You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

See the caveats from Sugar Ape and Rico though, my figure is too crude a measure.

And I think it was not worse than 7% previously but better, since the testing is about the same, with cases up. I think it was around 5-6% before the Omicron spike.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And I think it was not worse than 7% previously but better, since the testing is about the same, with cases up. I think it was around 5-6% before the Omicron spike.

Yeah, looks to be about 5-6% if you do the same calculation around the start of December.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If it remains high in London but less so elsewhere I can see people in other parts of the country largely ignoring any new restrictions.

It's over man. No one who wasn't already, is going to listen to Boris about anything and Biden couldn't persuade a hooker to take a twenty for topping off his seltzer. Other countries will give it the jackboot if they can otherwise they will just ignore it.

Get ready for the told you so's.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's over man. No one who wasn't already, is going to listen to Boris about anything and Biden couldn't persuade a hooker to take a twenty for topping off his seltzer. Other countries will give it the jackboot if they can otherwise they will just ignore it.

Get ready for the told you so's.

There will deffo be a lockdown lite from circa Dec 28 until Jan 14.  

The NHS, the police, ambulance service, teachers, too many isolated is going to be inevitable without an intervention.  

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There will deffo be a lockdown lite from circa Dec 28 until Jan 14.  

The NHS, the police, ambulance service, teachers, too many isolated is going to be inevitable without an intervention.  

It's over man - no one is changing their mind/stance and BoJo can say whatever he wants.

3 hours ago, Simbo said:

All the guidance says the 7 days start from when the symptoms began. So hopefully for your sake that means her isolation ends in time for Xmas? It’s then down to personal judgement whether or not you want to ‘risk’ mixing with others.

But you would have upheld the ‘legal’ side of the bargain.

As I found from checking for myself today, while you have to isolate from symptoms/positive test, your 7/10 day count starts on your 1st full day. So my symptoms started saturday, so day 1 was Sunday 19th. So day 10 would be 28th, so I can get out on 29th. (Subtracting 3 days for these new rules if I am negative on the LFT)

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

106k cases today. That's  a fucking lot

Considering they were pushing scare stories of 2m a day by Christmas, I think that's a fucking result. 

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Breaking news on ITN read by the lovely Lucretia, Omicron is a 'significantly milder disease' than Delta according to new data.

69% less likely to be hospitalised, two jabs protect against hospitalisation.

Lucrezia could tell me that Omicron is 690% stronger and that Salah had signed for the Mancs and I'd probably still smile. 

Ah. Lovely Lucrezia. 

43 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Breaking news on ITN read by the lovely Lucretia, Omicron is a 'significantly milder disease' than Delta according to new data.

69% less likely to be hospitalised, two jabs protect against hospitalisation.

I'm siding with beautiful Lucretia here, if I die I die.