You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars! City at home, 14th Jan

Guest Pistonbroke

A point worth mentioning.

When the fans of these shithouse teams who refuse to play football ask "where's your famous atmosphere?" maybe we should refer them to Citeh. If you bring a good team and try to win, we will respond accordingly.

Best atmosphere for a League game I've been at since City in 2014.

• Upvote 4

The film on this should end Lovren's career. Ridiculously out of position, and then beaten by a shorter player in the air.

He is the most uncalm defender I can ever recall. Actually quite good when things are going OK but when he loses his nerve he absolutely goes bonkers.

I can't be cross at anyone today.

There were a few times when Lovren stepped in early, high up the pitch, and his decision-making and execution were spot-on.

The film on this should end Lovren's career. Ridiculously out of position, and then beaten by a shorter player in the air.

He is the most uncalm defender I can ever recall. Actually quite good when things are going OK but when he loses his nerve he absolutely goes bonkers.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/aykwkv

This is City's 3rd goal. Watch Lovren all the way through. He follows Sane unnecessarily, can't keep up with him, falls on his ass, rushes back into the box and then flails at the cross ridiculously like a panicky fish that's just been reeled in. 

I mean yeah, great win, but what the fuck was that? Please for the love of God make him our 4th CB, or sell him to West Brom. It would be for his own good at this point. 

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/aykwkv

This is City's 3rd goal. Watch Lovren all the way through. He follows Sane unnecessarily, can't keep up with him, falls on his ass, rushes back into the box and then flails at the cross ridiculously like a panicky fish that's just been reeled in.

I mean yeah, great win, but what the fuck was that? Please for the love of God make him our 4th CB, or sell him to West Brom. It would be for his own good at this point.

That's Lovren's problem eh? He can defend well all match, but then under a bit of pressure his brain just goes completely.

He's probably a better and more natural defender than Matip, but completely prone to these bouts of madness that concede goals.

All 4 goals were good. Ox spotting the gap, driving through it and getting a great shot off. Bobby's strength to shoulder off Stones and then the dink, curling perfectly to nestle into the bottom corner, Mane making use of his weaker foot to guide the ball in as close to the post as possible without actually hitting it, and Salah whos default position was just to bury it and consider his options later.

Conceding two so late, and in that manners, was a little worrying, but not enough to take the shine off the match. Jealous of anyone who got to witness that first hand.

• Upvote 1

When you've paid 40 or 50 quid to watch death-affirming dreck against Burnley or West Brom, you dream of days like this.

I told my brother-in-law not to consider me for tickets if I happened to be in town and he was on some funky shift/his usual match-going friend didn't want to go (both frequent occurrences). "But we're going to be in the Kop for the second half of the season, mate. It'll all be different there". He's being messaging me constantly to tell me how right he was, yesterday was up there with all the great European nights. I'm not budging though.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

Guest Pistonbroke

How Fanchester and you lot can watch turgid shite like that every week, I'll never know.

Attacking football and scoring goals is so last year

Seriously, a great game for a neutral to enjoy.

I think the defensive frailties of both sides could cost them in the Champions League though.

I wouldn't worry about it, your season isn't quite over, just a little matter of avoiding relegation. 

Incidentally, the media whitewashing of the first goal is fascinating. Starting with Sky at half time.

Karius is dogshit, don't get me wrong. But that first City goal was on Gomez. Bummed royally by Sane twice in the build up.

I think he ha to take flak for the near post issue, but the power of that show was mad. Mignolet wouldn’t have saved it.

I think he was fine for the rest of the match. I want him replaced, of course, but he’s better than Mig.

Guest Pistonbroke

I went to bed as soon as MOTD finished last night but did anyone else notice Shearer and Murphy returned to type at the end?

They said Liverpool need to take their home form into their away games and score more goals.

Since the Spurs debacle we have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 0, scoring 3 or more goals in 6 of those games. Goals for 24 against 9

What a pair of plums. 

Pep was gracious at the end saying well done to us. Can you ever imagine Mourinho doing that?

No.  But then again, it's relatively easy to be gracious when you're 15 points ahead.  That said, even the City fans I speak to aren't that upset by the result - I think they feel relieved that the 'record' baggage is out of the way.  It was great to hear about such a great atmosphere even after the game yesterday.  

Pep was gracious at the end saying well done to us. Can you ever imagine Mourinho doing that?

He was very dignified and generally seems a decent fella. That kind of grace is easier to engage in when you're still 15 points ahead even after a game like yesterday, though.