You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars! City at home, 14th Jan

Guest Pistonbroke

Pep was gracious at the end saying well done to us. Can you ever imagine Mourinho doing that?

In fairness to Guardiola, (and I think he's put on a pedestal a bit too much)

But I saw an interview with Pep and he was talking about how Klopp, in his opinion is the best manager in the world at creating an attacking team.

Talk about a glowing reference.

Some Man City fan on arsenal Mania. Anyone know anything about the bit in bold? I would have thought if that had happened the press would be all over it.

Well that didn't go to plan!

Was happy to see van Dijk out of their side, as I thought we'd struggle against him on set-pieces attacking-wise, then I saw David Silva was not going to be starting, due to a stomach bug, and it counter-acted that. clear.png

Well deserved win for Liverpool, 4-3 flattered us really but it was good to see us keep going at 4-1 down, the last few seasons we probably wouldn't have. Good game of football to watch though. Years ago wouldn't have been able to walk back through Stanley Park in the dark without getting set-upon by a mob of scallies, so I suppose that was a bonus clear.png

Sterling should have been left on the bench, he horribly underperforms every time we play at Anfield, no matter how he left them though, there was absolutely NO justification for the few Liverpool fans that aimed monkey chants at him. I wonder what that Liverpool FC will do about it (it was reported)? Probably nothing, given their past history on that subject

Some Man City fan on arsenal Mania. Anyone know anything about the bit in bold? I would have thought if that had happened the press would be all over it.

I think some oppo fans just want to give out false information to give this myth of racism at Liverpool alive. I heard absolutely NO monkey chants at Sterling in the ground. He got a lot of jeers and boos but absolutely nothing racist. As I said about Firmino mud sticks and false claims like the lad is making just adds to it. And why is a city fan posting that on an Arsenal site if not to stir shit.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The crowd was loud as fuck, or at least that is how it came over on the TV. How the fuck would a City fan hear a few chants amongst that lot? Bullshit is what it is, a fucking mong trying to create a story. 

Palace had a good go a few weeks back. I’ll have nothing good said about that old owl cunt though. Shows how to get something from games against them. Most sides have conceded defeat before the ref blows the first whistle which is crazy. Have a fucking go you soft cunts.

Watched different highlight shows four times now.  You know it's a good win when motd gets an airing in my house.  I still turn off everything after the interviews of course.  No reason at all to listen to Murphy and Shearer talk about anything.

You know it's a good win when you're enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

Watched different highlight shows four times now. You know it's a good win when motd gets an airing in my house. I still turn off everything after the interviews of course. No reason at all to listen to Murphy and Shearer talk about anything.

Madly shearer and Murphy couldn’t stop praising us - gobsmacking!!

Watched different highlight shows four times now.  You know it's a good win when motd gets an airing in my house.  I still turn off everything after the interviews of course.  No reason at all to listen to Murphy and Shearer talk about anything.

Somebody's hacked Grinch's account and posted something vaguely positive. Poor form.

I've said this before.

He's no midfielder. And he's worse off the bench, adjusting to the pace of a game.

And I say that as someone who likes him.

I remember being at the game against city on the run in when we nearly won the league under Rodgers and Milner came on at half time and totally changed the game for them, everything going through him, and got them back from 2-0 to 2-2, before Phil grabbed the winner, somewhat fortuitously and massively against the run of play.

Today, him coming on also changed the game in their favour quite a bit.

He's very near the end of his career I reckon.

I like him, and think he's been a good addition to the club since signing him, not least for his attitude and professionalism, but it's clear he's not really up to being a centre mid at the level we need any longer.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watched the whole of the match again with English commentary this time, forgot what a pair of massive pricks Tyler and Neville are.

I was still on the edge of my seat, at one point my daughter came into the room to ask me something and I went 'Shhh, I'm watching the game!' Hahaha WTF is that all about. 

Anyone read The Gini interview in the Telegraph? I’ve not - just seen the headline about not many other sides being able to do what we did to City.

I think what he says stands to reason, a lot teams would be leaving themselves open if they tried to press their passing out from the back.  It's not something you can learn overnight.  Spurs would be the best bet, in my opinion.

It worked for us because we're attuned to that way of playing and excellent at capitalising on their errors.  

Spurs would be the best bet, in my opinion.

Even Spurs got absolutely destroyed by City a couple of months back trying to do what we did yesterday; Ederson simply played it long and bypassed the press, and Spurs had no answer.

Add a decent keeper and central defender (hopefully van Dijk) and I think we are clearly the second best side in the league, and one that can actually compete for the title. And yes, I realise we've all been here before...

Even Spurs got absolutely destroyed by City a couple of months back trying to do what we did yesterday; Ederson simply played it long and bypassed the press, and Spurs had no answer.

Add a decent keeper and central defender (hopefully van Dijk) and I think we are clearly the second best side in the league, and one that can actually compete for the title. And yes, I realise we've all been here before...

He will need to replace Can and Henderson too, we need another alongside Keita behind Oxo if that’s the plan