Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 132 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

• Jurgen Klopp is ready to hand Harry Wilson the chance to be a part of the long-term future at Liverpool. (Liverpool Echo)

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:
  • Jurgen Klopp is ready to hand Harry Wilson the chance to be a part of the long-term future at Liverpool. (Liverpool Echo)

I like Wilson, but I’m not convinced he’ll reach the level we need him to. He’s closest to Shaqiri in profile; good close close control and great striking technique, but lacking top-end pace. In the games I’ve seen him in, he never seemed to get involved too heavily in the build-up. I’d send him out on loan again but to a PL team next season. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Interested to see what role Lallana thinks he can play next season seeing as he's hardly been fit for 3 seasons and when he is fit he barely does anything. 

When fit and on his best form he’s been brilliant. Only problem is you get between 0 and 180 minutes of that a season.

Should be moved on to free up space in the squad.

Will be a bad mistake to stand still and not sign anyone. We've got the rare opportunity to consolidate ourselves as the main challengers to Man City domestically and to be the most feared team in the Champions League. 

Especially as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in rebuilding modes and Spurs still recovering from us beating them as well as convincing their manager that his future is there.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Will be a bad mistake to stand still and not sign anyone. We've got the rare opportunity to consolidate ourselves as the main challengers to Man City domestically and to be the most feared team in the Champions League. 

Especially as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in rebuilding modes and Spurs still recovering from us beating them as well as convincing their manager that his future is there.

The first paragraph is my concern. Always strengthen from a position of power. 

• Upvote 2

Sarabia at 18m would probably be a good signing. Can play as a number 10 or wide right. Better player than Shaqiri, and obviously much better than Lallana. I'm not sure how he'd react to being booted up in the air though.

That's all we need. Don't need 4 or 5 players every year now. Most of the weaknesses have been addressed but we still shouldn't be relying on the front 3 to play virtually every single game without them getting injured or being shattered. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Sarabia at 18m would probably be a good signing. Can play as a number 10 or wide right. Better player than Shaqiri, and obviously much better than Lallana. I'm not sure how he'd react to being booted up in the air though.

What about that Nigerian kid at Villarreal?

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool will not return to Nabil Fekir this summer after last years failed move, and will not look for anyone similar either. Klopp is intent on strengthening other areas of the team, not the midfield. [Liverpool Echo] https://t.co/9VU5uKnIM1

A pity if true. I like him and think he'd be a good addition to the team and hes said he would love to join us. Good attitude and can chip in with goals. 

The Echo stories at this time of year always remind me of a politician who, when asked what their party are going to do, replies "Well, I'll tell you what we're not going to do..."

Really helpful stuff.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

One of those kids who always looked a talent coming out of Castilla but never quite stepped up.  Lost track of him, but he's a good player - doubt he'll be good enough though. Surely no better than delofeu.

Another Real Madrid kid that might be available would be Mariano. Might be worth a look as Bobby's understudy. Strong, skillful forward, could fit in, or could go the way of Jese.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

What about that Nigerian kid at Villarreal?

Would be a lot more of a gamble. Hasn't been much more than promising so far at Villarreal. 

Obviously could be a much better player than Sarabia in 2/3 years.

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

One of those kids who always looked a talent coming out of Castilla but never quite stepped up.  Lost track of him, but he's a good player - doubt he'll be good enough though. Surely no better than delofeu.

Another Real Madrid kid that might be available would be Mariano. Might be worth a look as Bobby's understudy. Strong, skillful forward, could fit in, or could go the way of Jese.

He got 20 goals last year, double figures the previous two as well. He really stands out when you watch him live. Intelligence, awareness, anticipation, etc. If we are looking for back up/rotation we could do much worse. Maybe Klopp prefers to spend big on a 21/22 year old, or stick with what we have. It's a similar type of signing to Shaqiri (but a better player) so it could be possible. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ve seen Jamal Lewis of Norwich named as a target for back up left back.

He’s played a few international games for NI. He did a lot of athletics as a kid & is very quick. Decent enough for us but lots to learn.