You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Apparently schools have been getting starved of money.

My daughter is a teacher at a school for kids with special educational needs that has recently been deemed outstanding by OFSTED. They do amazing work there getting through to kids that can't go to a mainstream school.

They had a burst pipe about 3 weeks ago that caused a lot of damage, carpets, bean bags, iPads, laptops amongst other things including a brand new floor that lifted.

The carpets and flooring was covered by insurance, the laptops, iPads etc weren't and they couldn't get funding to replace them leaving the kids without.

What sort of country is it when staff have to set up a Go Fund Me page to try and raise the money needed to give these kids, all SEN, the tools they need to give them the best chance in life.

It's shameful and it's all on the Tories.

Bastards every one of them.

• Upvote 12

There was a report on the BBC just now with people moaning that their local council has put out a shit tree for Christmas. I missed the end of it, but I really hope it pointed out that councils are skint and can barely afford their statutory duties thanks to 13 years of cut backs. Doubt it though.

On a happier note, who's the bird presenting this morning? I only got a small glimpse of her, but she she looks fit as fuck-

image.png

8 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

My daughter is a teacher at a school for kids with special educational needs that has recently been deemed outstanding by OFSTED. They do amazing work there getting through to kids that can't go to a mainstream school.

They had a burst pipe about 3 weeks ago that caused a lot of damage, carpets, bean bags, iPads, laptops amongst other things including a brand new floor that lifted.

The carpets and flooring was covered by insurance, the laptops, iPads etc weren't and they couldn't get funding to replace them leaving the kids without.

What sort of country is it when staff have to set up a Go Fund Me page to try and raise the money needed to give these kids, all SEN, the tools they need to give them the best chance in life.

It's shameful and it's all on the Tories.

Bastards every one of them.

That's a disgrace mate. 

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

That's a disgrace mate. 

It’s what happens when you award pay rises and tell heads to find the money out of existing budgets repeatedly.

Budgets which are already decimated due to years of underinvestment and budgetary slights of hands are now stretched beyond breaking point.

It’s a genuine wonder that some schools have managed to stay open, let alone provide a provision for the students in their care.

Some truly remarkable people doing remarkable things in the face of unrelenting punching down from the government.

You know what they need, demonising, that’ll do it.

Fuck the Tories. 

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There was a report on the BBC just now with people moaning that their local council has put out a shit tree for Christmas. I missed the end of it, but I really hope it pointed out that councils are skint and can barely afford their statutory duties thanks to 13 years of cut backs. Doubt it though.

On a happier note, who's the bird presenting this morning? I only got a small glimpse of her, but she she looks fit as fuck-

image.png

It’s Luxmy Gopal, formerly of Look North. I’ve flagged her charms on the newsreader thread before. 

I think she fucked the North off in order to present the London version of Look North. Despite her desertion I would still take her to the cinema and hold her hand. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

A Tory MP who accused the gambling regulator of being too “heavy handed” has received more than £8,000 in hospitality and payments from the betting industry this year, including tickets to see Madonna.

Craig Whittaker, the MP for Calder Valley in West Yorkshire, criticised the Gambling Commission in an article for the Conservative Home website last week.

The article was published five weeks after Whittaker attended a Madonna concert courtesy of the industry’s lobby group, the Betting & Gaming Council (BGC).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s what happens when you award pay rises and tell heads to find the money out of existing budgets repeatedly.

Budgets which are already decimated due to years of underinvestment and budgetary slights of hands are now stretched beyond breaking point.

It’s a genuine wonder that some schools have managed to stay open, let alone provide a provision for the students in their care.

Some truly remarkable people doing remarkable things in the face of unrelenting punching down from the government.

You know what they need, demonising, that’ll do it.

Fuck the Tories. 

look at what they did with the school roofs.

I do think many people are aware of just how much they have cut,until it affects them directly.

not a massive fan of hers but this lays out the damage they have done.

Too many pupils miss lessons, says Ofsted, and that’s right. Call it the Michael Gove effect | Polly Toynbee | The Guardian

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

A Tory MP who accused the gambling regulator of being too “heavy handed” has received more than £8,000 in hospitality and payments from the betting industry this year, including tickets to see Madonna.

Craig Whittaker, the MP for Calder Valley in West Yorkshire, criticised the Gambling Commission in an article for the Conservative Home website last week.

The article was published five weeks after Whittaker attended a Madonna concert courtesy of the industry’s lobby group, the Betting & Gaming Council (BGC).

There's a few of them bang at it, Tory and Labour. Its a joke and should be shut down. Lobbying and political donations should be tightly controlled.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

There's a few of them bang at it, Tory and Labour. Its a joke and should be shut down. Lobbying and political donations should be tightly controlled.

the likes of truss and braverman are basically funded by these american right wing mentalists.

definitely needs looking into too but not sure how it would affect union donations?

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ian Hislop attended a committee hearing on standards last year on this subject and holds a few of the committee members to account.

• Upvote 1

Raab acknowledged that it had been a “decisive month” with “actionable evidence” at the time. All of which is said with the “benefit of hindsight”.

He added that Whitehall – another name for the British civil service and government – needed to get better at working in what he called "perpetual beta" - meaning that it was open to constantly refining a plan.

id cheerfully fire this cunt into the sun

On 22/11/2023 at 22:41, Anubis said:

So Sunak’s found a job in Silicon Valley?

I listen to some of the New Statesman podcasts, and in a recent one they were saying that the word on the grapevine is that Sunak has had a job with Google lined up for ages, and that almost as soon as he loses the election he’ll be moving with his family out to his California bolt hole to take up a very senior role.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think he's a bona fide psycho Hancock, he's got all the traits. Right down to the fake crying.

Be interesting to see if he has the minimal awareness to recognise that he was shit as health secretary and kept in his job to take the heat from the inquiry.

• Upvote 1