You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Oh thanks for that Donald.

Prison is normally bad, something Donald might find out himself when his ring of protection crumbles. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, A Red said:

So that answers that then

Works both ways.

Although I get that you have a simplistic way of looking at life. Shall we leave it there? Obviously you are bored and thought you'd attempt to put someone on the TLW Tory naughty step. I'm really not arsed about what you have to say when it comes to the political threads. 

59 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I only get my UK politics on here. Reading the past few pages it felt like one in three posts was about the Lib Dems.

They seem to be in a good position now it this election remains as expected to a large extent about Brexit so it's hardly urprising they would use it as their main message and try to turn into an advantage over Labour.

You genuinely think the rest of the forum post about Swinson more often than SD and Rico do about Corbyn?

15 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You genuinely think the rest of the forum post about Swinson more often than SD and Rico do about Corbyn?

I don't have to think, there are posts in the election thread dedicated to Lib Dems, admittedly I didn't compare the ratio with the ration of Rico and SD on Corbyn,

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

there are posts in the election thread dedicated to Lib Dems

How controversial!

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

admittedly I didn't compare the ratio with the ration of Rico and SD on Corbyn,

Think you should venture to the Corbyn thread mate.

33 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Works both ways.

Although I get that you have a simplistic way of looking at life. Shall we leave it there? Obviously you are bored and thought you'd attempt to put someone on the TLW Tory naughty step. I'm really not arsed about what you have to say when it comes to the political threads. 

Yes I do tend to look at things in a simplistic way, just the way I am I guess. 

You said the DUP were bunged money, couldnt back it up, called me pedantic and tried to turn it around by asking me to provide evidence they werent. You know as well as I do the emphasise is on you to back up your accusation. You cant.

The little digs mean fuck all to me, its just the internet. Yeah, i'll leave it there.

I think people are quite rightly worried by the Lib Dem “resurgence” because they offer absolutely zero chance of delivering any of the change this society desperately needs while the looming prospect of them taking enough votes away from labour to prevent them from winning is a very real one. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yes I do tend to look at things in a simplistic way, just the way I am I guess. 

You said the DUP were bunged money, couldnt back it up, called me pedantic and tried to turn it around by asking me to provide evidence they werent. You know as well as I do the emphasise is on you to back up your accusation. You cant.

The little digs mean fuck all to me, its just the internet. Yeah, i'll leave it there.

I already explained that saying the bung was a throwaway comment, a comment made by thousands of people on a daily basis. My comment on you supplying was just a comeback to you jumping on the original comment, kind of easy to play this Internet debating game when your opponent is just picking on comments for the sake of it and with no real depth to start a debate other than cheap shots. In this case it is quite obvious that what the Tories paid out for was to gain the DUP's help in forming a coalition, regardless of where that money will be spent or used. Apart from that I'm a bit of a cynic, i think it is naive to believe that such a vast amount of money would be used for the purpose it was meant in full. Let's be honest here, politicians from all parties have a long record for sticking their nose in the money trough. 

As far as your last sentence goes, something we agree on. I am a bit pissed that you couldn't be arsed using punctuation though. You're a Tory man, you have standards to uphold. Have a nice evening and all that. 

32 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I already explained that saying the bung was a throwaway comment, a comment made by thousands of people on a daily basis. My comment on you supplying was just a comeback to you jumping on the original comment, kind of easy to play this Internet debating game when your opponent is just picking on comments for the sake of it and with no real depth to start a debate other than cheap shots. In this case it is quite obvious that what the Tories paid out for was to gain the DUP's help in forming a coalition, regardless of where that money will be spent or used. Apart from that I'm a bit of a cynic, i think it is naive to believe that such a vast amount of money would be used for the purpose it was meant in full. Let's be honest here, politicians from all parties have a long record for sticking their nose in the money trough. 

As far as your last sentence goes, something we agree on. I am a bit pissed that you couldn't be arsed using punctuation though. You're a Tory man, you have standards to uphold. Have a nice evening and all that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/19/dup-bung-schools-hospitals-northern-ireland

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, viRdjil said:

It will take a few years before similar stories are leaked, tip of the iceberg and all that. Naive to think these fuckers are all on the straight and narrow. probably holding loads of money back for more important things...wink wink

47 minutes ago, moof said:

I think people are quite rightly worried by the Lib Dem “resurgence” because they offer absolutely zero chance of delivering any of the change this society desperately needs while the looming prospect of them taking enough votes away from labour to prevent them from winning is a very real one. 

Our main selling point is preventing the change that most of us agree society definitely doesn't need.

Once that's accomplished we can get on with fixing the rest of it with proportional voting, renewable energy etc

35 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm sorry you feel i'm picking on you. You posted bollocks about the DUP receiving money, said your use of the word "bung" was throwaway then accuse them of skimming. I get you are a cynic but dont get upset if you post stuff as fact then get asked for evidence.

The rest of your post is lost on me i'm afraid

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Our main selling point is preventing the change that most of us agree society definitely doesn't need.

Once that's accomplished we can get on with fixing the rest of it with proportional voting, renewable energy etc

Yeah and once I’ve finished designing my heatproof flip flops I’m going to go and have a dance on the surface of the sun

you’ve got no chance of fixing any of it, mate. Labour only has a slim chance and they actually have a strategic analysis based on addressing the crumbling capitalist system. The libs have nothing of what we need, I’m sorry.