.'

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Maybe just maybe the majority of the British public have seen through the lies and corruption and are ready to Turf these fucking parasites out on their ear , at least that's what I'm hoping. 

Nope it's because; their house prices have stopped rocketing up; they've noticed the weekly shop costs a bit more and 'the government' were partying during lock down while they couldn't get out for a tea and cake at the garden centre.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh Gillian Keegan losing her seat would be lovely. Runs Joey Barton close for Huyton's biggest twat!

Keegan seems to be able to continuously make snide inferences about the parents of disabled children, so, yes it would be mildly entertaining to see her ejected.

11 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Keegan seems to be able to continuously make snide inferences about the parents of disabled children, so, yes it would be mildly entertaining to see her ejected.

Are these the recent comments you’re referring to?

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/07/councils-scapegoat-parents-disabled-vulnerable-children-support

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

My youngest Grandchild is in this position.

He has Downs Syndrome, is non verbal, doesn't sleep, has refused solid food all his life and is still in nappies.

He'll be five in June and has been let down by the education system and the NHS from day one.

His parents, my lad and his Mum are no longer together (not my lad's fault) but they have both fought his corner constantly to no avail.

Kids like my Grandson don't need mainstream education, they need to be taught how to function, how to live, but the system just kicks them into the long grass with no regard.

These kids will one day become adults and they don't stand a fucking chance.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My youngest Grandchild is in this position.

He has Downs Syndrome, is non verbal, doesn't sleep, has refused solid food all his life and is still in nappies.

He'll be five in June and has been let down by the education system and the NHS from day one.

His parents, my lad and his Mum are no longer together (not my lad's fault) but they have both fought his corner constantly to no avail.

Kids like my Grandson don't need mainstream education, they need to be taught how to function, how to live, but the system just kicks them into the long grass with no regard.

These kids will one day become adults and they don't stand a fucking chance.

I remember you mentioning this mate. It’s an awful situation, and it would take its toll on anyone. 

By me the council’s children services has been in special measures for years, and rated as making inadequate progress.

There’s a campaign group that has formed to pressure the council. 

My friend has a son with autism and she’s basically single handedly pushed him through school with next to no support. 

Hope your grandson gets something set up soon. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I remember you mentioning this mate. It’s an awful situation, and it would take its toll on anyone. 

By me the council’s children services has been in special measures for years, and rated as making inadequate progress.

There’s a campaign group that has formed to pressure the council. 

My friend has a son with autism and she’s basically single handedly pushed him through school with next to no support. 

Hope your grandson gets something set up soon. 

He has autism as well, quite severe. 

He's currently in a mainstream school. The staff there are doing their best and their efforts can't be faulted but they aren't trained to deal with kids like him.

He's in reception at the moment but won't be starting school proper in September, he'll be staying in reception.

He's very strong already and I worry about the other kids especially with him being bigger as he has no social skills. He's in his own world.

My daughter is a teacher in an SEN school  local to us that could really help him but he can't go there without a a EHCP and spaces are limited.

His needs are obvious but the system is failing him. It's criminally negligent.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

He has autism as well, quite severe. 

He's currently in a mainstream school. The staff there are doing their best and their efforts can't be faulted but they aren't trained to deal with kids like him.

He's in reception at the moment but won't be starting school proper in September, he'll be staying in reception.

He's very strong already and I worry about the other kids especially with him being bigger as he has no social skills. He's in his own world.

My daughter is a teacher in an SEN school  local to us that could really help him but he can't go there without a a EHCP and spaces are limited.

His needs are obvious but the system is failing him. It's criminally negligent.

I agree mate it’s already a full time job being a parent of any kid let alone one that requires additional care so parents are left juggling everything and completely stressed out. They obviously don’t consider the human and emotional factor. 

• Upvote 1