You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Napoli have agreed personal terms with Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.

Means two things:

1) Napoli have a sensational centre midfielder who is like 2007 era Mascherano but with free kicks

2) they’re selling Jorginho

Seen a few articles saying Pepe Reina had a medical for Milan today too. How’s that happening at this stage of the season.

Napoli have agreed personal terms with Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria.

Means two things:

1) Napoli have a sensational centre midfielder who is like 2007 era Mascherano but with free kicks

2) they’re selling Jorginho

Indy Kaila over here.

• Upvote 1

Get N’Zonzi in. A magnificent player.

Pfft, should have got him in 2012 when he went for £3m

Thought N'Zonzi looked decent last night. I think we need a player like him (although would prefer better), but if we manage to get a top attacking right midfielder and a striker, and are strapped for cash after that and they get relegated, he could be cheap at least.

• Upvote 1

Also, Ben Yedder is the profile of striker we should be targeting. Technique, agility and a good finisher.

Pfft, should have got him in 2015, the season before he went for €9m

I do like the look of Ben Yedder though, 45 goals in the last 3 league campaigns is decent and consistent.

Or even 2013!

Thought this graphic was interesting. Messi is clearly a freak, Ronaldo must take loads of shots, Suarez needs to convert more chances, and maybe we should look at Ben Yedder or Szalai. Anyone know anything about them, as I've neve heard of them?

• Upvote 4

N'zonzi would be crap for us. Fairly certain of that. He doesn't fit the type of midfielder Klopp wants at all. 

Absolutely correct. A good game against the Mancs and both Yedder and N'Zonzi are great players so we should now sign them. One of them cannot get a regular game for them which says a lot to me. I think we bought enough duds doing that.

Not sure whether I ever mentioned working in Rosario in the late-90's supplementing my income as a male model with a little bit of HGT muling. Remember selling regularly to a lad who looked about 3 foot tall but couldn't half do tricks with a ball. Always wondered what happened to him.

A question for Jairzinho and La Liga enthusiasts... that Lenglet guy looked solid last night... is he a good player or was last night a one-off?

Not seen much of him, to be honest. Only signed in January, and I haven't been to see them play since then. So only a few games on telly. 

Dejan Lovren still remains a liability, and while Joel Matip has been solid, there is a need for decent backup, and it appears that Jürgen Klopp is already on the case, according to BILD.

The German newspaper explain the Reds ‘are supposedly’ tracking Stuttgart’s Benjamin Pavard, and, if they are, will be providing competition to the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal, also said to be interested.Since leaving France for Germany, the 21-year-old’s stock has risen drastically over the past couple of years, helped by a recent call-up to the France squad, during which he earned himself two caps.

However, such talent comes at a price, and Stuttgart’s director of football has made it clear that even a €30m bid wouldn’t make the Bundesliga side flinch, such is their desire to keep their starlet.

We’ll have to see where this goes, but it’s an option that makes a lot of sense.