You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

That's fucking embarassing from Jamie after what those cunts sang on the plane back from Brighton last season.

Defo mate. I'd have been laughing my arse of right there. Tonight UEFA enacted their own justice on the cheating cunts. 

I love it that UEFA Var officals fucked them over tonight. 

17 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Enjoying my night and then my Bitter mate sent me this. Don't begrudge it, though,as he looks likely to fuck up on

the Grealish to Liverpool tip he spent on.

531303149_poorcity.thumb.jpg.edb6740f164799ac55274e710ead81dc.jpg

£100 at 17/2?  That's a back up bet if ever I saw one.

Just now, Moo said:

They didn't though.  But if them believing that adversely affects them then I'm all for it.

That's what I mean. They'll think its some massive UEFA conspiracy especially with BT going on about the foul for Lyons second goal and how VAR allowed it. 

On 14/08/2020 at 16:59, 3 Stacks said:

Lyon overperform against very good teams and are crap against poor sides. They will have a fighting chance. 

On 14/08/2020 at 17:05, 3 Stacks said:

They do, their side is filled with athletes. They regularly give PSG a hard time and beat City last season. 

Does Stacks know Ligue 1 or does Stacks know Ligue 1?

ALLEZ L'OL. ALLEZ L'OL. ALLEZ L'OL, ALLEZ L'OL, ALLEZ L'OL.

I actually thought Pep's setup was decent, haha. Putting all his snide centre mids to stop the counter. Overthought that for sure. Their journey will end against Bayern surely, but Lyon are truly good against top sides.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I actually thought Pep's setup was decent, haha. Putting all his snide centre mids to stop the counter. Overthought that for sure. Their journey will end against Bayern surely, but Lyon are truly good against top sides.

Could you do a post on the transfer thread on the three Lyon players we should look to bring in please?

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think at this point the general forum members should pay for access to Draft Forum members' insights -- if everyone bet per our collective guidance there would be many a rich man.

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

That's fucking embarassing from Jamie after what those cunts sang on the plane back from Brighton last season.

Don’t think Carra did anything wrong then - I think he was as stunned as everybody else watching the game! Including Richards.

If he’d have burst out laughing, like I’m sure we all did, then that’d have been a bit different! 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It would never happen for money reasons and we’d lose the Anfield effect but one off games at neutral grounds for the quarter finals onwards would be brilliant I think.

Yeah, they have been good. Having >20k from each team at the games would be great. 

When you see the numbers we took to Madrid, the other 7 sides could argue they’d take similar numbers, then I think it makes it un-feesable, unfortunately. 

Maybe keep it at 1 leg, so a club has home advantage, but increase away supporters to 25%?

Dunno, I’m just thinking out loud.

45 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It would never happen for money reasons and we’d lose the Anfield effect but one off games at neutral grounds for the quarter finals onwards would be brilliant I think.

Yeah these games have been spot on, both teams with an equal incentive to attack instead of one maybe playing it safe to avoid an away goal, plus it would remove the home advantage of the second legs. I've even enjoyed the games every day format.

But like you said, if they make them one off games they are basically halving their TV advertising money, so it won't be happening but I hope we get to see something like this again in the future, maybe as a preseason tournament. 

Guest Alex_K

What people seem to fail to understand about City is that, for them, you cannot improve on David Silva. You cannot improve upon Sergio Aguero. You cannot improve upon Fernandinho. It is very difficult to improve upon Vincent Kompany. These are world class players central to how they've played for going on a decade. Once you start stacking all these players up it becomes very difficult to maintain that high level. They will keep thrashing sides from time to time but the consistency won't be there. It is a little bit like when Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand etc. all faded from Utd. at the same time.

Unlike the bitter pettiness that comes our way when winning this type of award, I’d like to offer my heartfelt congratulations to KDB on a magnificent season...

E073D834-4D74-4173-BCDD-506F52D6A821.png

...Citeh couldn’t have beaten the EFL heavyweights of Oxford & Preston and a relegation threatened Aston Villa on the way to silverware. 

Saying that, at least Villa have a European Cup.