You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Ken Bigley

Brownie

Brian Reade has been slagging Connoly for years, He's pointed out on a number of occasions what a Royal arse kissing, tax avoiding, complete and utter fake he really is.

His comments about Ken's plight were utterly dispicable. May he rot in hell for those appalling views.

My thoughts are with Ken's family, who have been a great credit to the city of Liverpool and Ken himself with their fantastic dignity. I haven't been so moved since the day my dad died, as I was tonight watching Ken's brother deliver his message to the British public.

I suspect Connolly was trying to make a point about the media but got it horribly wrong. If Al Zarqawi was starved of an audience for these vile recordings of barbarism would he still kidnap and behead hostages? (maybe he would) Personally I couldn't muster the strength to watch somebody beheaded.

Sadly I believe Bigley was only kept alive because it coincided with the Labour conference and that his fate was perhaps sealed on day one.

RIP.

Terrible thing for Connolly to say, Can't believe he'd do that as i've always liked him.

I think that hanging around in a warzone where kidnappers are constantly looking for Brits and Americans had a lot to do with the sealing of his fate. He by no means deserved this terrible fate but it does leave me confused as to why he would stay there, it was lunacy.

"I think that hanging around in a warzone where kidnappers are constantly looking for Brits and Americans had a lot to do with the sealing of his fate".

Like you were the only person on earth that thought this? That was the point I was making. "Stating the bleeding obvious" as Basil Fawlty would say.

It got Connolly publicity his ailing career needed. Nice one Billy. As one poster (plus Brian Reade) has already pointed out he is hardly the bastion of anti-establishment comment.

He takes the mick out of some poor f*cker who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and all the normal crew say "fair game, humour is about being cutting".

He mocks Mr Bigley's wife and this is considered within the bounds of decency and taste by some.

For some a man earning a crust is considered less worthy of our thoughts because he chose to work in a warzone. I had to work in Reading for twelve months in order to gain valuable work experience.

Do you think I wanted to live there? I'd have rather worked nearer home but I couldn't get a job.

Imagine the outcry from them had Connolly made a joke about homosexuals, or people of non-European origin?

However a man faced with death in the most awful of circumstances is considered fair game.

Priorities hey?

RIP Ken Bigley.

Terrible thing for Connolly to say, Can't believe he'd do that as i've always liked him.

I think that hanging around in a warzone where kidnappers are constantly looking for Brits and Americans had a lot to do with the sealing of his fate. He by no means deserved this terrible fate but it does leave me confused as to why he would stay there, it was lunacy.

Stu, I've got a mate who's brother is working as an engineer in Saudi. He is paid £90,000 a year and has just been offered a £20,000 rise to stay. He has decided that the risks are too great and is going to head home. All the Americans who were out there have gone home and this is why they are offering this fantastic salary. If they are being paid that in Saudi, what sort of money are they offering to engineers who are prepared to work in the warzone that is Iraq? I think that is why some are prepared to take the risk.

Stu, I've got a mate who's brother is working as an engineer in Saudi. He is paid £90,000 a year and has just been offered a £20,000 rise to stay. He has decided that the risks are too great and is going to head home. All the Americans who were out there have gone home and this is why they are offering this fantastic salary. If they are being paid that in Saudi, what sort of money are they offering to engineers who are prepared to work in the warzone that is Iraq? I think that is why some are prepared to take the risk.

Still not worth it though :(

Some might not have a choice though mate so it's unfair to say Ken Bigley was in some way responsible for what happened. The man was trying to earn a crust and might not (perhaps because of his age) have been able to get a job in a more peaceful environment.

In no way am I saying that Ken Bigley was responsible for what happened, only the savages who murdered him are responsible for that.