You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porto(h) Champions League- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

The players should do well to remember that people have paid good money to watch the team tonight so they should not be wanking about the pitch. Porto score 2 goals then the nerves will undoubtedly creep in. Keep it VERY professional, Trig, very professional.

The players should do well to remember that people have paid good money to watch the team tonight so they should not be wanking about the pitch. Porto score 2 goals then the nerves will undoubtedly creep in. Keep it VERY professional, Trig, very professional.

I'd have thought you of all people would approve of this.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't have a fiver of ratcatchers money on that team with them all at their "peak" (chuckle) going through this tie if it lined up tonight

I'd be down easypawn with the telly, the lads playstation and me tarts jewellery like a shot though to get on Porto!

We will be playing twice a week if we keep progressing in the champions league so we will need to give players time rather than throw them in cold when we get injuries, suspensions or need to genuinely rest players.

Karius - the exception. Has to play every minute for us to continue this run. You'd expect that Mignolet's confidence is shot. Gomez was 1st choice 3 or 4 weeks ago so play him and rest TAA who is more suited to play v a defensive side on Saturday.

Matip and Lovren - they are swapping out every 2nd game so this is an ideal chance to rest VVD

Moreno needs game time as Robinson may need changing out so should start here.

If you asked everyone here to name their 3 in mf v the Mancs you'd get an even split of about 7 different combinations. Thats a great position to be in. Hopefully Klopp plays the 3 that won't start Saturday tonight. I can't imagine Hendo not starting v Mancs so doubt we will see him starting tonight. He rarely plays twice a week anymore.

Choosing the front 3 is a funny one. If Porto go for it you'd love to see our front 3 on the break but they can't play every game. It's the perfect chance to rest them. I think he will play one, sub one in and rest the other. Firming is the obvious to rest as Solanke and Ings can both play 9 and we have few options on the wing but he is probably the most durable.

Ridiculous result that 1st leg. Does Klopp not know we like nerve jangling 2nd legs under the lights.

He does'nt get us.................................................

I couldnt cope if it was still on a knife edge. My anxiety levels are far too high right now. If Porto get a couple early on il have to turn it off.

Hope Ings and Lallana get a run out. No silly injuries please reds.

Pretty Strong team

Surprised no Solanke on the bench

------------------Karius

Gomez-----Lovren---Matip---Moreno

---------------------Hendo

-------------Can------------Milner

Mane--------------Firmino------------Lallana