Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 104 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Errrrrr ok 

PSG CONSIDER MILNER MOVE
Thomas Tuchel admitted on Sunday that he would be naive to promise that Neymar and Kylian Mbappe will still be at PSG beyond the end of the summer. So should the Parisians lose either of their superstars, they are being linked with the only player capable of filling the glitz and glamour void: James Milner.

The Liverpool utility man is out of contract next year and it remains unclear what the 33-year-old’s next step might be. Milner has been linked with a return to Leeds but, according to Le Parisien, PSG have discussed the prospect of making an offer this summer.

PSG are looking to remodel their midfield, with Ander Herrera on the way from Manchester United and Napoli’s Allan also a target. Tuchel might be keen to hold on to Neymar and Mbappe but Julian Draxler, Thomas Meunier, Christopher Nkunku, Stanley Nsoki and Eric Choupu-Moting can all go

19 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Thank fuck for that, he was going to be the next Sakho if he signed for us. I’m certain of it.

No, I don't think we would have played him at centre back.

Suarez is a fucking rat and I don't want him anywhere near this club, unless it's to get turned over again playing for someone else.

Would be half open to Suarez as i think he's still top class and is a winner. I actually didn't care about his behaviour against us because it was him all over and when he was here i liked his lunacy and how he pissed off self-righteous middle England.

However, i'm not sure he'd take being more of a squad player or rotated and we have a team with that same winning desire that he had here.

• Upvote 2

No. Not because of all the shite he pulled in the semi final but his knee injury has slowed him down big time and he'd have trouble re-adapting to the pace of the Premier League. 

He would also be likely to get into more unnecessary shite with other teams players and fans. When he was here we tolerated him to a certain extent because we weren't very good and we relied on him. Now we don't need all his shit because we have other great players to rely on. 

As said above, our wage bill is massive and we don't need to pay him a fortune to be a back up.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

Imagine having Suarez to come off the bench. 

Not sure he'd be too interested in that role himself. Given that we trounced them, in some ways I've enough goodwill left over that I can only laugh at some of his antics against us. I reckon he dives and waves imaginary yellow cards when he's kicking around with his kids in the garden. Daft, often brilliant bastard.

I'd still take Coutinho over him.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

No. Not because of all the shite he pulled in the semi final but his knee injury has slowed him down big time and he'd have trouble re-adapting to the pace of the Premier League. 

He would also be likely to get into more unnecessary shite with other teams players and fans. When he was here we tolerated him to a certain extent because we weren't very good and we relied on him. Now we don't need all his shit because we have other great players to rely on. 

As said above, our wage bill is massive and we don't need to pay him a fortune to be a back up.

The wage bill argument is a bit of a red herring though, isn't it?

Considering we'll be shifting £150 pw with sturidge, 50/60 for Moron, 25 for Calamity Karius, 60 for Ings & 70 for Clyne immediately. Then we have, potentially 100 for lovren, 60/70 Ming (Didn't he sign a new deal that increased this though?), Lallana at the fat end of 70. We then have all the 'youth' who will be off the books soon, who will be picking up 15/20 pw.

That's a lot of wedge off the bill, with even the increases and bonus they'll earn for doing so well in Europe again this year, we're in rude financial health.

That's without even thinking about fees we'll have incoming.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Thoth said:

Errrrrr ok 

PSG CONSIDER MILNER MOVE
Thomas Tuchel admitted on Sunday that he would be naive to promise that Neymar and Kylian Mbappe will still be at PSG beyond the end of the summer. So should the Parisians lose either of their superstars, they are being linked with the only player capable of filling the glitz and glamour void: James Milner.

The Liverpool utility man is out of contract next year and it remains unclear what the 33-year-old’s next step might be. Milner has been linked with a return to Leeds but, according to Le Parisien, PSG have discussed the prospect of making an offer this summer.

PSG are looking to remodel their midfield, with Ander Herrera on the way from Manchester United and Napoli’s Allan also a target. Tuchel might be keen to hold on to Neymar and Mbappe but Julian Draxler, Thomas Meunier, Christopher Nkunku, Stanley Nsoki and Eric Choupu-Moting can all go

They want him to do all the running around that Neymar and Mbappe don't do

Suarez, in the form he was when he left us, would be perfect. He's too old now though. it's not going to happen.

Maybe it's just me but Suarez didn't look like he did when he played for us. He looked a bit fat, and his energy level was way below what we used to see from him.

Not sure about Cou either. The way we press there's no room for passengers, his defensive work isn't up to the standard we need. Against lower sides yeahh, but not one for the big games.

Suarez would score eleventy million goals for us -- the first goal against us in the away game is the perfect example of what he can still do and what we do not have. He would not get alot of starts but off the bench he would be mustard.

14 hours ago, Boss said:

A few papers saying Barca are open to offers for Suarez this summer. Worth a punt?

