You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So why all the grief towards people who aren’t wearing them then? 

Because there are loads of cunts who say they don’t have to wear a mask when there is nothing wrong with them (see Laurence Fox), and a lot of people who probably could be excused from wearing them who nevertheless still wear them because it’s a minor inconvenience and they want to act responsibly for others.

15 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Has anyone actually used their NHS Covid pass for anything? I've just been trying to look at mine, but the app is being a bit of a nobhead (possibly because Milli of people are checking it for the first time all at once).

At every single bar, restaurant, shop, in Germany, some places were checking the name on the covid pass matched a form of ID too. 

Also had to show it to get into the Cream festival at the Pier head in September. Although they didn’t take a great deal of notice there. 

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Imagine a family-style Christmas Day meal but with all the forumites forced to spend the afternoon sat round a table together instead. Better than Eastenders.

ad28c4de-fa1c-4c37-82d1-547b9573f2ec-102

This, my sweet, is a copy of the latest Gimp XI, in which you feature prominently. Merry Christmas you wombling fucknugget.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

Ask Usher he fucked up my deletion it would seem. Anyway you fucking voyeur cunt wrongun

So as I side perhaps he could get it right and delete me properly now. 

Wait, you are deleting all your old posts but then posting as a new fella?

Is that like the TLW version of being born again?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Didn't someone spot a gap in the system once and go back and rep a load of their own old posts? 

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Because there are loads of cunts who say they don’t have to wear a mask when there is nothing wrong with them (see Laurence Fox), and a lot of people who probably could be excused from wearing them who nevertheless still wear them because it’s a minor inconvenience and they want to act responsibly for others.

But if the vaccine (I get bringing masks back for the current variant as a short term precautionary measure) still allows transmission but reduces risk, why the need for them? 

And if it is to protect others, who are they protecting? The protect others message at this stage doesn’t quite sit in the same place it did this time nearly two years ago to when the 2nd dose of the vaccine was rolled out.

Is the vaccine not protecting them?

And if it’s about the NHS being overrun, what about all those people that smoke, drink, eat unhealthily and put a strain on the NHS themselves, are they going to be stopped from using those services?

They all have a choice to put their health at risk as well? Why are we looking to restrict access to people who don’t wear masks or get the vaccine? 

Those are also the same services that a lot of us have been paying into from the day we started working. 

What’s the point of vaccine passports for access to places if people who have had the vaccine can still transmit it? So you get to have a choice to share and spread it, but someone without a vaccine doesn’t? How does that work? 

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

But if the vaccine (I get bringing masks back for the current variant as a short term precautionary measure) still allows transmission but reduces risk, why the need for them? 

And if it is to protect others, who are they protecting? The protect others message at this stage doesn’t quite sit in the same place it did this time nearly two years ago to when the 2nd dose of the vaccine was rolled out.

Is the vaccine not protecting them?

And if it’s about the NHS being overrun, what about all those people that smoke, drink, eat unhealthily and put a strain on the NHS themselves, are they going to be stopped from using those services?

They all have a choice to put their health at risk as well? Why are we looking to restrict access to people who don’t wear masks or get the vaccine? 

Those are also the same services that a lot of us have been paying into from the day we started working. 

What’s the point of vaccine passports for access to places if people who have had the vaccine can still transmit it? So you get to have a choice to share and spread it, but someone without a vaccine doesn’t? How does that work? 

vaccines aren't 100% fool proof, so of course masks still help even if it is limited. 

and as for the smoking and drinking aspect, smokers and drinkers contribute pretty well to the running of the NHS with the £20bn per year those products raise in duty each year. 

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

vaccines aren't 100% fool proof, so of course masks still help even if it is limited. 

and as for the smoking and drinking aspect, smokers and drinkers contribute pretty well to the running of the NHS with the £20bn per year those products raise in duty each year. 

That’s why I said understand them as a short term measure. So how long do you try and push a vaccine on someone before you accept that this virus is not going anywhere?

Laughable that second bit Barry. So I’ve not contributed to that £20 billion then? 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Can you not fucking read? Usher did it the golfing fuckwit. He can't even do a deletion properly these days too busy golfing with big wigs. So I think the glitch is if you change names it just deletes the name at the time? who knows foreeeeeeeeee

See the source image

10 minutes ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

Can you not fucking read? 

I got it now. You asked Usher to delete your old posts so you could post under a different name but he only deleted some of your old posts. That is awkward for you - have you pm'd him or sent anything through his letterbox?

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I know it must feel like two years, but it was barely 9 months ago.