You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny

Lestat

I remember seeing a George Best interview in which he said that "the highest compliment I can give Kenny is that I put him on a par with my all time hero Di Stefano"

When great players give you compliments like that you know you're a great great player.

I think people tend to forget what a world class player Kenny was when he first signed due to him being a manager later....It does tend to get overlooked at times

That was on the Kenny documentary done in the late 80s.

A early xmas vhs for me along with the 5-0 forest game

• Upvote 1

I remember seeing a George Best interview in which he said that "the highest compliment I can give Kenny is that I put him on a par with my all time hero Di Stefano"

When great players give you compliments like that you know you're a great great player.

I think people tend to forget what a world class player Kenny was when he first signed due to him being a manager later....It does tend to get overlooked at times

• Upvote 2

I’d like to think that the Man Utd fans will behave, and I think the older ones will but the younger ones will try to get a couple of chants going against Kenny.

For me that wouldn’t be the end of the world. It’s football. They hate us. We hate them. In this instance a stand is being named after a Liverpool legend. It’s a celebration of the man and all that Kenny is to LFC. It’s not a solemn occasion like a Hillsborough tribute or something like that.

So, given that context, while I’d like to think Man Utd fans will all be respectful, it’s probably a bit naive to expect perfect sporting behaviour. If they were unveiling the Alex Ferguson stand on the day we turned up to play them at Old Trafford, I’d want our fans to be respectful but I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if they tried to let Ferguson know, in their own way, that he’s not our hero.

C’est la vie.

Hopefully we win the three points and they can go back down the east lancs road thinking of that.

PS - I agree about the article though. It’s stirring it up when the occasion absolutely does not need that.

I'd be willing to wager that if it was the other way round and we were the visitors to the toilet and they were naming a stand there after Best or Ferguson there would be an article like that one but the tone would be 'why liverpool fans should show respect and put rivalries aside to honour great'

Biased twats.

• Upvote 1

The fucking media are just so far up every aspect of those fucking manc bastards arses it is unreal....fucking daily mirror journo already getting in the justification for the vermin acting up on Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-can-expect-hostile-11320300

Gosh. That is pretty poor journalism. It looks to legitimise any bad behaviour. They should be promoting harmony in footy. 

I guess it is so that, when they act up, the journo's can then report it as 'shocking' - even though they help foster the atmosphere in which that attitude can prevail.

Gosh. That is pretty poor journalism. It looks to legitimise any bad behaviour. They should be promoting harmony in footy.

I guess it is so that, when they act up, the journo's can then report it as 'shocking' - even though they help foster the atmosphere in which that attitude can prevail.

It is terrible journalism - don't expect any criticism of those rats though.

As i said earlier flip it around and i bet the article would have a very different tone.

The fucking media are just so far up every aspect of those fucking manc bastards arses it is unreal....fucking daily mirror journo already getting in the justification for the vermin acting up on Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-can-expect-hostile-11320300

Still maintain it was Evra that pulled out of the "handshake" and not Suarez. 

• Upvote 3

I enjoyed Kenny's second spell. I've never known a team hit the woodwork so much - with a bit more luck who knows. I certainly enjoyed my three trips to Wembley as well. Beating everton in the semi final was fun.

The whole Suarez/Evra thing derailed the club and I think it even got to Kenny in the end - he wasn't as laidback in interviews as he was at the beginning.