His legs can go in someone else's shirt .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• If I was in any doubt of the existence of proper mad blues the the last year has changed that. Lorry driver delivers to our yard, chatted to him briefly on and of the past 5 years or so- perfectly nice guy......until one day he arrives and Im drinking out of an LFC cup. The transformation was insane, he just launched into all manner of shit, I couldnt get a word in edgeways.   Hadnt seen him for around 3 months, he turns up yesterday- he literally jumped out of his cab and was straight off the bat- "how did you get on in the league? How did you get on in the league? Didnt get what you wanted did you? And where did you lose the league? Aye?"  Over and over again- I hadnt even said anything.   I decided the best course of action would be to rise above it and settle for calling him a "fucking weapon"             
    • F365 Says: Rhian Brewster is Liverpool’s Firmino-in-waiting… “We brought them in already, only you don’t realise it,” beamed Jurgen Klopp when asked about the possibility of Liverpool making new signings this summer. It’s a question he will be asked regularly in the coming weeks and you get the impression the answer will be similar each time; one which refers to a number of Liverpool players who missed much of last season through injury but are now back in the fold. It’s normal for a player coming back from a long-term absence to be described as ‘like a new signing’. But this might not wash with many fans who recognise the need for strength in depth as they look to build on a campaign that was successful but still saw them fall short of Manchester City in the Premier League. They do have Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana and Joe Gomez coming back to full fitness in time for the new season, but there is another new face yet to make a senior appearance who might genuinely fit the ‘like a new signing’ tag. In January 2017 Klopp spoke of a “special kid” in the Liverpool academy but refused to name names so as not to put pressure on the youngster. The ‘special kid’ is thought to have been Rhian Brewster, the forward who moved from Chelsea to Liverpool aged 15. Today Klopp is not so coy when discussing the talented attacker, who is now 19 years old and ready for the first team. When asked if Brewster’s pre-season performances needed to be played down, he replied: “Why should I play it down? I saw a really good game and Rhian is a fantastic player. That is the only thing I want to talk about.” If Brewster is going to feature in the first team this season he will have to deal with the pressure of turning out for the European champions, and the Premier League’s last hope when it comes to challenging Manchester City’s dominance. This is Klopp preparing his young player for that pressure by bigging up his pre-season displays, even if they were only against Tranmere Rovers and Bradford City. But as long as he puts in a shift, Brewster may not be under too much pressure to hit the back of the net as often as other strikers in the league. This is because the centre-forward role at Liverpool is very specific and very, well, Roberto Firmino. There are few if any players in world football who could replicate the Brazilian’s role for Liverpool, so it makes complete sense that Klopp has chosen to mould a promising young player waiting for a first-team chance rather than trawl the transfer market for a player who might be a bit like Firmno, but not quite. And Brewster has had some time to work on this. Tactics in Liverpool’s youth and reserve sides mirror those in the first team, so for around three years he has been training to become the next Firmino. In April 2017 Klopp said: “Rhian has made outstanding steps in the last few months. Because of the talent group training once a week in Melwood with Pep Lijnders, I can see them. “I’ve known him for probably more than a year. A wonderful skilled boy, real striker, good finisher, fantastic work ethic, and all that stuff,” enthused the Liverpool manager. The ‘talent group’ is exactly that – a selection of talented academy players invited to integrate with the first team. There was no doubt that Brewster was good enough for this group, and the club now have no doubts that he can make the next step. The work ethic is also key, and by “all that stuff”, Klopp basically means the Firmino stuff. Firmino accepts that he has to work for the team and allow players like Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah to push forward in Liverpool’s 4-3-3, which becomes more of a 4-4-2 diamond in attack with Firmino combining the roles of attacking midfielder and striker. It’s no coincidence that Salah and Mane tied for most goals in the Premier League last season; Firmino ploughs furrows and they reap the rewards. Brewster will have to do the same, dropping deep to link play, working hard in defence, knowing when and where to press, and being versatile enough to operate in multiple positions if needed. The trade-off is that regular goals are not expected, although they are of course nice and opportunities will arise to score them once the heavy lifting has been done. It could be the ideal situation for a young player to walk into: the pressure is off as long as you work hard and understand the tactics. Born in London, Brewster moved north as he didn’t see a path to the first team at Chelsea. At Liverpool the opportunity is there, but you have to be good and you have to fit Klopp’s plan. Trent Alexander-Arnold and Gomez are the most recent success stories, and they have paved a way for academy players such as Brewster and young new signings such as centre-back Sepp van den Berg. Liverpool fans still recognise the need for a new attacking signing for the first team – someone who can play wide and centrally, someone with pace, and someone who can step in should the unthinkable happen and one of Salah or Mane pick up an injury. Given the amount of football the pair have played during the past few years (Mane’s summer break is yet to begin as he’s still with Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations) they will definitely need a rest at some point in the new campaign. That pacy, inventive, back-up wide forward doesn’t exist in Liverpool’s current squad – unless they suddenly decide Harry Wilson is good enough – so it’s here they’ll need an actual new signing rather than ‘like a new signing’. But when it comes to their Firmino alternative they might just have a homegrown, home-made solution, and Klopp has already spoken of his plans for the teenager. “Rhian Brewster is a top striker,” said the German. “He has an important role this year, but how important? It depends on him, and we’ll see. He has to play different positions because the centre is OK, wing is possible, and then we will see how we can line up. There will be opportunities for him, I’m really sure.” Many before Brewster have been given chances and failed, but thanks to the work of Klopp and Lijnders – and the links between first team and academy – young players are now better prepared to bridge the gap to the elite. Brewster already has Champions League and (U-17) World Cup medals, but the biggest honour yet would be for him to don the red shirt and make his first senior appearance for Liverpool. https://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-rhian-brewster-is-liverpools-firmino-in-waiting
    • I actually checked this for a laugh. Because as you pointed out it was/must have been ages ago. The answer is, Norman Smith, managed them from Oct 61 until Jun 62. 
    • When was the last time they had an actual Geordie as manager? I don't mean temporary ones like Alan Shearer or John Carver, or ones simply born nearby like Bobby Robson.
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors